Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • So what are the big honkin 29ers then?
  • z1ppy

Damn, I ‘wondered’ if they’d maybe wouldn’t sell out (no matter the reviews) & come up slightly cheaper..

If you can wait for CRC to restock the Vitus Escarpe, they only had it at full price for a couple of weeks (surprise), then had it reduced the rest of the year.. again more bike than I need but I kept looking at it 😀

z1ppy

damn too late to edit..

Seems they released it already “Vitus Bikes Escarpe 290 2014” already a £150 off @ £1440 but give it a month and it’ll drop more… wider rims, shimano SLX groupset (fsa cranks/deore front mech), but nastier TK forks though. Not the slackest and long chainstays though…

Why oh why have Spesh ruined the Enduro with that colour scheme?
    More bike than I’d ever need, but I keep looking at them… local demo on in March, I’m looking to try it anyways!

Maybe something to do with the fact that the nice looking one is £4600 carbon (Expert????) and the one with the gash colour scheme is the Comp?

divenwob
    Free Member

Haggle on an Enduro.The carbon Camber has been rated elsewhere.

Northwind

Oh, incidentally there’s a “limited edition” Enduro comp that is MURDERED OUT with red details, presumably to suggest bloodstains.

Think if I was buying a new bike as a package it pretty much comes down to the Cube Stereo Race vs the Enduro Comp- Cube has the Enduro beat pretty squarely on spec but the Enduro is obviously the biggest and the honkingest.

toons
    Free Member

I would put the cube in the same category as the stumpy evo not Enduro.

butterbean
    Free Member

Haggle on an Enduro.

Good luck with that. Considering the lack of availability.

sumomatt
    Free Member

Serious bargain

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1861/a80507/cube-stereo-super-hpc-140-race-29-blackline.html?lg=en&country=226&cr=GBP#

For a LT full carbon 29er !!

Only needs a dropper….

Takes some beating IMHO

divenwob
    Free Member

Butterbean, how many independent shops are going to sell lots of Expert carbon 29? It does not hurt to try,the one I rode last week was a lot under the rrp.

trusty

I’ve got a Stumpy evo comp 29er with some upgrades (Pikes, 1×10, stronger wheels)and it’s a cracking bike (and still much, much cheaper than the carbon comp). I like how it looks as well 😉

The shop demo Enduro comp is all black from memory, so none of the blue bits. Maybe see if a dealer will part with one? I managed to get a bit of a deal on mine as well, so it is worth asking.

butterbean
    Free Member

Butterbean, how many independent shops are going to sell lots of Expert carbon 29? It does not hurt to try,the one I rode last week was a lot under the rrp.

Very few, as it’s not really a target bike for your average IBD. Specialized have brought just a handfull of the Enduro 29″ into the UK, and the drops have been staggered throughout the year. Most of those are in the SCS outlets.

All it takes is some unexpected/unplanned good press & it throws a big spanner in the lead times. People have orders in, waiting literally for months, for bikes to show up. If there are shops discounting those particular key lines, it just sums up the stupidity of some IBD’s.

That doesn’t apply to demo bikes generally, shops tend to do as they please, and there are no trading restrictions imposed.

divenwob
    Free Member

The bike in question was due to be delivered late this month but was purchased before xmas and delivered earlier last month,no idea how but all above board through an established lbs,result.So best to “price fix” and let a deal walk eh? Are you self employed?

Northwind

toons – Member

I would put the cube in the same category as the stumpy evo not Enduro

The Stumpy Evo would be in the list too, if it wasn’t so hideous. I’ve owned more than my share of ugly-shovelled bikes!

@sumomatt, spotted that but the economics work out messy once I remove all the stuff I don’t like, which is almost everything.

toons
    Free Member

what about the 2014 niner wfo 9?

Northwind

Ooh. OOOOH. Doesn’t seem to exist in the wild but that’s one for the list if only the wishlist

the_lecht_rocks

Love the stiffness of my nicolai on derby rims

IMAG0406 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr

toons
    Free Member

Stif has a niner wfo, checkout their Instagram, it looks shit hot

t_l_r is the ha steeper than the sa on that Nic?

toons
    Free Member

luke1688

Looks like a weapon- it will take up to 170mm forks I read. Don’t even know if I’ve seen a 170mm 29er fork?

messiah
    Free Member

WFO Gnar…

Love it 😈

_tom_
    Free Member

I think they mostly look a bit crap and awkward but I do like the looks of the 2souls Quarterhorse. The new Stanton one looks great as well, probably the nicest one I’ve seen.

ahwiles
    Free Member

my Horsethief just arrived. Holy balls* it’s a lot of bike for £1150.

(even allowing for new stem/bars/saddle/tyres)

32lbs out of the box (after a quick fumbly build)

(*TM Northwind)

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘So what are the big honkin 29ers then?’ is closed to new replies.