Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 192 total)
  • So, what’s the worst film you’ve watched recently?
  • Flaperon

Moon. – Sam Rockwell is effing amazing in every film apart from this one. Incomprehensible

One of my favourite films 🙁

boomerlives
    Free Member

The Favourite. It’s got Olivia Coleman in it! It won every award going!

But utter crap. Horrible distracting camera work and everyone chewing the furniture overacting.

wordnumb
    Free Member

That thread on 6 Underground fooled me into thinking it would be fun to laugh at. Like being lobotomised through the eyeballs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC had a lazy sofa afternoon yesterday and found some straight to Channel Z dirge about William and Kate.

Proud to say I lasted about 45 seconds of it

Klunk
    Free Member

bloodshot was pretty crap, couldn’t understand why they need vin when they already had the psycho twins 😕

DezB
    Free Member

You thought The Favourite was bad, try the director’s other films! 😂
    (I liked The Favourite)

I didn’t make 15 minutes through Marriage Story.
    Roma is beyond me. Just the dullest thing I have ever tried to sit through. And I love an arty foreign drama, me.

Single worst film I’ve tried to watch lately though is Rough Night. The cast is superb! The script is a bag of shit.
    Last straw for me, about 15-20 mins in, they’re in an airport, one of them pops a champagne bottle. Everyone in the airport dives for cover. The next line “er that sounded like a gun. And we’re in an airport”. wtf. If you want a “comedy” that exercises your frown muscles, give it a go.

supercarp

Watched The Phantom Menace with the 6yr old forgot how crap it was, even the special effects were pretty rubbish, even the little one wanted it turned off and watched a 1952 Robin hood film instead!

slowoldman

I was once lent a copy of Idiocracy by a well-meaning friend. It lasted all of 10 minutes.

funkmasterp

Been watching the Star Wars films with my eldest and come to the conclusion that they’re all a bit shit apart from Empire and Rogue One. Prequels and new ones especially so. The cartoons and The Mandalorian are better.

If you’ve got half an eye for old serialised westerns, Firefly or Shogun Assassin then I fail to see how you can dislike The Mandalorian.

johnners
    Free Member

I watched The Rise Of Skywalker the other night, that was drivel and unforgivably long.

I must say though, a lot of people on this thread have certainly got their hate on for some perfectly reasonable films.

kayak23

Cats. I was coerced into seeing it. It really was spectacularly dreadful. I was physically in pain with the want for it to end.

A Quiet Place. Much as I like a bit of Emily Blunt, it was….a bit meh.

fazzini

Villain 1971. Crap film and Richard Burton was terrible

Kuco

A Quiet Place totally bored me. I put that up there with The Happening with Mark Wahlberg

tthew

I thought Foxcatcher, which was on the box the other night, was pretty terrible, but reviews suggest I’m in a minority.

hols2
    Free Member

John Wick. How anyone stuck it out to John Wick 3 is beyond me.

Cos I’ve just watched Wonder Woman

Holy crap, absolutely dreadful. Like, awful.

You’re obviously not the target audience (eight-year old girls).

sbtouring
    Free Member

The latest Charlie’s Angels. Wife wanted to watch it. What a load of rubbish!

hols2
    Free Member

The latest Charlie’s Angels

Were the previous ones any better?

johnners
    Free Member

The latest Charlie’s Angels. Wife wanted to watch it. What a load of rubbish!

Oh yeah, I forgot that one. I made it to about half way before binning it. Kirsten Stewart just looked embarrassed, and rightly so.

boomerlives
    Free Member

I watched Wonder Woman. I’d watch Gal Gadot doing the ironing.

flange
    Free Member

Anything by Michael Bay doesn’t make any sense apart from Pain and Gain. Which was ace. I’ve yet to make any sense of any of the Transformer films.

There’s plenty of rubbish on Netflix but nothing compares to the Expendables

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’ll second Once Apon A Time In Hollywood.
    I’ve never been so disappointed in a film in my life. Utter shite…and I love Tarantino films.

johndrummer
    Free Member

Mamma Mia. God awful. Especially Pierce Brosnan ‘singing’, they really should have overdubbed him

Robin Hood. No, not the Costner or Bergin films, a very recent (probably Netflix) remake. Starts with what you might expect a Gulf War firefight to feel like, other than the bullets replaced by arrows & crossbow bolts. And gets worse

Caher

a lot of what has been mentioned plus Star Wars – all of them.

willyboy
    Free Member

The Grey. One film too many Liam.

HughStew

Citizen Kane is alomost invariably in the top 5 best films in lists compiled by film critics. I watched it waiting for the story to start or something af any interest to happen, it didn’t.

bob_summers

The new Markie Mark offering on Netflix, whatever it was called. It really was crap but switching the old brain off for a couple of hours wasn’t a bad idea.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bad Boys for Life for me.

I’d switched off mentally after about 20 mins and the my wife woke me up towards the end.

falkirk-mark

Sharknado is the biggest pile of poo I have ever seen

funkmasterp

I’ve yet to make any sense of any of the Transformer films.

The first one has a plot you can follow and Bumblebee is actually good. The rest I agree on though. Not a clue what’s happening on screen beyond robots smash!

Some of you clearly haven’t seen any really shit films. Shark ado is supposed to be a bad film. Wonder Woman and Black Panther both pretty much do what they intend to and do it relatively well. Try Justice League, now there’s a shit superhero film.

simondbarnes

Rocky V
    I was having a movie marathon earlier. Enjoyed I-IV but V put a stop to it. Balboa, Creed and Creed II will have to wait for another day.

simondbarnes

Sharknado is the biggest pile of poo I have ever seen

What? That’s fantastic. And the sequels.

sirromj

Just realised I was a bit quick to mention guava island as did actuality stick it through to the end. Can’t say the same for “uncut gems” however. Awful music. Awful characters. Gave up after twenty minutes. And it came recommended from by a STWer.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Once upon a time in Hollywood. What was Tarantino thinking? I can only assume it was a bet to see if he could get people to watch such garbage after all his other good films. There’s literally nothing to it, utter dross.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes!

Nothing happens. It’s just awful. Emperor’s new clothes in cinema form.

Also, Black Panther. We’re all supposed to love it, like it’s some piece of cinematic magnificence. It’s an OK superhero popcorn film, to pass a few hours on a flight. Nothing more.

(Disclaimer- most of the films I watch on flights are utter poo. Hell, I even watched the Point Break remake once. Not even the aperitif, wine list and spirits list could save that one!)

amodicumofgnar

If Sharknado is in play I’m wheeling out Iron Sky

Merak

Spenser Confidential.

**** Awful.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Polar, could have been so good, was pretty poor.
    6 Underground, probably the worst I’ve seen in a good while. I love cars, lots of the ingredients should have worked but it just didn’t, in fact I found it mildly offensive.
    Love films, have a fairly large collection of dvds I can’t part with but what is it about many of the latest ones? Or have lots always been like this? I’m probably too old and clearly not the target audience for most of the modern stuff.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Do not watch Coffee & Kareem on Netflix. Taraji P Henderson should be ashamed for taking part in such hateful dross.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Spenser Confidential.

Boooo! I liked that.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Is Netflix Funding/support/encouragement a film killer ? And while I remember
    Mortal Engines, we all really enjoyed the books, great series with one of my all time favourite endings but BUT the film… oh dear it was sad…how could they? All that effort, expertise, expense and to produce that.

squirrelking
    Free Member

John Wick. How anyone stuck it out to John Wick 3 is beyond me.

The only cerebral element to John Wick are the bits he externalises with whatever weapon he has to hand. Its a Keanu Reeves film, temper your expectations. I actually enjoyed them all.

6 Underground was shit but enjoyably so, we watched it for that express purpose.

Never bothered with Hellboy after the previous sequel ruined it all. And Atomic Blonde was good!

Honestly, the worst film I think I’ve seen recently was Ready Player One. It was never going to be anything brilliant but they butchered what there was and turned it into a Nickelodeon special.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘So, what’s the worst film you’ve watched recently?’ is closed to new replies.