So then 2013 …… What are your build plans?

Home Forum Bike Forum So then 2013 …… What are your build plans?

• This topic has 130 replies, 114 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by  jwt.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • So then 2013 …… What are your build plans?
  • Premier Icon letmetalktomark
    Subscriber

For me it’s a monstercross 29er

That’s all I hope 😛

You?

steve_b77

Rigid steel single ringed 29’er

I’d settle for being able to ride the ones I’ve got.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

I’m thinking of building a light weight fatbike to replace my not so light weight fatbike.

mattk

Lightweight race hardtail with a mix of old and new bits.

Currently pondering either 100mm or rigid carbon forks, first race is end of feb so really need it done by jan so I can get used to riding it.

grahamt1980

Finally get my new PA frame built up, and get a commie meta sl

cozz

Ti Fatbike mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Premier Icon althepal
    Subscriber

2×10 on my 575 and hoping to ride it a lot more!
    Oh aye, sorting the hose routing on my new reverb too- not much compared to the above posts!

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

2012 was the year of expansion for me – 2013 is all about riding them all 🙂

matt23

Cotic Soul on Fox 32’s with a mix of new n old parts! From what I have read from Soul owners I will be getting read of the FS 🙂

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

I’ve recently picked up an 05 lava dome – mint condition – am in the process of putting discs on it, 1×9, bit of carbon, getting my now reduced travel floats fixed up and plan to 650b it. just waiting for superstar to do some wheel deals !

IA

Long travel 29er…though needs to wait till I sell my el guapo!

m0nster2

Just this week got the resprayed frame back.
    Me and my 11 year old are rebuilding my old Klein.
    Purpose 1: To give him a mechanical appreciation.
    2. He’s now big enough to ride it
    3. (Shh!) So I can get back out on it…

Euro

Not a bike, but i’m for finishing off this little project. It should have been built by now, but my injury has prevented me from riding/building for most of 2012. Hoping 2013 will be better.

Premier Icon solarider
    Subscriber

Colnago Master 30th in Mapei blue. Old School steel. Retro NOS Campagnolo Record parts. Can’t wait!

And, like many, get out and ride the ones I have more.

bencooper

29er Hetchins MTB.

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

Probably the new frame Cotic are planning, the mini Rocket? Sounds like it’ll be ideal for me!

fd3chris

Cotic bfe and ride a lot more as have been very busy being lazy this year.

jedi

To extend air supply at herts with 2 more gaps and add more berms too 🙂

tk46hal

My Wife has contributed towards my Xmas pressie, a Kinesis Pro 6 frameset. Time to save for the rest! 😀

twohats

Carbon Nomad on its way in January to compliment all the new components I’ve acquired this last year…

Premier Icon mrhoppy
    Subscriber

Transition Bandit, waiting for the call that I can pick it up so it might sneak in as a late 2012 build if that’s sooner rather than later. Trying to decide on whether to incur further wrath by getting a reverb too.

Jeffus

cheap build DH bike, Tall boy LTc , jump bike

godzilla

Probably going to rebuild my Five, back to Halifax for paint of undecided colour, then Bos front and back.

RealMan

New road bike in time for racing. Sub 800g frame, with ultegra and dura ace. Maybe a new bmx too.

jezandu

Just in the middle of finishing my build which is On-one Scandal 29er with custom paint job. It’s to be a rigid singlespeed which I’m going to use for xc racing and doing the Kielder 100 on. You can see pics on my blog.

Jez http://www.followingthechainline.blogspot.com

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Absolutely nowt.

Though, to be fair there’s a reasonable chance the Roadrat’ll go, finding it hard to get it fitting right (or rather, it fits right, but I don’t fit it- I seem to be funny shaped)

Likely to switch the Soda to 2×9 or maybe 2×10 though and might pick up a cheap Sid for it as well (rigid just now)

backtothetop

I want to build a 4x bike, not really sure why but i like the look of the Rose one in this months MBUK, Just going to buy a frame and swap over parts from other bikes when i feel like using it.

YoGrant

Just finished a new singular swift build. Hoping to follow up with dn osprey roadie by the spring.

toxicsoks

Once I sell the Spark and Scion I’ll be looking at building up a light, possibly carbon, 29er.

Premier Icon P20
    Subscriber

I fancy dabbling with a 29er, possibly based around one of these from eBay:

Premier Icon Baldysquirt
    Subscriber

pipedream sirius / Xtracycle longtail for child ferrying duties. Build just started and should be finished early jan.

Premier Icon sprocker
    Subscriber

just ordered a bfe for January and a new road bike in the Spring 🙂

Premier Icon Andy
    Subscriber

No new bikes – have 3 part built (One mtb & two vintage road bikes) to finish off. This year has een a bad year for riding so hope to just get out and ride more.

matthew_h

Stainless steel rigid 29er, kind of.

orangeboy

Saving up hard for a little trip away to bring back an enduro frame
    Problem is not sure i will have the funds to Finnish it before next winter , but I so want it

Have three bikes that I’m really happy with spec wise, so it’ll be a new frame for one of them and transfer the parts.

Have narrowed it down to a Transition Covert carbon, Spicy 916, Mojo HD, Nicolai Ion 16, Ion 18, Demo 8, Wilson, Pivot Phoenix, ASR-5, TRc, or maybe a Bandit.

Premier Icon Capt. Kronos
    Subscriber

Got the Whyte coming early in the year, and have already planned a couple of upgrades to that, which means some stock parts become free… so I am looking into what hardtail framesets are about that are 29er and 142x12mm rear axel compatible to make use of the forks and wheels 😉

There may also be a Cube for someone else in the household 😉

ojom

No bike plans for me.

Just going to be building a garden.

themoodster

I will mostly start the year building my wrist back up to pre surgery levels of flexibility and possibly chopping the Mojo SL frame in for an HD

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘So then 2013 …… What are your build plans?’ is closed to new replies.