Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • So, there’s no dentists and my tooth has broken….
  • HarryTuttle

This place has been the source of some good advice in the past so I’ll ask some mountain bikers how to fix a tooth.

I have a moler, top right at the back that’s previously had a filling, on Thursday night the side of the tooth broke of. The missing section extends to below the gum. My dentist is closed due to lack of ppe. They have an emergency online form which did result in a call back. All they could suggest is a repair kit from the chemist. I tried that, it lasted 5 minutes, probably not enough tooth to hold the ‘gum’ in place.

So, what else should I try? Any suggestions welcome!

maccruiskeen

Snap (so to speak)

But.. no pain and no infection. So I’ll wait

submarined
    Free Member

Wow, could have written that myself, even down to the time! I’m in the same boat, big chunk broke off. Dentist answering very clear about the emergencies they will handle and as I don’t have any pain yet, is not me.
    I couldn’t find emergency filling jus anywhere online, all sold out! Now left with a sore tongue from the sharp edge and no idea what to do.

martinhutch

It is just your dentist who is unavailable, or have you rung 111 and asked if there is any emergency dentistry covering your area?

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/dental-health/how-can-i-access-an-nhs-dentist-in-an-emergency-or-out-of-hours/

EDIT: Ah right, if not infected/painful then you might have to hang on.

BigJohn

An Emery board (nail file) can take off sharp edges that cut your tongue and cheek.

curzon
    Free Member

Snap ( pun intended ) Same here. One of my teeth has been slowly disintegrating in chunks since just before lockdown, missed my chance to get it sorted then, so will have to live with it for now!

kilo

alanl
    Free Member

Similar here, got an infected gum on my wisdom tooth 3 weeks ago. Dentist gave me anti-biotics, told me to come back in 6 days time, and we’ll pull the tooth.
    Appointment was cancelled on Monday 23rd March,its been nearly 2 weeks, and it hasnt got much better.
    The initial anti biotics worked, but it started hurting a week later, and was clearly infected again, so he gave me another prescription, which hasnt done a great deal, it still hurts, and I’m taking painkillers a lot.
    I ordered some tooth extraction pliers off ebay yesterday, so when it gets really bad, I reckon I’ll be trying to pull it myself.
    The dentist wasnt much help, he says he cannot see any patients, even emergencies, take paracetamol, and ring 111 was his answer.

redmex
    Free Member

Have a look on YouTube how the rednecks do their own tooth extractions and see if you’re tough enough

MoreCashThanDash

Several dentists round here available for emergencies

maccruiskeen

Florrie smoothed the now-greying hairs back from her temples, and tucked them neatly under her flying buttresses. Thank Clapton, she thought, that John’s early death precluded him from knowing what kind of swine his father really was. She recalled the affair of the rubbers, but there had been happier times…

She sighed deeply, and her mind strode back some thirty years on sensible brogue feet: Henry, in uniform, the blink of brass buttons, then, after, to dance the night away. What foolishness now it seemed to a woman already in the twilight of her autumn.

Yet, what a kind man he’d always been: she recalled the time Mr Cumberpatch, the gardener, sweet old chap, hated wasps, always wore bicycle clips when mowing the lawn, had fallen badly in the orchard, and broken his leg. Why, Henry fairly raced back to the house for his pistol: he couldn’t bear to see even the lowliest of creatures in pain.

Again she heard the Black and Decker two-speed drill start horribly up in the downstairs bathroom, and the high-pitched screams of Sir Henry doing his own fillings. Curious how the Rawlinson family distrusted dentists: she remembered the night of Arbuthnot’s honeymoon in Vienna. He knew he could never face his new wife without a huge and immediate extraction, and so, he fastened a length of string about the tooth that pained him, and the other end to the door of the cage-like lift, and waited. But to no effect: the lift ascended, nothing happened. Tearing open the iron door, Arbuthnot immediately threw himself down the shaft. Few men would have had the intelligence to do that.

HarryTuttle

So, I’m not alone in this. Thanks for sharing, I wonder where I can get that stuff Bob Mortimer talked about?

martinhutch

The Fuji 9, or the leathermaker’s drill? 🙂

Googling Fuji IX seems to yield results.

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

Stop being a jessie…

I wanna be a brain surgeon

(I wanna be a brain surgeon)

maccruiskeen

The Fuji 9, or the leathermaker’s drill?

I’ve got Upol and a leatherman,

maccruiskeen

Googling Fuji IX seems to yield results.

‘Packable Posterior Restorative’ – wrong end of the alimentary canal possibly 🙂

joelowden

MacCruiskeen……Sir Henry ….Words of a genius..:-)

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I’ve been using Dr.Denti Tooth Fil (sic) after a tooth collapsed and it works ok if you have more of a cavity. Apparently, they do a filler that’s sticker which may work better in your case.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘So, there’s no dentists and my tooth has broken….’ is closed to new replies.