• This topic has 41 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by nofx.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • So there’s a knock at the door
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

Woman looking a little worse for wear

Strange request mate do you have a bit of tinfoil mate

We are all stood at the door by now me Mrs and youngun

Yeah it’s for the sandwiches repeats it’s a strange request

she looks shocked when my Mrs gives her enough to wrap sandwiches

Yeah I know it’s a strange request

She states she’s from 4 doors down which is unlikely as a copper lives there then bends down and starts folding it on the front step

Spider senses now tingling

Wobbles back to her car which stays parked outside our house before driving off

Piqued my interest so I jumps in pickup and followed the car to where it’s parked up round the corner centre of the lane with smoke coming out the windows

What would westwood do

johndrummer
    Free Member

Drug squad. I really wouldn’t want to see someone high on smack driving a tonne of metal around at unpredictable speeds

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well I wouldn’t serve her again, that’s for sure.

Drac

He’d post on a forum asking what to do.

martinhutch

Should’ve have given her a bit of clingfilm for her sandwich. That would have done the job.

deadkenny
    Free Member

taxi25
    Free Member

Piqued my interest so I jumps in pickup and followed the car to where it’s parked up round the corner centre of the lane with smoke coming out the windows

You honestly followed her !!!!! Thats the only weird thing about this scenario.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I would have made her some salmon (red, not pink) sandwiches. Then proceeded to cut off the crusts. All washed down with a nice cup of tea. Or should that be a cup of nice tea?

mickmcd
    Free Member

You honestly followed her !!!!! Thats the only weird thing about this scenario.

yah ….now I feel bad

mikewsmith
    Free Member

call police report people taking drugs in control of a car, what would you do if somebody wanted a bottle opener to get pissed in their car?

stewartc
    Free Member

Maybe she was preparing ham for the sandwiches by smoking it?

Spin
    Free Member

Maybe she was preparing ham for the sandwiches by smoking it?

Top Gear meets MasterChef?

cookeaa

Nevermnd all that; pick-up, following criminals… You are in fact the Fall Guy!

I claim my five pounds…

qwerty
    Free Member

Maybe, she was just a tin foil hat heroine.

poly
    Free Member

Wow, that’s a complicated explanation for the jury on why the woman was seen at your door briefly, then is found a short time later near your house heating up heroin on tin foil that has your wife’s finger prints on it.

(Oh and I wouldn’t have given her tinfoil because it’s a bizarre request from a stranger, and I know all the neighbours. I would have called the police (999) as soon as she got in the drivers seat – seemingly worse for wear. I may have called 101 before that for suspicious person knocking on doors – distraction theft?)

Underhill
    Free Member

Top Gear meets MasterChef?

MasterGear?

Drac

MasterGear?

Cooking doesn’t get much tougher than this.

-m-
    Free Member

MasterGear?

GearChef.

kilo

Cynical head. She was probably casing the house to rob it and came up with a stupid question when someone answered the door

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cynical head. She was probably casing the house to rob it and came up with a stupid question when someone answered the door

Good on her for carrying on the act all the way back to the car!!

martinhutch

psling
    Free Member

What poly said ^^^

Interview room after woman is found dead…

So, your pick-up was seen on cctv following her vehicle, how do you explain that sir?
    She was seen at your house earlier in the night, can tell us why sir?
    Your wife’s fingerprints, etc., etc..
    Randomly stopped by for something to wrap sandwiches you say sir, is that a regular occurrence at your house? Total strangers making unusual requests?

I think westwood would get a good lawyer.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Police came round car reg known to them

Did say phoning 999 would probably not have helped as we don’t have a local station anymore

Turns out lad and his brother living in house on our road are dealers.

Edit Mrs just told me it’s two doors down where theyre gran used to live….ive never even seen them

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spider senses now tingling

No offence, but you’re no Poirot are you? 🤣

cookeaa

Turns out lad and his brother living in house on our road are dealers.

Edit Mrs just told me it’s two doors down where theyre gran used to live….ive never even seen them

That’s the point for you to worry about.

Our old neighbours were/are still a lovely, semi-retired couple, their eldest daughter (actually about my age) periodically lived there, had blazing rows and moved out again… Long story short, one day she knocked the door to borrow a tenner to “pay for a taxi” and the missus went and gave it to her. Oddly enough the taxi was a blacked out beemer and didn’t seem to be a registered private hire vehicle…

She was clearly at the desperate end of the scale, and it was extremely difficult for her family to cope with/help her effectively. But when there’s dealer’s and other scum rolling up outside your own home, and you’re being tapped up to help fund a habit, my advice is to report anything and everything suspicious. There are worse things than being considered a bit of a curtain twitcher…

darthpunk
    Free Member

For all you know she might have been eager to steam some trout….. Even manky druggies need to eat

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

So have they “foiled” the crime?

rickmeister

So have they “foiled” the crime?

Yep, its a wrap.

mickmcd
    Free Member

No offence, but you’re no Poirot are you? 🤣

it was just **** bizarre i didn’t know where the tinfoil was kept in the house

slackalice
    Free Member

And yet, if there wasn’t the pointless ‘war on drugs’ and social responsibility accepted by those in power, there’s every likelihood she would be a fully functioning or stabilised addict and whatever police we have left to utilise their resources in more productive ways.

Dr John Marks prescription programme in Merseyside in the 1980’s/90’s being a particularly poignant example.

mechanicaldope

And yet, if there wasn’t the pointless ‘war on drugs’ and social responsibility accepted by those in power, there’s every likelihood she would be a fully functioning or stabilised addict and whatever police we have left to utilise their resources in more productive ways.

+1

mick_r

Spat my coffee out at thought of mick as the fall guy! I’m surprised you didn’t offer to make her something better and more durable out of titanium sheet 🙂

wallop

Top Chef, surely?

fotorat
    Free Member

Where is this Manchester or London?

taxi25
    Free Member

One of my neighbours knocked on my door late at night once. Wanted to borrow sone duct tape. Turned out he liked to tape his boyfriend to the kitchen table then…………………. I didn’t feel the need to follow to see what they were up to.
    Never did get my tape back and it was nearly a full roll 🙁🙁

Trimix
    Free Member

I would pop round later and ask for something random for your mountain bike. She can return the favour.

theotherjonv

Glad this thread made me laugh…… had a moment of ‘Oh no!’

breadcrumb

So two doors down you have a pair of dealers and four doors down a copper!?

mickmcd
    Free Member

So two doors down you have a pair of dealers and four doors down a copper!?

story got a shedload better after some folks identified who they all were

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Where is this Manchester or London?

I’d say from the accent south London.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘So there’s a knock at the door’ is closed to new replies.