Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • So these DirtWorker Things Then.
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Has anybody made their own?

Im not spending £85 on one and Ive tried to get one from Halfords but no joy. Been looking on fleabay at 12v pumps but dont really know what to look for. Found some wit a flow rate 10 times that of the dirtworker but only 1/6 the pressure but I am assuming this is directly out of the 12mm pipe and using a nossle from say a garden weed sprayer will bring the volume right down and raise the presure quite a bit. But will it be enough?

Are there any SIMPLE calculations I can do to help me work it out?

daveevs
    Free Member

I’m not really convinced you’ll manage something as good for anywhere near less than half price.

But if you wanna save money, try a caravan water pump from a breakers, similar gauge pipe (0.5″ ish?) and I have no idea what head.

Sorry to be negative, but I think my Dirtworker’s worth every penny

I_Ache
    Free Member

Found some caravan pumps on ebay for under a tenner and can do the simple wiring that these will need to run off my fag lighter and get a 25l water bottle.

I definateley want to try his but Im not 100% sure on the details and what to use as a nossle. Maybe I can just buy a karcher nossle.

gtkid
    Free Member

Myself and friends have bought three between us from halfords in the last 2-3 months, each one was £50. At that price well worth the money. One of them was marked up as £84.99 but we checked first and it scanned for £50.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Local Halfords dont have them in, would spend £50 on one.

gtkid
    Free Member

I think they can order them in for you, worth asking, but check price first!

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

I would keep checking Halfrauds.they will look at other stores if you ask them.I paid 65 for mine but there well worth the money in my opinion,and if your going to try and make one yourself remember the more powerfull your pump the more water capacity youll need.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Dont have the product code by any chance do you when i spoke to the bloke in the shop he said i would need the code.

gtkid
    Free Member

Might be on the box, I’ll have a nosey tomorrow.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

fullbouncebill – Member

I would keep checking Halfrauds.they will look at other stores if you ask them.I paid 65 for mine but there well worth the money in my opinion,and if your going to try and make one yourself remember the more powerfull your pump the more water capacity youll need.

Not true – the more flow you have the more water you need

I_Ache
    Free Member

Shirley the more powerful the pump the more flow it provides?

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

“Not true – the more flow you have the more water you need”

eh!… samething?

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

[/quote]“Surely the more powerful the pump the more flow it provides?”

exactly,I think this is the balance dirtworker have acheived,between current draw,tank capacity,pump/motor output/trigger/nozzle/pipe dia/etc etc.

Taking these in to account and the performance it gives, makes it a worthwhile purchase imho.

mine gets used three times a week and has been 100% reliable so far. (one and a half years old)

gtkid
    Free Member

Item code from Halfords is 430991.

atlaz
    Free Member

I got mine in my local Halfords yesterday. 25 quid. Seemed fair.

I_Ache
    Free Member

gtkid Great thanks I will look tomorrow.

atlaz I am really hoping to get one for that.

trickydisco
    Free Member

got mine in Bristol this week (last one in the whole of brizzle apparently). They had to check it by the code (none of the 4 staff i spoke to hadn’t a clue what it was or even heard of a ’12v’ pressure washer.

The manager had to search in the back room for 15 minutes to find it!

£24.87 thankyou very much

Rich
    Free Member

£25 is a good price!

I found this on the Halfords website, never tried it though.

*Click ‘this’ above.

neilb67
    Free Member

I_Ache, got mine yesterday. I found one at Perry Bar, when I got there they couldn’t find it. But did a search for me and found one at Wolverhampton. Got there and found out one part was missing so they let me have it for £5….

Theres 5 at Southampton apparently… 😉

spooky_b329

I’ve got the Inovex Smartwash Rich has linked to…bargain at £15. I paid £25 and that was half price.

You just pull the pump out of the open top blue bin, and stick it in a £12 caravan water container…I had to file the opening slightly as the pump was a snug fit.

Has more flow but less pressure than the dirtworker, so you need a large water container, think mine is 25L…that will do four bikes if you are careful. Need to use it with a wheel brush or similar to get any heavy mud off.

I would link to an earlier post with pics etc but can’t thanks to those meddling kids 🙁

gtkid
    Free Member

Item code deosn’t work on the website but it is on 2 of the boxes we got it store.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I would link to an earlier post with pics etc but can’t thanks to those meddling kids

See if this works :

CLICKY

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I made a 12v pressure washer. I used a pond pump that had a flow of 14 litres a minute. The tank is a 25 litre plastic jerry can. The nozzle and hose came off one of those garden sprayers. The only things I needed to buy were a on/off switch, a length of aquarium clear plastic hose and a couple of jubilee clips.

It does the job but looks a bit Heath Robinson compared to the proper job but then it cost me £4.

Wally

£24.47 woop woop!
    Lakeside, the item code worked and it was immaculate in the stock room.
    Manager said “Well I never, I had no idea we had those!”

Also Shimano MT51 boots £30 Decathlon.
    I gave the £90 Mavic crossmax SL rear wheel a miss, though it was a bargain IF you wanted one.

sheldona
    Free Member

Yup £24.47 from Stratford upon Avon, the only one in stock!! Great value, may have to wash some bikes now!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

My dirtworkers broken. Air gets in somewhere resulting in a very weedy jet. Must get round to sending it back, customer service is supposedly good.

dickydutch

As id mentioned on the previous forum, Ive managed to pick up four dirtworkers a couple of weeks back at a price of 40 quid each. I’d said I’m willing to let them go for this price plus the cost of postage. Ive had email contact from two people saying they want one, so at present there is two left. If people want them at this price (£40) I am willing to post them (at cost to the buyer). Otherwise, I’m just outside Hull until tuesday and after that I will be back in Newcastle if people want to collect. Email me if interested.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

dickydutch, whats your email address? Any idea how much postage, a tenner?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just Picked up my dirtworker for £25 and Im happy as larry.

gtkid
    Free Member

Good stuff, enjoy!

dickydutch

nobeerinthefridge –
    my email is rich656@hotmail.com
    Ive tried to put it in my profile but it doesnt seem to be working as before.
    Ive weighed the dirtworkers all packaged up on some home scales and it came to around 14 quid when checked with the corresponding costs on royal mail site? Where are you based by the way? Nowhere near I take it?

I_Ache
    Free Member

They are bloody heavy I can vouch for that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m about as far from Glentress as you are, fancy a jaunt round the black?!!!.

I’ll drop you an email.

wildrnes
    Free Member

I got mine yesterday from wakefield for £24 i believe there is one in Doncaster

the store manager said that there was definately not one in their store, so she was somewhat surprised when I walked round the corner with one.

zinger
    Free Member

Just got one for £25 from the shoreham branch of halfords 😀

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘So these DirtWorker Things Then.’ is closed to new replies.