Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • So these half-price Schwalbe tyres from On One…
  • kaysee

‘Available 10th Jan’

What do you reckon the chances are? Pre-ordered a pair, and need to give the bike some attention in the next day or so. Will I be fitting new tyres at the same time?

Anyone heard anything about delivery dates yet?

Fingers crossed!

iain1775
    Free Member

so you pre-order some tyres that the vendor quite clearly states on their website
    “The tyres are on their way from Germany and are due to arrive 10th January”

It gets to the 10th january and you expect them to be with you the next day ‘or so’, despite there probably being a large number of people that pre-ordered and therefore a large number of orders to be picked and sent out

I would say chances are you will be fitting the tyres after you do the rest of your work, but you cant really blame On One, Royal Mail, or the German postal equivalent as it was clearly stated that the earliest possible date for them to be in One Ones warehouse (not your house) was today!

radoggair
    Free Member

ouch !!!

kaysee

I’m not complaining about them not being here yet – I fully understand that they’re due at the warehouse today. I’m just curious if they will be arriving there today or not, or if the container ship has been hijacked, the container washed overboard, or the UPS train is stuck in snow somewhere.. I’m in no rush, other than the ‘I want my new stuff’ reflex has kicked in.

In fact, I may go and poke last nights mud off the bike now, and get it a bit cleaner for a tyre fitting session later in the week.

pixelmix
    Free Member

For what it is worth, I have an email this morning from the friendly chaps at On-One (we were exchanging emails to get an order sorted which I couldn’t process the normal way online) saying that my order will be “fulfilled later this week once the tyres are booked in”.

That could be taken to mean that the tyres have arrived and just need to be “booked in”. Read into that what you will. HTH.

Clobber
    Free Member

Just remember that they are the old orc compounds rather than the new evo triple nano jobbies as the website originally said.

peakprowler
    Free Member

Say’s who??? Still says triple Nano compound here ….. http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYSCNICEVOSS/schwalbe-nobby-nic-evo-snake-skin-folding-tyre

kaysee

Sounds good. Delivery this week would be fantastic, and I’d already ordered ORC compound versions before I saw they had EVO also on offer. No worries though, as it’s just the ‘other’ bike they’re going on.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’m quite looking forward to fitting the 2.35 inch Big Apples I ordered to my Karate Monkey but as it is still filthy from its last ride and the weather is even filthier I’m quite happy to wait.

Legoman
    Free Member

Ordered mine last Tuesday, got ’em 4 days later

Still sitting the boxes mind.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

eh are they new 2011 ones or not? Bit of con if they ain’t.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I presume they are 2010 models (I don’t think the name/specs match up with the 2011 tyre brochure thing). Not a con though, since they still seem cheaper than other places are doing the 2010 models.

iain1775
    Free Member

best be triple compound evo or they will be winging way back up m1 day after they arrive 😉

lawnmowerman
    Free Member

Might as well get the 2010 Nobby Nics here ->
    http://nextdaytyres.com/Tyres/Schwalbe/Nobby-Nic-2010.aspx

as you will know if they are really in stock or not (and you know what you are buying boxed rather than OEM stuff)?

bigjim

I dont think they are 2011, just based on the new compound acronym on the 2011 ones being different from the ones on one site.

I’m tempted to try a nobby nic, at half price its almost an acceptable amount to pay for a few hundred grams of canvas and rubber.

Clobber
    Free Member

I reckon you’ll be sending them back, my rocket ron’s were advertised as triple nano evo’s, they adjusted the website when I complained about receiving ORC’s

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Does anyone really think they’re gonna get brand new boxed 2011 stock for half price?? They’re gonna be either OEM or 2010 overstocks. Schwalbe UK haven’t even got half the tyres on that list to sell at full price to shops let alone at half price to on-one.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Sneaky. A lot of the 2011 say they are tl ready now, which enticed me

boblo
    Free Member

Got mine today, ordered last week 😉

doom_mountain

I’m expecting triple compound, that’s what I ordered and it still says so on the site.
    My first order on On-One, could be my last…..

kaysee

As long as I get a half decent pair of tyres that are lighter then my Cinders and didn’t cost too much, I don’t mind, as long as they turn up within the next week or so…. Lack of boxes would mean less for the recycling man to take away.

iain1775
    Free Member

My previous experiences with On One have been spot on so I have no reason to doubt
    It clearly lists 3 different types of Nobby Nic on the site, normal, triple compound and snakeskin sidewalls
    As for 2010/2011 OEM/boxed or not, at that price I couldnt care less. Im not putting the box on my bike am I?
    As for being in/out of stock, Im in no rush and will wait, they did say on website they didnt currently have them in and where waiting for a delivery, they also say it is overstock straight from manufacturer, on that basis I assumed it was 2010 OEM stock anyway (which can still be Nano triple compound)
    As for next day tyres then –
    1. The equivalent 2010 tyre is £35 so £13 more expensive
    2. Its out of stock anyway and diverts youi to the 2011 page which is around £45, so not such a bargain
    3. It states on the 2011 tyres page that they come unboxed

But let the doubters doubt and the slaggers slag at some point I should get a box full of cheap tyres

bigjim

Am I going to regret buying a non-snakeskin nobby nic? Don’t want to be stranded in the middle of nowhere by a torn sidewall or 200th puncture. The snakeskin is only in 2.4 sadly. Tempted to see if there usual insane price is in any way justified though…

…But I will look so cool in the glentress car park with these tyres. Must line up the labels on them with the graphics on my rims and talk loudly about them. 😛

iain1775
    Free Member

bigjim
    Ive run normal Nobby Nics and racing Ralphs through the Peaks with no real problems over and above the normal level of punctures for 4 years now

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘So these half-price Schwalbe tyres from On One…’ is closed to new replies.