Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • So thiis recession thing, when’s it gonna end?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Am working in Surrey at the moment, but would really like to go home, especially as the wife is pregnant again and is due in october. Cannot go back until the economy starts moving again and companies start hiring. I am a little concerned as we really do need to be back by october….

Anyone have any ideas when things will start looking up?

billybob
    Free Member

tomorrow.

jonb
    Free Member

Not before October.

There are jobs available now, it’s just that the companies recruiting are looking to fill specific gaps in skills. So It would still be worth looking.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

1st October 2010, that is when I am mortgage free: instant pay rise 😆

jam-bo

Hasn’t really started for me yet

0091paddy
    Free Member

It’s forecast into 2013.

jam-bo

Seeing as how ‘they’ didn’t forecast it starting, I’m not gonna believe any forecasts of when it will end.

Had a couple of slower months at work but picked up markedly in the last couple of weeks

MrNutt
    Free Member

never, they never end or start, the media finds something else to shit on about and people forget that they’ve been told not to spend money and then before you know it interest rates start going up again and then people start buying mortgages because they are scared the **** interest rate is going up next week and the whole shitstorm starts again.

give it eight months until the **** (banks) start chucking food in the pond and the whole greed cycle will be complete again!

Andy

MrNutt – you are not talking bollocks there!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They do end and start. Theres a very clear definition of what a recession is. The thing that makes this particular one different to others like the dot com bubble is that pretty much the whole developed world is in recession at the same time.

The company i work for is on the verge of going bust, income has halved and still the same costs. Its not all bad though, there are jobs out there – i’ve just been offered one! So i’d so just keep applying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘So thiis recession thing, when’s it gonna end?’ is closed to new replies.