Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 133 total)
  • So what was the highlight of your riding year this year?
  • jhw
    Free Member

where is that Coogan? Looks special. Sorry to hear about your injuries…

Euro
    Free Member

Two days stick out for me.

Taking the good lady and my then 9 and 3 year old boys to the trail centre at Castleward. A combination of a great family day out (sun shone and everything) and zipping around some new trails was joyful in the highest.

Second would be this day. Bringing the camera is a fine excuse to session bits of trail, and on a dry day Cavehill is hard to beat. 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwnrHeolAGs[/video]

druff
    Free Member

jhw it was 9′ across, 3′ down – I’ve never done anything like it but I’m going to make sure that I’ll do more of the same, and push myself more

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ashfanman
    Free Member

Trans-Alp from Switzerland to Italy and back again this October. Not just my best ride of this year, but the best trip I’ve done on a bike in any year. Can’t wait to go back!

coogan
    Free Member

jhw – it’s Gypsy Glen. Right across the road from Glentress. Great wee trail.

AlasdairMc

Doing my first century (in old money) in March was good but that was topped by my favourite mountain bike ride thus far in late July – down Glen Etive and the shore of Loch Etive, through Glen Kinglass and then return via the West Highland Way. 45 miles or thereabouts, perfect weather and great company.

davy-g
    Free Member

For me it had to be riding the Nevis Red and DH course up at Fort William back in August… and also growing the Cojones to run the Shredder road gap down at Ae Forest this month….I actually ran it twice… what a BUZZZZZ that was… 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Doing the Black 8 challenge at Les Arcs with plenty of time to spare, in lovely damp slippery conditions. 😀

saxabar
    Free Member

I had great times in Cham’ and Les Arcs this year, but highlights for me are unexpectedly ace rides found from my front door. Life is good, and I am thankful 😀

weeksy

Max Exposure 80 mile night ride on the south downs way. First long enduro, first proper night ride.. feeling exposed, unhappy, elated, strong, weak as a kitten, also at one time a little scared lost on my own in some forest after a wrong turn lol. Truely an epic it was.

Mugboo

Became a dad at the end of 2010, so getting out with my mates on a Wed has been my real highlight 🙂

A day at Superbagnere in Sept weren’t bad though!

stevepitch
    Free Member

Started riding again after 10 years off and i’ve even got the missus into it too 😀 best thing I’ve ever done!

Riding wise had to be the week in Dartmoor and Exmoor the locals are very lucky

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

coogan – Member

After a silly mistake, fracturing my skull twice, bruising my brain front, side and back, some bleeding, a month in hospital in January and not working for about 3 months. Doing this again in April felt pretty dang amazing.

I’m already counting down the days until will close down the Alps in 2012 8)

messiah
    Free Member

Crap year for biking at home so the highlight has to be my work trip to Phoenix Arizona.

Worth getting up at 4am to catch the shuttle runs on South Mountain and chase the GnarGnar trails locals (brilliant folks and fantastic trails).

Or solo biking through the Sonoma desert at sunrise.

Speaking of Sunrise… sunrise trail at Flagstaff was awesome.

and lastly some sunset action in Sedona,

Next year will be better.

coogan
    Free Member

coogan – Member
    After a silly mistake, fracturing my skull twice, bruising my brain front, side and back, some bleeding, a month in hospital in January and not working for about 3 months. Doing this again in April felt pretty dang amazing.

ChunkyMTB – Member
    I’m already counting down the days until will close down the Alps in 2012

Pow!!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Stood at the top of Pic Blanc at 8am on Sunday 10th July with 350 likeminded idiots for the main Mega race.

All again next year 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

My highlight was watching Elfinsafety having a little set to with the rubber floor in a children’s playground on Saturday. He’s being too precious to allow the sharing of the video with the forum, though. 😆

MadPierre

Whistler as ever was pretty damn good http://mountainbikerides.co.uk/video/17-whistler/388-whistler-bike-park-august-2011.html

But I’ve enjoyed all the riding I’ve done. The fact that the local clay was the driest it’s been for years and stayed that way for so long was very pleasant.

timnwild

Realising this morning that I only bruised my shoulder, rather than fractured it, when I fell off the end of a drop in Steyning Woods yesterday, doing exactly what I’d been taught not to do by Jedi not three weeks before. Dropped like a stone I did, and I can’t decide if the pain or the embarrassment is worse
    O

Oh, and descending the Doethie Valley with all the Shoreham crew in full sunshine, less than 2 hours from a pint.

Great year.

fatboyjon

My highlight of my MTB year was finding the sweetest singletrack trail on my first day exploring the Dordogne and managing to work in into almost every ride.

Getting about a dozen non riding mates out on a nicely rolling ride round the White Peak with a pub lunch half way and seeing them all smiling even though totally shot at the end was brilliant too. I thought they’d never smile again after the steepest climb but a few minutes lying on the grass at the top under a cloudless sky fixed them.

Miss FBJ jnr lifting her feet for a split second on her balance bike for the first time was awesome. Her wanting to go to the playgroup Christmas party on it this morning despite the snow outside was magic too. Think she’s getting nicely hooked 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

For me it was bumping into Jens Voigt three-quarters of the way up Alpe d’Huez

The bloke at 0:23 in your vid looked pretty excited to meet Jens also 😉

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’ve a few highlights in 2011 the ones that standout are

Taking part in MM & Bonti 24/12 as part of Team Bullheart
    The Big Bike Bash
    Night riding for the first time
    Plus riding with friends old & new.

It’s been a good year for me with no major injuries & my remission continues

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mine would be finally doing a complete offroad coastal circuit of the Isle of Wight in a day. (well as much offroad as I could, some bits of the coastal path are road). About 75miles as well, so my biggest ever single ride too.

Sam

London to Paris in 24 hours with a group of good friends.

Well it was the high and the low, and then the high again. Very emotional journey but one I’ll never forget.

clubber
    Free Member

Bristol Bikefest for me – just had a brilliant day. In many ways the riding was incidental as I spent it with a great group of people and there was a great vibe/banter and some great results (not by me I might add…)

theflatboy
    Free Member

Sam, that’s a great effort – I can’t decide whether I could commit to doing it in 4 days. 😆

.duncan
    Free Member

A weekend of welsh riding, snowdon and coed y brenin in the company of some good uni friends:

[video]http://vimeo.com/31778970[/video]

snowdon:

http://video.mpora.com/watch/ZBpBXu1jn/hd/

bellerophon
    Free Member

it’s Gypsy Glen

note to self, really must make an effort 😳

DezB
    Free Member

Big Bike Bash with my kid

+
    Team Bullheart @ MM (Although Bonty 24-12 was better for the riding)

TiRed

first commute after my collarbone healed. first night ride around swinley.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Would agree with Dez on the MM and BBB great events but for riding. The weekend in Purbeck in the summer:

IMG_2409 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

boltonjon

2nd highlight was achieving my goal of completing the Isle of Man E2E

Having taken 15 years of biking, it was my goal to get back into shape and complete the E2E

Managed to get a top 100 place as well

Bring on next year!

GW
    Free Member

manualling from the start of the first re-patched section of tarmac to past the second on my road in the dark.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The first ride this summer, after an injury in the spring requiring reconstructive surgery and being told by my consultant I’d be off the bike for 12 months. The Chilterns had never looked so good.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

For me it was bumping into Jens Voigt three-quarters of the way up Alpe d’Huez

Allthepies wrote: The bloke at 0:23 in your vid looked pretty excited to meet Jens also

Yeah I thought of editing that out but left it in for comedy value

jedi

i couldn’t pin it down to one 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Not that wild stuff, but I’d been riding it less than 2 months when I did this – my first “proper” off-road and I amazed myself by nailing this descent first time.

[video]http://vimeo.com/32676550[/video]

For me doing the whole of the SDW in a day, long day in the saddle but made bearable by the wife and kids meeting wave home made banners towards the end.

kennyp
    Free Member

Five amazing days on Skye and Harris in glorious sunshine (when we were there it was hotter than London).

IMG_5549 by Kenneth Pollock, on Flickr

IMG_5630 by Kenneth Pollock, on Flickr

IMG_5702 by Kenneth Pollock, on Flickr

IMG_5561 by Kenneth Pollock, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘So what was the highlight of your riding year this year?’ is closed to new replies.