Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • So, this evenings footie match…
  • Premier Icon barca
    Free Member

I can’t decide if I should be hoping for a Man Utd win as they are, as am I, English or if I should be hoping for a Barca win as I cannot abide Ronaldo and Ferguson. I appreciate the football played by the team as a whole and really do respect some of the united players but those two? I could happily see them eradicated from the planet.
    It’s a tough call this one. In the interests of being able to shout and rant at the telly, I have to choose one team.
    Which team are you lot (who are watching it) going for?
    ps. my nickname is from school days not due to my allegiance to the team.
    I’m a Man City season ticket holder but am also a non bitter blue.

Premier Icon trailmonkey
    Free Member

Can’t abide Fergie or Ronaldo but have to respect their talents. I’m hoping for a Utd win.

Premier Icon mrchrispy

the weatherspoons next to the ground it starting to fill up already, i can hear the muppets singing. im going home early today before it gets mental round here.

Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

As a bitter, jealous Liverpool fan, it’s a no brainer…

Premier Icon Leku
    Free Member

As another bitter, jealous Liverpool fan, it’s a no brainer…

VAMANOS BARCA!!!!!

Premier Icon barca
    Free Member

I heard Ferguson claiming they will be the first team to win it back to back.

AARRGGHH!!! You haven’t won it yet and Liverppol and Forest have won it back to back already. It’s changed its name but it’s the same competition you (exceptionally good football manager) plank!

Premier Icon jimmy

I’d probably support Utd as they’re British (of sorts). But if they lost I’d care for all of a split second after the whistle. I’d rather either team win and it was an interesting match, (like Liverpool vs Milan 2005/6?) than Utd win it 1-0 scoring after 10 mins.

As long as Everton win on Saturday, I couldn’t give a monkeys tbh.

Premier Icon terrahawk

Fergie and Ronaldo. What’s not to like?

Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

Premier Icon trailmonkey
    Free Member

Fergie and Ronaldo. What’s not to like?

Where to start ?

Premier Icon Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So what football match is this!? I so HATE football .. love rugby though! luckily Mr MC hates football too … bonus!

Premier Icon gonefishin
    Free Member

AARRGGHH!!! You haven’t won it yet and Liverppol and Forest have won it back to back already. It’s changed its name but it’s the same competition you (exceptionally good football manager) plank!

Well I’m no football fan but even I know that isn’t true. For one thing there are more than just domestic champions involved and it isn’t a straight knock out tournament so in the event that they do win they would become the first team to retain the “Champions League”

Personally I’m just glad that after tonight there won’t be as much football on the TV for a few weeks.

Premier Icon barca
    Free Member

It’s the same tournament just a different name ergo, they won’t be the first team IF they win. I’m beggining to lean toward my namesakes to be honest.

Premier Icon gonefishin
    Free Member

It’s the same tournament just a different name

Yes it’s the same tournament, except for the fact that the qualification criteria is different as is the entire structure of the competition. That’s a rather broad definition of the phrase “the same”.

Premier Icon barca
    Free Member

He still bugged me 🙂

Premier Icon hora
    Free Member

Nothing for or against Man Utd- feel nothing when I see them play/score so I’ll probably root for Barcelona as I did admire TH’s playing ability whilst at Arsenal…and it feels like your supporting an ‘exotic away-team’ (like in the World cup)- if that makes sense?!

Premier Icon mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am leaning towards wanting Manyuu to win, but if Barca are playing the better football I will start to root for them.

Just looking forward to what should be an amazing game of footie.

Premier Icon MrSparkle
    Free Member

Premier Icon trailmonkey
    Free Member

All this Catalan love is speaking volumes about peoples own feelings of inadequacy 😉

Premier Icon mike_check
    Free Member

gonefishin – Member
    Yes it’s the same tournament, except for the fact that the qualification criteria is different as is the entire structure of the competition. That’s a rather broad definition of the phrase “the same”.

It evolved, it is the same tournament, hence the record book regarding the tournament is still going. Which is why when we won it for the fifth time we got to keep the trophy!

Premier Icon Mackem
    Free Member

Come on utd. Barca have already won the league and the cup (sob) I wouldnt be able stand the tv wankfest if they won the euro too.

Premier Icon nickc

I’m loving the way Fergie is saying in Interviews that he wants “To become a great Champions League team, like others…” He can’t quite bring himself to say Liverpool…

Dunno who to support, just hope it’s a decent game

Premier Icon steve_b77
    Free Member

Barca,

It’s not the same competition as the old style European Cup, in the new format you’ve got to win through two group stages, then 3 straight knock out stages before you get to the final.

Arguably as there are more teams involved this will make it far harder to actually win the competition, let alon progress at any one stage.

There’s no taking it away from Liverpool in the 70’s / 80’s they were great, however it’s no someone elses turn.

I don’t recall Liverpool or indeed any other British Side having any more than one champions league trophy, they do have European Cups.

What I struggle to believe is that British People would rather a team from another country win the most prestigious club tournament in Eurpoe, even as a life long Man Utd fan, I wanted Liverpool to beat Milan, purely because they are an English side and that’s got to be beter than any European Team winning.

Premier Icon mike_check
    Free Member

It is still the European Cup, f’k sky sports and their need to brand everything the super-duper-totally-spectacular-roll-up-roll-up cup. It is the European Cup and it will remain the European Cup, and you are right that no-one can take away what was acheived in the 70’s/80’s etc, they can’t, because it is written in the record books, the very record books which are still on going and have never been closed!

Premier Icon mike_check
    Free Member

Who cares about British People? What about people who love world football and have a greater respect for Barcelona than they could ever have for Manchester United? I care more about the sport than the geographical location of those playing.

Premier Icon barca
    Free Member

If it was Man Utd without Ferguson and Ronaldo though steve_b77, I wouldn’t hesitate in backing them lot in Salford.

What time is kick off? I have to go to the Triffid Centre straight out of work at 6:00pm. That’s another world of pain. A Pauls Boutique hoody for an 11 year old – £65!!! Christ on a bike! It needs changing as she’s bought the wrong size. For that much money, I think they should come and collect it and deliver the correct one.

Premier Icon roper
    Free Member

CAMPEONES! CAMPEONES!
    OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ

Premier Icon allyharp

I’d like a united win but not all that bothered either way. Just want to see lots of goals and a good match

Premier Icon Philby

They say try everything once, so the only time in my life when I wanted Man Utd to win was their victory over Bayern Munich.

So having got that experience out of the way, I’m going to support Barcelona!

Whatever the result I do hope its a great entertaining final!

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Free Member

Sorry to go off the subjest abit, in the hairdressers last week I saw this dreadful picture of Ronaldo’s Mum wearing some gear from his new fashion designer range. She’s about 56 and a large lady, it truely wasn’t a good advertisment. Can anyone find the picture, she’s wearing some sort of top and shorts combination, which is more suited to a 15 year old girl?

Premier Icon eckinspain
    Free Member

Living in Madrid makes it fairly easy – UNITED! UNITED!

Premier Icon Hairychested
    Free Member

I sort of second Steve B77, you Brits are weird. I wish MU all the best but if it was L’pool or Arsenal I’d be supporting them for those 90+ minutes.

Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

Bunnyhop; were it this one:

I see your point; if my mum went out dressed like that, I’d disown her!

Premier Icon chela
    Free Member

Jesuz. You can see where Cristiano got his good looks and sculpted bod from

Premier Icon RudeBoy
    Free Member

Actually, I might get a dirty doner kebab in..

Premier Icon johnhoo
    Free Member

as a sad Leeds fan…

c’mon Barca!

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Free Member

Yes Fred, that’s the pic. Stunning 😕

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘So, this evenings footie match…’ is closed to new replies.