Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • So those on-one Titus frames…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Any good, prices aren’t bad.

Anyone know what the el gaupo frame with ccdb will cost?

dougieb
    Free Member

Yes – they are offering them at £799 with an air CCDB 😯

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Bet we will see several shockless el guapo frames on ebay soon!

ahwiles
    Free Member

any good? – yes.

for the money on-one are asking they’re chuffing ace.

stevede
    Free Member

These and the megas are amazing value at the moment, ccdb air alone is about £500 on the el guapo.

mildred

Titus are great frames; they were very much a boutique brand and their product hasn’t changed since On One have taken over. My SuperMoto was a fantastic handling bike, possibly the best 4-bar I’ve ridden. That El Guapo is a genuine bargain.

brant
    Free Member

Same factory. Same materials. Same linkages and bearings.
    I twiddled the ride geometry a little but that’s it.

vondally
    Free Member

as mildred ex supermoto owned, a beast of a bike but great climber and great suspension…..paint was chippable but just a great designed bike.

El Gap have they/on one slackened the head angle and steepened the seat tube?

joelm76
    Free Member

Brant – will full builds with CCDB be available?

higgo
    Free Member

Anyone know what the ‘Super Raw’ finish looks like?
    Shiny silver or more matt/grey?
    Pics would be good.

johnnystorm

I’m hoping the Super Raw looks like the Scandal with laser’d logos….

/like the missus will let me buy one 🙄

porter_jamie

can anyone tell me what the i2i and stroke of a shock for a titus frame is please?

brant
    Free Member

215×63

porter_jamie

ooh, same as my heckler, might be a cheap way of getting a ccdb…

edit, then again, i should probably just flog the heckler!

mildred

as mildred ex supermoto owned, a beast of a bike but great climber and great suspension…..paint was chippable but just a great designed bike.
    El Gap have they/on one slackened the head angle and steepened the seat tube?

According to the website yes. Top tube is longer, head angle is 67 degrees, seat tube is 72.5 degrees and BB height is 5mm lower.

Brant, I can see that the website says optimum fork length is 150/160mm, but would it take up to 180mm? I ask because I’ve got some particularly nice marzocchi 66 rc3ti that I’d like to keep.

AlexSimon

That’s just bonkers cheap.
    Shows you how much margin there is in all the other US owned Taiwanese built frames.

brant
    Free Member

Brant, I can see that the website says optimum fork length is 150/160mm, but would it take up to 180mm? I ask because I’ve got some particularly nice marzocchi 66 rc3ti that I’d like to keep.

Ed’s running 170’s with a slackset. 180’s would be OK but try and get an internal lower cup to keep it sensible?

brant
    Free Member

That’s just bonkers cheap.
    Shows you how much margin there is in all the other US owned Taiwanese built frames.

The El Guapo’s are also one of the more expensive Taiwanese frames I’ve done. More than, well, other frames, eh.

The superplastic forming on the top tube and back end adds $$$ but works so nicely.

AlexSimon

The difficulty is getting to ride one. I’ve not got on well with specialized 4-bars in the past, but people’s views of the Cotic Rocket and this seem to suggest they aren’t in the same bracket as Specialized.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i need one of these. so i’m gonna get one. might be a while before i can afford to build it though! ha.

brant
    Free Member

Some of the other colour options (sort of) here – http://www.shedfire.com/2012/04/27/nearly-ready-el-g-mk-x/

mildred

I’ve not ridden an elGuapo but my SuperMoto was fantastic. Up until owning that I’d stayed away from 4-bar bikes because whenever I rode any specialized and a mates 5 spot they felt horrible – mushy, energy sapping, unstable around the sag point, and just dead.

I’d always had single pivot bikes (mostly Orange & Cannondale), and loved the lively feel, instant feedback & their ability to somehow gain speed through rolling singletrack.

The best analogy I can come up with is that the SuMo felt just like this but without the locking up over braking bumps, great traction on technical climbs etc. I’ve no idea why but guess it must be pivot placement that influences this. To me they’re the manufacturer that showed me how a good 4-bar should feel.

flyingmonkeycorps

The Rocket’s not a four bar is it? The Hemlock was, but the Rocket is a linkage actuated single pivot, I think.

dropoff

Just be aware that although these are great value, if you have any problems they can take a long long time to resolve 🙁

clydebuilt
    Free Member

Just for balance dropoff, I had a problem that was resolved in a reasonable and timely manner…

dropoff

And I’m very pleased for you 🙂

chillidave
    Free Member

I was tempted before, having seen those pictures of those new colours both the raw and white look lovely. Now which would go best with a set of grey fox 36s?

kevin1911

Oooh, that raw finish looks beautiful.

Bernaard
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up a used FTM in burnt orange
    I was heading down th Yeti route again but was swayed towards this
    Looks lovely in the flesh with the anodised finish and am expecting a coupl of hours in the man cave tonight spannering

kevin1911

Anyone got a view as to how the El Gaupo compares to a Lapierre Spicy in terms of ride?

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Anyone know if they have plans to offer the carbon FTM with an upgraded shock

ash.addy
    Free Member

That raw frame looks spot on ……..I don’t need one……I don’t need one……I don’t need one……I don’t need one……I don’t need one……I don’t need one……I want one…….

brant
    Free Member

Anyone know if they have plans to offer the carbon FTM with an upgraded shock

There are no plans to do so.

DT78
    Free Member

How does sizing pan out? I’m normally bang in the middle of med / large at just under 6 foot. Normally ride an 18 / 19″ hardtail

Bernaard
    Free Member

My FTM is a medium, which has a 19″ centre to top seat tube and a 22 1/2″ top tube.
    With a 80mm stem and 750mm bars it fits me a treat at 6’2″ with a 31″ inside leg.

Kato

That’s handsome Bernaard

Alex

Mate has one a year or so old. Look fab. Top Tubes a bit short for me sadly. Awesome value tho!

noskills
    Free Member

I have an x-carbon at sub 24lb which is an amazing trail bike with 120’s. Very interested to know when the EG 29er is going to be available (Brant?) it looks like it will build into a bit of a weapon and if priced similarly to the 26 frame will be extremely popular.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the top tube “titus” logo needs to curve to follow the top tube, looks like a cheap ebay sticker kit has been put on an otherwise nice frame. IMHO etc, but seems a very cheap and minor detail to spoil something with.

The raw looks terrific, the CCDBair deal is insane. 22.5″ TT on a 19″ ?! wow that it short, makes a Santa cruz look long (my Nomad was 22.5″ on a 17″, current Alpine 160 is 22.5″ on a 16″).

brant
    Free Member

Not sure where you’re getting your numbers from:-

Geometry:
    TT: 575mm (S), 595mm (M), 615mm (L)
    ST: 425mm (S), 457mm (M), 493mm (L)

So Medium = 457mm seat tube, which is an 18in seat tube, with 23.43in top tube.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘So those on-one Titus frames…’ is closed to new replies.