Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • So then, GBBO final tonight, who you backing?
  • fasthaggis

As an aside, I think Lottie would be an ace presenter of the programme. Her quick witted humour and dry humour/sarcasm could work wonderfully.

Please god no.

I thought she was out of her depth most of the time, playing to the presenters/camera earned her a couple of extra weeks.

Would have liked to see Hermine in the final.

Perfect Peter FTW 🙂

mattbee

My Mrs <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>works with Dave’s wife. She has been nagging for ages to find out how he did but they have kept it secret. </span>

llama

works with Dave’s wife

tell us, is he happy at home?

finbar
    Free Member

In Dave’s favour he chose Tom Delonge from Blink 182 to make a face cake of in one of the first episodes (I think the brief was to choose your hero or someone who inspires you). Such a brilliantly unpretentious choice.

Mikkel
    Free Member

No matter who wins I just hope Laura makes the biggest mess ever of her worktop.

And maybe feed Peter some cheese

pondo

I really don’t care who takes the trophy – I think we’re all winners. 🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

Oh no 😔

tomhoward

May as well get off now…

pondo

Now I feel a bit teary. 🙁

aP
    Free Member

The Guardian live blog adds a Eurovision twist.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Oh god, please don’t let her tower collapse!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m voting for Mr Spoon.

davosaurusrex

Dave wuz robbed! No victory shoulder wiggle

pondo

Thought it was gonna be Dave, but that was excellent. 🙂

freeagent
    Free Member

really enjoyed that – honestly couldn’t call it between Dave and Peter – either would have deserved the win.

I liked Laura – down to earth and funny, but the end results were often too messy to justify winning.

roll on GBBO 2021.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Just watched and the moment Laura said she did not like coffee the show should have been stopped and she should have been declared the winner.

chrisyork

I don’t think Laura should have gone through, I really don’t…. nearly all the time her flavours were really good but she just couldn’t execute to the level needed.

Very confused by that semi final result!

Peter to win, when he’s on form he really is good! In cooking quality and execution…

onehundredthidiot

Seemed to be second twice on day 1 arguably by a long way on the walnut whorls. Nip and tuck day 2 and wins. He may well have deserved but if that’s the case why not edit the program to reflect the fact he was a worthy winner? Why the inference that Dave had it? It’s a baking program we don’t need high drama.
    Jeepers creepers.

oikeith

I don’t think Laura should have gone through, I really don’t…. nearly all the time her flavours were really good but she just couldn’t execute to the level needed.

She was lucky throughout that there was always someone worse than her each week

I think Dave was robbed, he did better on the first two challenges and was tied on the show stopper. why do the first two challenges in the final if they count for nothing!

retro83
    Free Member

Baller move from Dave disappearing for 2 months while his Mrs was heavily pregnant.

I liked Laura by my god she was out of her depth. I get that it was hot etc, but that pile of slop she served on the first or second bit looked like a week 1 effort.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s a baking program we don’t need high drama.

Have you never watched a reality TV competition before? It is only about creating high drama.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think Dave was robbed, he did better on the first two challenges and was tied on the show stopper. why do the first two challenges in the final if they count for nothing!

Had the same convo with the wife, I can only assume they take the whole series into account, not just the final?.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I can only assume they take the whole series into account, not just the final?.

They say they don’t but ……

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They really have to, don’t they?.

finbar
    Free Member

I’m not convinced Dave’s custard slices were judged more highly than Peter’s cranachan things (even if they did stretch the definition of custard slice to breaking point).

lunge

See, we thought Peter won the signature, Dave won the technical and the showstopper was tight.
    Fair result I think.

IHN

See, we thought Peter won the signature, Dave won the technical and the showstopper was tight.
    Fair result I think.

Yup, could have gone either way and either way would have been justifiable.

Was a good final. Matt Lucas is still the weakest link in it though.

Peter’s cranachan things (even if they did stretch the definition of custard slice to breaking point).

They looked chuffing lovely

chestrockwell

Our thoughts were that Dave knew he couldn’t beat Peter if he did a ‘normal’ showstopper so took the gamble of the baking he’d done poorly with originally. It was brave and if he’d aced it he would have won but by doing some of the elements badly again it showed Peter to be the better baker.

Or something….

creakingdoor
    Free Member

The show is enjoyable in the main, Matt was better showing some compassion to Laura but I think vampire boy is by far the weakeast aspect. That and the contrived, forced ‘humour’ at the start is just cringeworthy. The production team need to look at what’s working and what’s not, and maybe not schedule chocolate/ice cream/anything susceptible to heat for August.
    Oh, and Hermine was robbed of a place in the final.

lunge

I love Noel, he was brilliant last year with Sandi but I don’t think he worked as well with Matt his year.
    Matt I just didn’t get at all.

zippykona

Have they not heard of air con?

edhornby

“maybe not schedule chocolate/ice cream/anything susceptible to heat for August.”
    they do that on purpose for the TV drama, it’s part of the tradition

finbar
    Free Member

I think Noel and Matt are fantastic, primarily because I remember Mel and Sue from when it was on the Beeb *shudders*

freeagent
    Free Member

Have they not heard of air con?

+1

I really don’t see why they can’t do something to improve the situation – icing cakes in 35 degree heat is nonsense.

I work for an air-conditioning company and although cooling a big tent wouldn’t be very energy efficient it is perfectly do-able.

pondo

Noel and Sandi were the best thing about it, Noel remains the best bit. Matt feels a bit like he struggles to engage on a personal level, like he’s used to playing a part on camera but not just being himself.

z1ppy

😉 @llama

Peter deserved it, Dave did not.

chestrockwell

I think those wanting to cool the tent are missing the point.

I’ve liked all the presenters tbh, past and present.

Sandwich

I remember Mel and Sue

Responsible for the tradition of moving in on a baking disaster and turning the air blue so that any footage could not be used. For that they deserve our respect.

IHN

Responsible for the tradition of moving in on a baking disaster and turning the air blue so that any footage could not be used. For that they deserve our respect.

I did not know that, fair play.

Although Laura wouldn’t have got much camera time if that was still the case…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Matt feels a bit like he struggles to engage on a personal level, like he’s used to playing a part on camera but not just being himself.

Did you watch a different show to me? They are both good at pushing humour to to point of distraction and then flicking back and showing a genuine caring side I thought.

I only watched it last night got to about 330pm before i accidentally read a bbc headline and saw the winner.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘So then, GBBO final tonight, who you backing?’ is closed to new replies.