• This topic has 63 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • So what did you get up to today?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

As the weather was indeed glorious and so no chance of me going for a ride, being that we run a democratic house…

Llangollen Aquaduct (which wife and both daughters simply refused to walk over, ****) followed by Valle Crucis Abbey then a picnic at the top of the Horseshoe Pass.

warton
    Free Member

killhope grimpeur audax. all in all 91 miles of wet foggy grey hilly torture…

D0NK

Mums day innit, my wife, my mum and mum in law to keep happy, I noticed the minute we finished duties it started raining and is forecast for the next few days, bleeding typical. Grrr.

footflaps

Llangollen Aquaduct

Always wanted to visit that.

Drac

Bloody miserable foggy day.

Went to visit me Ma, fixed Sim 3 for my eldest and installed Minecraft on the PS3 for her. Played a bit on my shiny new toy, PS4, walked the dog and now going to chill as did another 14 hour shift last night got home as the clock were about to jump forward.

mightymule
    Free Member

Sat feeling confused about what time it was.

monkeyboyjc

Made breakfast with daughter for the wife.
    spent the morning taking the cat to the vets whilst the wife and daughter ‘spent some quality time together – wife in bed and daughter in room.
    took wife and daughter out for lunch
    then to a garden center
    and then to our allotment.

But did squeeze in enough me time to build this:

just need to spend some time ‘refining’ it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mothers day, so no chance of a ride. Lovely afternoon, so post lunch, I undertook a couple of post winter jobs on the bike. Replaced shifter cables & outers and then flushed and regreased the BB.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

F1 then pressure wash the patio. The stuff onto eBay. But THEN bicycling!

hairyscary

Broke my bike for the third ride on the trot. 😕

joat

Out at 7.30 (the old 6.30) on the roadie for 40 miles, prepared and cooked roast beef dinner for remaining parents. Tired and slightly drunk now, and about to veg out in front of the TV now they’ve gone home.

Bregante

I spent what seemed like an age getting the kids ready to go and see my mum, who lives 20 miles away and was expecting us at 2.00pm. Her Alzheimer’s must have kicked in though cos the dozy sod turned up 20 miles away at my other brothers at that precise moment!

DezB
    Free Member

Coached a rugby session with my U11s, brilliant fun. Took the boy home to give his mother’s day presents, dog was dumped on me so went for a nice ride for an hour or so, bit muddy. Cleaned dog, cleaned single speed,
    Visit from a nice fella I used to (and will this summer!) go riding with every weekend, then fixed a new plug in my basin.
    Busy busy. TV veg out couch potato for the rest of the evening, i think

grantway
    Free Member

Me and the Mrs taken my Mum & Dad out to dinner
    Then on to a Country park to walk off the Dinner and had Tea & Coffee
    then back to my Parents and given my Mum a Bouquet of flowers and card
    then installed a new ceiling light and change a dimmer switch in my
    parents Second bedroom.

Now home with a Coffee and doing no more

stewbaccason

My birthday so got up let the dogs out sat down with the misses and the wee one and opened up a collection of presents.

Got some new bike tools I wanted and a bit of Lego. Wasn’t sure if this was for me or my boy… 😀

Headed out to Formby beach for a good long walk with the dogs.
    Folks popped round for a brew this afternoon and have now just devoured a mega Chinese takeaway and looking at slipping into a food coma on the sofa.

All in all a reasonably good day.

Harry_the_Spider

Watched my 4 year old daughter ride her “big bike” for the first time.

saxabar
    Free Member

A trip up Snowdon this morning (up and down Llanberis Path). Really warm up top and less windy than down in town. After that much wood chopping and then finishing off a book I’ve been meaning to get around to. 😀

Hohum
    Free Member

The weather was horrible today: cold and foggy with a cold wind.

I did manage to get a ride in this morning. First time this year on one of my normal routes.

Then took the wife and children out for lunch up in Perth.

So, a reasonable day overall, but I do hate easterly wind.

boxfish
    Free Member

Painted the downstairs loo.
    Went to the park for a “99”.
    Acted as a steward at the monthly “PlaySafe” around the corner (road cordoned off, kids run wild, adults eat cake).
    Cooked juicy lamb leg steaks.
    First cut of the “lawn” (moss/clover/chives/daisies etc).
    Sat down, opened a bottle of cider 8)

scotroutes

Had a ride up the hill, but the snow was a bit soft below 3,000ft and it was too windy to get much higher. Had a good ride down practicing my water-bars technique though.

mrmo
    Free Member

went out with the roadies, out through the FoD and got shelled out the back on the return from the Severn Bridge, went and rode an extra few miles. first 100miler of the year done.

benji
    Free Member

Rode with a few first timers to sherwood pines trail centre they all enjoyed themselves. Couple of tumbles from them but nothing damaged, went away keen to get fitter and go faster.

matt_outandabout

Cold and foggy day.:(
    Morning playing board games and cooking for tea; afternoon with the lads doing some bushcraft/carving/whittling in one of their mates secret camps in the local woods.

iainc

Windy cold road ride round south Lanarkshire. Road riding in a strong wind isn’t my favourite, but beats not getting out at all.

Flaperon

Went to Kiev and back. It’s cold there and everything appears to be on fire.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Up early sorted girls out with breakfast and walked dogs, primed girls with cards and pressies fir when mum wakes, left mutts in garden to sunbathe and shot off for a few laps of BikePark Wales back home popped curry on for dearest, top day.

rocketman
    Free Member

Lap of Cannock while a lot of people were still asleep followed by an extended motorbike ride to see Mum, back in time to see the In-laws and then go for a pleasant afternoon stroll in the countryside. Have just assassinated a whale-sized portion of hoisin steak and will very shortly be asleep. Night all!

jamiea
    Free Member

Had a massive Mothers Day lunch with the in-laws and then did an expensive 40k on the road bike with the father-in-law; dodging an oncoming tractor, I snagged the front tyre at the edge of a shitty Fenland road.

EDIT- Balmy and calm here in Cambridgeshire 😀

Cheers,
    Jamie

grey

Trailbuilding in Devilla forest, Fife. Two new trails and a load of other obstructions cleared.
    A good day :-).

beej

Had to be logged on to work and Facebook til about 1.30pm, answering questions from students. This was after staying up most of the night doing the same, hence wasn’t really able to do much but sleep and watch bike races this afternoon.

Some light DIY, and chips for tea (from a new chippie – very, very good chips, not a single dodgy one in there).

Rock’n’roll.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Leith Hill. Dry, very warm, and mostly sunny.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Welllllllll, woke to find F1 on the telly and sunshine blazing in the bedroom window. Now normally I don’t watch F1 but the lure of teeny engines and batteries and the sound of what’s liken to a blender and well, hey. 😆
    Then called Mummsy but she’s too busy to answer the phone, gardening Queen she is. So MrsBouy and I did a run around Greenwich Park with some of her new found cross training mates (one of those ex Military courses) and 2 hours later and we’re both dead on our feet.. Shattered we both crashed in the Park for an hour whilst half of East London padded the park out with blankets and picnics and dogs and kids playing chase me..
    Bloody lovely day 😀

D0NK

.Acted as a steward at the monthly “PlaySafe” around the corner

awesome work, just sad that you need stewards for it* 🙁

*presumably to make sure drivers don’t ignore the “no entry today” signs?

Duggan

Sunny day here but spent most of it driving to Wales and back to see my girlfriend’s parents. Got to see the sea though I suppose.

MoreCashThanDash

Lazy start to the day, did some rose pruning while father in law planted up the veg patch, my folks joined us all for lunch, not often the kids have both sets of grandparents.

Jnrs swimming club was cancelled at the last minute, so squeezed an hour in on the bike, mowed the bits of grass among the moss, sorted out stuff for all the packed lunches for the morning and having an early night as I was awake for a couple of hours in the night stressing about sod all

johndoh
    Free Member

Kids up and fed, pottered around slowly preparing breakfast in bed for my wife whilst watching the F1. Did the BIB then lefty wife with the kids so I could rip a shed down. This afternoon we made Easter Bonnets for school then I cooked chicken fried rice for a family dinner.

Given the wife free rein on the TV (so it’s rubbish) so wasting time on here.

wiggles
    Free Member

Rode to work in the sunshine…

Then had a fairly quiet day so cleaned and fettled with my bike and “tested” a trade in bike riding it outside in the sunshine

bearnecessities

Moved into my first house.

Despite no heating at present, minimal lighting/power and a dust/tools/belongings everywhere, it’s mine, and nicer than anyone in my position could ever wish for.

Feeling very lucky, and cold.

miketually
    Free Member

Marked some ICT coursework, had Sunday dinner, marked some more ICT coursework, quick local ride, marked some physics test papers.

grum
    Free Member

30k/1300m climbing round the Hope Valley in the Peak District. Lovely day and company plus some nice riding.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘So what did you get up to today?’ is closed to new replies.