Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • So, this mammoth…
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

What’s your opinion?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/09/woolly-mammoth-videotaped-in-siberia_n_1265517.html
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ye4jzSLX0mI[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

‘s a baby robin, innit?

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’ve filed it in the same bin as Loch Ness Monster, Yeti, Bigfoot and Aliens

MSP

Its bloody obviously a walrus riding a horse!

philconsequence
    Free Member

its TSY doing aquarobics

landcruiser
    Free Member

Easy ! Bear disguised as an elephant, quite common during the bear hunting season I believe !

rkk01
    Free Member

Possible hoaxes aside, talk recently about genetically re-engineering the wooly mammoth…

… just think of the T-Bones on that thing 😛

highclimber
    Free Member

it’s quite obvious it’s in siberia as it seems to be wearing one of those russian furry hats!

Most definitively a Bear with a fish!

mintimperial

You’d really think that cyptozoologists, UFO spotters, ghost-hunters and the like would have figured out how to focus their cameras by now…

rkk01
    Free Member

Looking at the video, not too sure what that is..

First thought (even before seeing the caption) was Hah its a bear.

But it’s an odd vid clip. The animal appears very “static” even when moving – ie not a lot of movement to the body linked to the forward gait. Bears tend to roll at the shoulders / hips?

Also re the shoulders – seem to be very far forward and slope right in to the highly / steeply inclined neck. (Brown) bears tend to have a pronounced shoulder hump. Could be becasue it is carrying something (fish) held high away from the water?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Most definitively a Bear with a fish!

In fact I’d go as far to say its a an old vhs copy of a John West advert.

Keva
    Free Member

auto focus is pretty good these days, how is it possible to take such blurry pictures?

Kev

philconsequence
    Free Member

vaseline on the lens

scaredypants

Maybe it’s the lost pantomime horse from the legendary 1952 “Puss in Boots on Horseback” at Cleckheaton Working Mens’ Club ? Thunderstorm caused many of the animal cast to bolt and the horse was never recovered.

Keva
    Free Member

yup, or a brand new camera and they forgot to remove the plastic protector cover ?

Kev

coffeeking
    Free Member

I could forgive the dodgy focus – this is the middle of the siberian wilderness – you’re never sure if your camera is not going to be damp/functioning properly. As mentioned above the gait is a bit elephant-like but the bottom of the body of “it” seems to get a bit misty as it reaches the water, which is odd.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Looks like a girl I used to know.

yunki
    Free Member

the water doesn’t flow around it very convincingly.. and it’s definitely a Capybara with a hoover attachment.. or a bad Snuffleupagus impersonator..

fourbanger
    Free Member

If only they’d kept filming for another 10 seconds so we could see it coming out of the water….

Keva
    Free Member

where have all the others been hiding for the last ten thousand years ?

Kev

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    Looks like a girl I used to know.

Biblically?

scaredypants

If only they’d kept filming for another 10 seconds so we could see it coming out of the water….

to be fair, if it was a snuffleupagus I wouldn’t fancy being on the same riverbank – looks like it’s got quite an amorous nature

woody2000

Where do old Russian presidents go when their carrer in office is over?

coffeeking
    Free Member

😀 I love the idea of old russian greats roaming the great siberian wastelands.

wrecker
    Free Member

I so want that mammoth to be real.

organic355
    Free Member

its a bear on a horse.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Looks like a groundhog to me…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘So, this mammoth…’ is closed to new replies.