• This topic has 42 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • So what parts are you waiting for ? – build on hold content.
  • pymwymis
    Free Member

New liteville build on hold as 650b specific Sweeps not available till November at best.
    Phoned Upgrade bikes to query availability and they don’t even have a code for them on their system yet.

Some areas of the interweb media have implied these things were already available for some time (well that’s how it seemed to me).

Ar*e !!

I’m getting bored looking at this amazing frame and I can’t afford / dont really like the look of Pikes

So bring on your build hold-up excuses.

iainc

Pick’n’mix Dolan track bike on order, due in a few weeks. I have bought a slightly longer stem to experiment with, so basically all I have is a stem 🙂

singlespeedstu

Waiting for a warranty replacement fork that’s been “stuck” in customs for ten days…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cotic Rocket frame, everything else sitting waiting…

PiknMix
    Free Member

Well I thought I just needed wheels, but that has gone to bars, stem, cranks and brakes.

They will arrive just in time for me to go on honeymoon. Nothing like a new bike build to overcome holiday blues.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My Dialled Alpine mk3, I have every other bit except the frame.

tomhoward

Lapierre spicy team. Not due for release til October/November… I have nothing. Not even a stem.

godzilla
    Free Member

Waiting for my Patriot frame as its being re-painted by Orange.

iainc

Nobeer – are you stilllllllll waiting for that frame ?

P20

Mine was a 34.9mm post for my 301. Which post have you gone for?

daveh
    Free Member

You are aware of x-fusion’s track record on this type of thing aren’t you? Think Nukeproof Mega and you won’t be far off. On the upside though you’ll have it sorted for summer.

oldnick

Hylix carbon rigid forks winging their way from Taiwan.

How goods coming via airmail can take 5 weeks to land I’ve no idea (mid air refuelling? Solar powered plane? Boat?), so I’ll keep rolling round on the (old) Pikes which have the advantage of preventing wheelies under my awsum power 🙂

First world problems at their best!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

iainc – Member
    Nobeer – are you stilllllllll waiting for that frame ?

POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yip!

colournoise

Exactly the same as Nobeer…

winch
    Free Member

Mk3 Alpine Frame
    hope hub adaptor
    hope brake adaptor
    seatpost and clamp
    bleed tube

Hopefully all arriving in the next few days!

neilm
    Free Member

Waiting for Raceface to bring some compact chainring sets into the UK.

When they do, I can finish my DeKerf.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hopefully all arriving in the next few days!

Hopefully you’re right.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Looking for a Hollowtech II Ultegra Compact chainset. At the right price.

Also trying to find a decent 1″ Threadless headset. For not much £££

Pyro

The money for a straight 1-1/8th steerer, 9mm QR, 100mm Tower Pro fork, since the one I bought on fleabay was apparently “already sold but relisted automatically by mistake” – the Suntour’ll have to stay a while longer.
    Aside from that, a new rear mech to replace the bent one I cannibalised off my full suss before I realised it was bent, a new saddle to replace the one that’s really, really uncomfortable, and a full geared drivetrain to replace the singlespeed one, sometime after winter.

iainc

I win, all I’ve got is a stem 🙂

twistedpencil

Reverb Stealth 150mm for my Nicolai… Placed order for bike in April, end of October before available 🙁 I am riding with non dopper post mind. Having waited this long I may wait for the Thomson Stealth dropper.

robdob
    Free Member

CRC have a couple of cheap options, well known on Retrobike. Get one while they are still available.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/cane-creek-s-6-sealed-stainless-bearing-1-inch/rp-prod94966
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/cane-creek-aheadset-steel-1-inch/rp-prod94963

theotherjonv

Rear mech, that I ‘click and collected’ from Evans on weds. Or should I say ‘clicked, waited,waited some more, and haven’t collected yet because they haven’t emailed me to say it’s arrived’

In fairness, not urgent and I could call them, I’m interested now to see how long it will take. I’m riding the other bike instead

takisawa2

Got two builds on hold. 😕
    Both cheapo bargain basement jobbies… 🙂

Cheap TriBan road bike. Just need to order cables & get cracking.

Carrerra Subway Commuter for the winter. Need to do a reccie of my hub & spoke collection & get the wheels built.

stany
    Free Member

Got some nice shiny XT brakes and an MRP AMG guide to fit to……………nothing yet.
    Ibis Mojo HD-R 650 WHERE ARE YOOOOOO???????

Northwind

fizzicist – Member

I think I’ve got an unused black stronglight 1 inch in the garage which you can have for the price of a donation of the size of your choice to the charity of your choice, as long as you don’t mind waiting til I remember to post it which might take all week…

bol

Is no one else waiting for black 29″ Arch EX rims?

pymwymis
    Free Member

P20, I have the seat post shim so I’m using 31.6 stealth.

I’d quite like to see a 34.9 post though, it must look like a tree trunk !!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

tyres of decent quality that i can make fit my flow ex 29ers

x-kings protection – nope
    rara’s snakeskin – nope

warpcow
    Free Member

Nothing too thrilling: wheels, brake cables and seatclamp for my Pompetamine winter bike.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Fizzicist, Brick Lane Bikes sell a sealed 1inch threaded headset for £30. They do a non sealed version too for £16

I have a front wheel, seat post and chain set. Not entirely sure what frame it’s going on yet. Probably a Genesis Day-one 853.

Dirtyrider conti mountain kings fit the flow ex pretty well. Well they do mine anyway.

thv3
    Free Member

Got everything except the frame, waiting on the Ti Firelines to arrive on the 15th September.

Going to be a long two weeks.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I have some wheels and ….err….oh, a front brake too.

looking for a cheapy frame for winter duties.

jwr

I have a kitchen full of parts taken from my trusty old Heckler. Waiting for Rocket frames to come into stock.

soundninjauk

Exactly the same as Nobeer…

+2

nickc

I’m waiting to make up my mind about which dropper post to buy

P20

I was going to use the shim, but there were none available. The other shims weren’t long enough 🙄

fizzicist
    Free Member

Northwind – thanks for the offer – alas I’d just ordered this before looking on stw.

Same deal available on the Ultegra?!

chiefgrooveguru

Cotic Rocket frame, everything else sitting waiting…

Ditto. Well, not exactly sitting waiting, it’s almost all on my hardtail. Lots of singlespeed bits waiting for the hardtail though.

brooess
    Free Member

Wheels, tyres, frame, brakes, crankset etc etc* will make up my Condor Pista in time for winter commuting

* by which I mean the full bike 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘So what parts are you waiting for ? – build on hold content.’ is closed to new replies.