So what did you get up to today?

Home Forum Chat Forum So what did you get up to today?

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • So what did you get up to today?
  • Premier Icon scotroutes

Rich wrote:

Moved into my first house.
    Despite no heating at present, minimal lighting/power and a dust/tools/belongings everywhere, it’s mine, and nicer than anyone in my position could ever wish for.
    Feeling very lucky, and cold.

Congrats fella!

I set up a sort of manual cluster solution for two linux boxes.

On a beautiful day. How annoyed am I? (loads)

The project manager (aka “professional naggers”) will pay for this one.

Oh Loddrik – Llangollen? Awesome. That’s where I come from!

Raving til the early hours.. Woke up on a friends sofa, jumped on my bike and rode over to see my brother, sister and mum.. One happy mum and a good healthy lunch at my sister’s..

Bit of a snooze on the sofa, then a leisurely ride the 14 or so miles home on tender rave legs..

Premier Icon bearnecessities

Ta Scotroutes; it does feel like an achievement!

Went for a Sunday roadie club ride and it was an absolute mauling. Snot and sweat everywhere. Bloody fantastic.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

Nice one bear. 8)

Premier Icon felltop

Strath Carron / Torridon circuit on road bike. Final 10 miles along Glen Torridon into a stiff headwind left the legs feeling suitably weary.

Premier Icon schmiken

Woke up in a very hot hotel room, raced my first National XC as ASN Expert at Codham Parkin Essex, got driven home and about to fasll asleep.

Also – warm and dry, if a touch muggy in Essex, nice in Loughborough too!

Premier Icon JoeG

Chainsawed some downed trees that were blocking trails in the local park.

Hangover/was driven home by my mate all the way from redcar to northants following a mates engagement party! It really is reet grim up North haha, just grey and dull everywhere. Lovely weather back home so I had a quick 10 miler on the roadie when I got home. One of the few rides I’ve done recently where I can get away without wearing overshoes or winter gloves, great stuff πŸ˜€

Took monkey jnr (and the furry fella) to Holmbury Hill whereupon he …

… ripped some singletrack …

… and indulged in a spot of racing with some “big people”

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth

Church for Mothering Sunday service with Mrs North, daughter and in-laws. Back home, packed a picnic, then went for a walk up a nearby hill with Mrs and Daughter North. Ate picnic up there and played in the trees. Called in on MIL on the way home. Argued with Mrs North and failed to help make dinner. Made up with Mrs North and hung out with her and Daughter. Now writing CV for a great job I really want….

spent all day retouching/focus stacking images of €250k wristwatches i shot in Geneva last week (with one eye on another monitor watching Gent-Wevelglem) the joys of being a freelancer and deadlines

Premier Icon MrOvershoot

Spacemonkey, you win!

That 1st picture is 11/10 Awesome πŸ˜€

Premier Icon JoeG

That 1st picture is 11/10 Awesome

He has that look on his face because he has just run over (and tasted) his first dog turd ala trail! πŸ˜€

Premier Icon eddiebaby

You always remember your first…

Cheers MrOvershoot πŸ™‚ He really loves being out on his bike!

Re trail poo, I do indeed remember my first – hacking through one of the many sheeps fields along the SDW.

Premier Icon martinhutch

30-odd miles testing the dryness of some traditionally sloppy Dales trails. They were indeed quite sloppy.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer

Frankenstein’s Castle (again)

and “what tyres for an earthquake?

Took the new bird out on an MTB ride she wasn’t keen at all but after some encouragment there appeared a wee smile and then when we got back to the town, despite the lure of beer she says “Can we do that again?” Quite successful weekend, I’d say!

Premier Icon miketually

From yesterday’s ride, playing in the woods on my bike:

Spent 6.5 hours on Saturday walking the Creag Meagaidh circuit in near white out conditions…

So Sunday was well spent on the cinema sofa (Dallas Buyers Club), swimming pool, sauna, walk on the beach and full roast dinner.

Top weekend πŸ˜€

Premier Icon DezB

Surroundedbyhills with “bird”

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘So what did you get up to today?’ is closed to new replies.