So very very very OT: MG Midget

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale So very very very OT: MG Midget

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • So very very very OT: MG Midget

• Very well maintained and reliable MG Midget, so good that for quite long periods it was my only car! Fully restored (rebuilt?) on a heritage body and chassis by it’s previous owner then owned by us for the last 6 years. Lots of history, photos and receipts.

Comes with a soft top, tonneau, cover for soft top when folded, and hard top. The first 3 are in excellent, almost as new condition, the hard top is OK, it could do with a polish and new rubber trim fitting.

Restored in the mid 90’s with:

*Heritage Shell and body panels (waxoild and well cared for, no rust underneath)

*Engine restored

*Gearbox restored

*stainless exhaust

*interior trim

*an A4 ringbinder of photos and receipts of the whole process, no room to list absolutely everything that was replaced!

Owned by us for the last 6 years, in that time we’ve replaced in chronological order:

*tyres (still around 75% life left)

*prop shaft

*alternator

*fuel pump

*wheel bearings

*brake pads, shoes and disks (drums were fine)

*rear brake cylinders

*flexible brake hoses (replaced with braided versions)

*clutch and slave cylinder

*carburetor minor rebuild (floats and jets)

*battery

*distributor (accuspark magnetic points)

*HT leads

*Accuspark high performance ignition coil.

+other consumables

Regularly serviced with new oil and filter each year, last done summer 2013, almost no miles since, just to and from it’s MOT and up and down the road to keep it charged up.

Unfortunately water got to the 2nd folder of receipts (but not the car!), but you can see most of it is new-ish when viewing.

Currently stored in my parents garage as I’ve no room for it anymore, hence sale.

MOT’d until June, currently SORN but can be driven on private roads if viewed at a quiet time of day.

More photos, (including the underneath proving the claims of no rust!) available by e-mail.

Go on then send me some pics and tell me the price! I believe this is the one I saw leaving a certain gorrick event a few years back now, with a bike protruding from it! It does have drain holes in the floor doesn’t it?!

Knew I’d missed something!

£4000, currently in my parents garage in Derby, but I can bring it down sometime if I clear everything else out mine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘So very very very OT: MG Midget’ is closed to new replies.