Viewing 24 posts - 241 through 264 (of 264 total)
  • So the multi day SDW adventure begins tonight next to the A31!!
  • Premier Icon Yak
    Subscriber

Awesome. Chapeau!

Chapeau, Grumpy Cat! ✌️😾

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Well done sir

Premier Icon robbo1234biking
    Subscriber

Good effort well done mate

Premier Icon FB-ATB
    Subscriber

Bravo. Now you’ve got to ride back to get your car!

Premier Icon singletrackmind
    Subscriber

17hrs, well done for finishing. All the folk who think its flat down south and the sdw is just like a road ride by the sea side need to experience the pain and suffering that is brighton to Eastbourne
    Had a few goes at it now, it doesn’t get easier you just train harder as you know the efforts required
    Really hope you have s hotel in Eastbourne now, a nice cold pint of peroni and a mountain of cheesy chips

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Good effort. You’ve improved a lot, must be satisfying.

bigdaddy

Really well done!! I did it in 10 hours and that was plenty long enough to be on a bike, but 17 hours is extraordinary! Top effort indeed! Enjoy the fish and chips and beer!

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

Awesome effort. 3days to 1 day in a year is an amazing achievement. Nice one 😀.

Premier Icon Jordan
    Subscriber

Awesome! I only discovered this thread a few days ago and enjoyed reading the whole journey/journeys. Superb effort mate! Inspiring!

Premier Icon cobrakai
    Subscriber

I’ve done it in a day twice. After the 1st time I said never again……..

Wait until tomorrow when the sense of achievement really hits. Bloody well done!

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Well done that man and I echo nixie’s post ^^^

Premier Icon integra
    Subscriber

Brilliant, well done! Beer, fish and chips and another beer. When you wake up the sense of achievement will be worth the pain, (from a man that has only ever done the Brighton to Eastbourne leg).
    Looking forward to the photos are writeup when you’ve recovered.

You have a 13.5 hour single in there….. go and find it.

DanW

Incredible effort! The photo at the end says everything. Respec’

Premier Icon Dorset_Knob
    Subscriber

Brilliant news, well done Pooper!

Thanks for sharing it all here too, great inspiration. My “training” continues…

edit: I love how happy you look about it at the end 🙂

Your STW Legend status is assured, I feel.

BaronVonP7

Inspiring! Brilliant effort!

four

Well done mate, that’s a tough route.

Premier Icon benjbish
    Subscriber

Fabulous work, have followed the previous years efforts. Very brave man to get it done. Impressed with the improvements! Sleep well.

Premier Icon ogri
    Subscriber

Bravo!

Premier Icon maurice
    Subscriber

Thanks for this thread Poopscoop.

It inspired me to go for it in 1 day just yesterday. I had Friday off work, and on Thursday lunchtime committed myself by going and buying a rucksack full of food for it.

I started at 6:30am and eventually made it to Eastbourne at 11:15pm. It was a long very hot day, then turned into gale force sidewinds and 2-metre visibility mist after 9pm.

Vision was so bad on the tops I was steering using the navigation track on my Wahoo like I was piloting a ship in the sea.

Had a mechanical calamity 65 miles in when my tubeless tyre got slashed by some flint. Plugged it, inflated, then on unscrewing the co2 cartridge it also unscrewed the valve core and fired it into some undergrowth never to be seen again… 30 mins spent trying in vain to find it followed by switching in my only tube and praying for no more punctures.

This was on a Commencal Meta TR29 so not ideally suited but I was glad of the plush suspension during the second half when I was suffering.

I’m broken today, can barely move. Good sense of accomplishment though!

SDW in yesterday’s heatwave! 😮

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

maurice
    Subscriber
    Thanks for this thread Poopscoop.

It inspired me to go for it in 1 day just yesterday. I had Friday off work, and on Thursday lunchtime committed myself by going and buying a rucksack full of food for it.

…………

You sir are a bloody hero.

In that heat and then with the winds and visibility issues (let alone the mechanical!) it must have been torturous.

Amazing achievement my friend.

Im over the pain/tiredness now and i am starting to only remember the positives!😁

And possibly come up with more plans…😳

Premier Icon maurice
    Subscriber

Cheers. With hindsight, I would have picked a slightly cooler day.. at least it was quiet though!

I had the idea it would feel like the foreign holiday I’m missing this year, and it did for the first couple hours. You forget how exposed it is though, not much tree cover. Didn’t sunburn though, I doused myself in P20 SPF50 and carried 4 litres of water. Still almost ran out once.

Went and picked up my van last night, still walking like an old man.

Viewing 24 posts - 241 through 264 (of 264 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.