Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • So, whatcha up to for NYE?
  • sootyandjim
    Free Member

As it says in the title really.

Anyone doing anything unusual or are most folk taking it easy (and cheap) this year?

My wife and I have managed to call in a favor, our daughter will have a reliable babysitter and we will venture off to Storm in Coalville for a bit of a boogie.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

damn you jimster.

I’ll be heading to a mates house – we’re all being pikey and cheap this year and just taking a few beers and throwing crisps at each other. Will probably drive too, as Will, Dan, Nick and me are off for a ride on NY day.

Have a good one though.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Babysitting my Granddaughter, had my fun over the last some odd years, time for my daughter / son in law to be able to let their hair down..

Rich
    Free Member

I’m going to Fantazia in Brum, it should be ace!

9 Arenas, over 100 DJs.

I’m still young enough to be raving it up, might as well make the most of it.

Rich
    Free Member

Nice attitude neverfastenuff, that’s like my Mum. I’d very rarely get a night out without her, she’s a star!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Rich – Dion who is playing the Sundissential room at Fantazia is an old friend of mine (from the good old days of Sundissential) and if you like your music hard enough to rattle your fillings he is well worth a listen.

will
    Free Member

Going out for a meal with the GF, then going out in Nottingham.

AlasdairMc

quiet one in my local

xherbivorex
    Free Member

we’ll be eating pie and mash, then popping round to our friend’s flat for her party where i will be drinking a ginger beer or two and wishing i was in bed instead… then i’ll go home and go to bed, probably by about half ten…

ton

relaxing with my good lady and some nice wine and food.

i hate nye with a vengeance.

djglover
    Free Member

Up all night tending to the needs of my 2 week old twin daughters no doubt 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Congrats, djglover!

Cor, double the fun, eh?

nukeproof
    Free Member

Up all night tending to the needs of my 2 week old twin daughters no doubt

Good luck to you. I’m a twin…my parents didn’t have anymore kids after having me and my brother; having now got children of my own, I can only now appreciate how hellish it must have been for them…bless ’em 😀

Anonymous
    Free Member

going to spend most of the evening downtown around lam son square. i missed the fireworks last year, so this year we’re going to try and sneak up to the rooftop pool at the Saigontourist’s ‘the Rex’ and watch what happens from there.

the vietnamese aren’t that big on celebrating our new year, but they do make an effort for the tourists. their new year – Tet – rolls along towards the end of january, but i’ll be on a short break to cambodia by then. with luck, biking somewhere interesting. that is if it ever stops raining… where’s the dry season this year?

Drac

Quiet night in as working tomorrow and I’ll be up from 5.45am.

woffle
    Free Member

Couldn’t get a babysitter this year so we’re all going round to the in-laws where the kids’ll run themselves ragged by 8pm and then collapse so that us adults can all play stupid games and get legless. Should be fun watching the Mother-in-law trying to do Raymans Raving Rabbits TV Party games after one too many.

I’ve been banned from doing fireworks this year after I made the mistake of drunkenly sticking the largest rocket straight into the ground, rather than placing in a bottle. Lit the fuse, stepped back – fffizzzzzzzzz and then BOOOOOMMMM! in an enclosed back garden. Cue assorted neighbouring pets going ape, burglar alarms, car alarms all going off, a ruined lawn and temporary deafness. Very funny though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Got my brother, his good lady and my 2yr old nephew over from Athens so spending the night in with them (plus sis, bro in law, mum) as i only see them couple of times a year. Bit boring, but should be a bit more wallet friendly than usual.

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m going to my friends for dinner and to watch a scary film which means Iíll be hiding behind a cushion ñ maybe watch Jools Holland around midnight, oh and Iíll be getting a bit drunk – woohoo!

Hope to see some of you on the 10th January for the Swinley ride 🙂

Happy New Year to you all.

brooess
    Free Member

A few sensible drinks with housemates 2nite and then driving up to t’Lakes tomorrow for 2 days of skills training so I can stop falling off my bike and breaking myself. Yay. Here’s to an injury-free 2009!

Peter
    Free Member
    crazy-legs

This morning: sort out my CX bike
    This afternoon: gentle spin on the MTB
    This evening: quiet(ish) one down the local

Gary_M
    Free Member

Nice ride home from work today in daylight, wee sherry when I get in, crack open the champagne, then steak pie for tea, few more drinks, watch Jools Holland’s Hootenanny, go to bed. We have been invited out to friends, thats me, my wife and son but the father-in-law is up for a few days so thats a no can do.

miketually
    Free Member

Probably be posting here with Jools on in the background, while the wife sleeps on the sofa and the kids sleep upstairs. Drinking BenRiach 16 year old malt.

lunge

The Brum Adademy for me. I’m quite blantently to old for it, but the beer is cheap and the tunes will be good.

New Years day ride will clear the head!

DaveGr
    Free Member

Maybe watch a dvd, glass of milk then off to bed early so I can get a good ride in tomorrow.

lunge

sootyandjim, i didn’t know Storm was still in existance, i used to go there when it first started. Does Fergie still DJ there? I remember one very interesting night when Fergie and the Tidy Boys played and i felt like my head was going to explode from the hardness of the tunes. Good times.

Coyote
    Free Member

Cooking paella for me and my wife. Couple of bottles of Leffe and hopefully a nice relaxed evening.

Happy New Year to all on here and happy trails for 2009!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Same as last year, fiancee’s parents house for the evening, steady drink (probably red) from early evening for that gentle happy buzz and coming up with “a plan” with her brother and step-dad.
    Last years plan was C2C non-stop, which we did. This years will possibly involve a bothy or a bivvy. You will be able to tell which when I post here for advice in the next few days.

Conor
    Free Member

Probably very little as I got very drunk last night and can hardly function today!

rogerredhat
    Free Member

Going to friends.

Will have a couple of drinks, but otherwise will drive home after we’ve seen midnight in. No doubt we’ll be kept awake for the rest of the night by our pikey neighbours playing their music full tilt through the wall. Ho hum.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘So, whatcha up to for NYE?’ is closed to new replies.