Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • So what are you married lot planning on spending your tax break on?
  • binners

It’s refreshing to see your moral superiority over living-in-sin scumbags like me finally financially recognised by the tax system. I certainly hope you’ll be expressing your gratitude to Dave at the ballot box 😉

So… What are you treating yourself to then?

Jamie
    Free Member

A divorce.

khani
    Free Member

A mistress…

samuri
    Free Member

But if we earn more than £65k we don’t get one!

ratherbeintobago

Even if you do get it, it’s a generous £3.85/wk.

ElShalimo

Pork scratchings

bigbloke
    Free Member

A back alley knee trembler….

leffeboy

More grass seed to throw over my neighbours fence

bikebouy
    Free Member

KFC.

And we’re veggies.. 😆

stumpyjon

Unless one of you isn’t working or isn’t using your full tax free allowance there is no benefit to this and once again hard working (IMHO) higher rate payers are excluded. The whole thing smacks of a cheap stunt to match labours fuel cap and the lib dems free school meals give aways. For that reason I’m out.

totalshell

1950’s politics.. no recognition of modern lifestyles.

big tory supporter but let down by the inability to do things that need doing.. eg boundary reorganisation to reduce number of mp’s and giving millionaires tax breaks..

yunki
    Free Member

Coke and hookers

sweepy
    Free Member

Whats a wedding cost? Ten grand? No-one’s going to be in profit on that deal.

ninfan
    Free Member

Royal mail shares 😈

Inbred456
    Free Member

Why not join us Binners, its only a piece of paper after all, apart from the cost of the thing. Just think what we have put back into the economy, never mind help to buy what about help to marry!

ratherbeintobago

Whats a wedding cost? Ten grand? No-one’s going to be in profit on that deal.

£45

psling
    Free Member

A new patio…

stumpy01

I’m gonna stand outside the local school and donate it to the X5 driving parents to ensure their offspring get at least one nutritious meal a day. Otherwise they might have to give up their skiing holiday.

franksinatra

I’ll give it to my recently widowed friend who isn’t worthy enough to get it.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Subscription to a bike magazine/lottery ticket.

Wait I’m not married.

Yippee! Freedom and just date a new lady every 3 months and you don’t get bored.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

ninfan 😀

deluded
    Free Member

Is this derisory amount meant to incentivise marriage?

Do polygynous households get even more of a tax break? Clearly I need to start my own harem.

caspian
    Free Member

Most other developed countries allow single-income households to spread their income across both husband and wife, therefore reducing the tax bill significantly.

France and USA for example:
    – Husband and wife earn 30k each.
    – Husband earns 60k and wife nothing.
    Tax bill is identical in both scenarios.

Ooh, 200 quid, great!

richmars

I just don’t know which bribe to go for.
    There’s only one answer:Fight!

rogg
    Free Member

Bananas and blow.

RichPenny
    Free Member

One new rampant rabbit per quarter.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is this derisory amount meant to incentivise marriage?

I think it’s meant to somehow placate the blue rinse brigade down your local Conservative Club.

andypaul99
    Free Member

a weeks food shopping

RichPenny
    Free Member

and once again hard working (IMHO) higher rate payers are excluded.

Don’t worry, lazy higher rate payers are also excluded. Does this placate you?

Daffy

VAT and Fuel Duty.

kevj
    Free Member

Unfortunately, our lass recently burnedher fanjio, so I’m buying creams and lube with my tax bonanza.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Wife and I are both nurses. So without even thinking about pension contributions and retirement age, our £3.85 pw tax break will go a tiny fraction of the distance towards offsetting the real term losses of our pay freeze of the last 4 financial years. Cheers Dave. 👿

pitcherpro
    Free Member

+1 for a divorce

hillsplease

Tyres and brake pads. Stilton at Christmas.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

A short break in France during the next general election.

nealglover
    Free Member

Wife and I are both nurses. So without even thinking about pension contributions and retirement age, our £3.85 pw tax break will go a tiny fraction of the distance towards offsetting the real term losses of our pay freeze of the last 4 financial years. Cheers Dave.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are both working and using your tax free allowance, you aren’t getting a Tax Break anyway.
    So it doesn’t really matter that’s its small.

lunge

Wine probably. In fact yes, my local wine merchant will be in receipt of it I think. A nice chateau Neuf du Pape and perhaps a bottle of Pol Roger. That should spend most of the money I think.

br
    Free Member

Most other developed countries allow single-income households to spread their income across both husband and wife, therefore reducing the tax bill significantly.

Yep, the UK use to work like that too. Wasn’t it something the Tories under Thatcher/Major changed?

compositepro
    Free Member

Make it 10 grand and folks would be shacking up as fast as humanly possible in fact i dare say folks would be flying into the country to tie the knot holy shit 1k and a passport….

pdw
    Free Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are both working and using your tax free allowance, you aren’t getting a Tax Break anyway.

My understanding was that it was an *extra* £1,000 that you could add to either partner’s tax free allowance, provided that you were both basic rate payers.

So it doesn’t really matter that’s its small.

Quite, but because it makes your personal allowance dependent on your income, it’ll be an absolute mess to implement, like the personal allowance removal that happens at £100k.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘So what are you married lot planning on spending your tax break on?’ is closed to new replies.