Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 293 total)
  • So the multi day SDW adventure begins tonight next to the A31!!
  • Poopscoop

I’ll have a look mate but as I’d be there over night the sexual deviant content might be a bit too high for me.lol

Wally

Keep us all updated on the adventure Poopscoop, dry and gentle tailwind east to west, keep upright.

Poopscoop

Stayed about 6.40 at cathedral, for lost in town. Now at Exton. 2 gravel biked guys passed me doing the full 100.👍

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/660R5XYm/IMG-20190802-082514.jpg[/img][/.url]

Wally

easily
    Free Member

This story is great. Thanks Poopscoop.

I hope you make it this time, and without leaving a trail of blood and bits. However, there is a small part of me that is hoping to read about you fighting locals, cycle the wrong way, and abandon with 5 miles to go when you realise you’ve left the gas on.

Poopscoop

At cocking now.😁

Will ad write-up to top pics on a bit.👍

Art the top of a road climb from QE. Hell yes, £1. Not bad in Brexit Britain.

This innocuous track leads to my nemesis. I crashed there in ’17 and 18 whilst trying to do the SDW. Trouble is I went down the wrong track and avoided my nemesis.Doh! Decided to walk back from the cobbled sign post to ride it. I had to do it this year.lol

I should have gone down the track on the right, not the one with the small hate on the left. Back up I go….

This hill beat me.

Starting to feel it now and damaged shoulder definitely is.lol Amazing weather and people.
    My nemesis below….but… pic was from last year. I didn’t crash! Kept on disposing to myself “allow is fast, fast or slow. Not really a mantra for biking but I really must fall on this shoulder again. So… Slow but sure.👍

Right, off I go! Next Ambury. If that’s the right name.lol

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Absolutely epic thread. Good luck today!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Hope you are keeping on top of your hydration, it’s a lot warmer out there than I expected it to be today, I know I’d go through ~1.5 litres of chilled water very quickly between Exton and Butser alone.

blanklook

Great effort Poopscoop. I did it last week (not camping though). Much better to walk up the hills than over exert. As everyone says keep drinking – think about taking electrolytes too to hold off the cramp – seemed to work for me – but may have been placebo! Will keep following this and good luck!

Poopscoop

Amberly! Yeah baby yeah!

nickc

I love this thread

owenfackrell
    Free Member

A question for those who have done/are doing this. At QE park do you follow the signed route over the hill or go through the middle of the park more or less following the blue route?
    Nice going Poop i will say hi if i see you tomorrow.

mattbee

I’m lazy and just follow the middle track up and out of the park. Avoids a crappy bit of bridleway and only reduces the distance by a few hundred metres.

Poopscoop

Mobile almost dead and forgot power block idiot!

Last post till I get home lads.👍

nixie

Poopscoop. What phone/charge port type? I’m going to be carrying two powerpacks so could leave one with you.

nixie

Worked it out from your picture data. A pixel. Will have a charger for that with me.

corroded
    Free Member

Wait, what?! No more updates? He could be in a fight to the death with a family of badgers intent on robbing his last flapjack and we’d never know! He’s a bit past my patch now but can any of the Sussex squadron be mobilised with a charger? Will Nixie find him?

Poopscoop

Thank you so much Nixie but I’ve found the power pack! It was in my water bottle thing that actually holds tools. Phew!

Also bivvying at a camp site tonight in Amberly, the “Foxlie Barn”.or something.

Me sleeping on the floor with the bike and about 5 caravans for some steam show or something.

Shower was heaven. Shame I’ve not got any clean clothes though.lol Washed the inner shorts which will will hopefully be dry by tomorrow though. Going to wash my top in the morning and just ride with it wet till it dries.

Had cheesy chips at the Sportsman pub,I think it was called. Met some other bikers there and had a chat.

In campsite now. 2 bottles of Doombar, 2 packets of Scampi fries followed by a flapjack.

Had another small off… fell on the bad shoulder. Again….but was in a field of wheat so had a soft landing.

Also thought id punctured the Thermarest sleeping mat as I found bramble thorns sticking out of its cover. Seems ok so far though. Fingers crossed.

Can’t upload pics to postimage.org for some reason. Still, not many taken as was trying to conserve battery.

I’ll update how tomorrow goes.👍

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Ahhh… The Sportsman. Many a post ride pint there looking at the view!

Sleep well Poopscoop!

Best bit is the last 50.

spacemonkey

Top work fella. I have a soft spot for the SDW as I grew up in its foothills and have spent many a days up on that exposed ridge in all weathers.

BTW, is that Amberley Mount?

nixie

Good thing you found the battery. Don’t think I’m going to make the start. Ill child :(.

singletrackmind

Harting Down , from the East looking back west towards Winchester
    Bitch of a climb , do able but you can feel the effort removing energy levels

matt_outandabout

Morning poopster. Hope the day goes well. And in the words of Rob Warner, ‘stay on your bike Danny poopscoop’….

weeksy

Stop crashing you plum! Enjoy the day lots!!!!

damascus
    Free Member

Good luck poopscoop.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

This bloke, this ride, this write up.

Epic!

Go Poopy 😎

Sandwich

Fiona has competition for my interest today.

Poopscoop

Morning update.
    Open wounds in my crutch from abrasion I guess,yes, used butt cream.

Thought it clever to hand wash the inner last night so setting off with a wet chamois (sp)

I do dumb **** like this so you don’t have to.

Slept well though and thermarest wasn’t punctured. Heavy few though in Amberly as someone mentioned.

Tonight’s stop is planned at a 24 hour service station for supplies,then kip up the road a bit in a field or something.

My sore arse and wet inner are going to be today’s news.

Picture of arse to come later.😉

Poopscoop

nixie

Subscriber
    Good thing you found the battery. Don’t think I’m going to make the start. Ill child :(.

Sorry to hear that, kids come first though, bless them.👍

nixie

Thanks. Ended up with an ambulance visit at 3am! She is ok now though. I’m resetting to go tomorrow morning instead if she stays ok.

Hope you have a good day out there today. Weather looks ideal.

mrmoofo

You’ll be in my neck of the woods today. Should anything go wrong, let me know …

matt_outandabout

How’s it going poopscoop?

Poopscoop

nixie

Subscriber
    Thanks. Ended up with an ambulance visit at 3am! She is ok now though. I’m resetting to go tomorrow morning instead if she stays ok.

Glad she is on the mend and fingers crossed for you, for tomorrow!

Thanks for the kind offer mate,all went okish-ish. Lol

Today could be summed up by simply saying “ouch,my arse.”

Firstly been constipated and finely thought I might be able to go. Took ages finding somewhere covert, down a bank with tree cover. Planned to perfection. Was desperate not to poo in my liner so hung backwards from a low branch to get the necessary lean whilst holding onto a tree branch. Squeezed a nugget out and that was that. Then noticed that I was surrounded by the shells of conkers that an animal must have munched on last autumn. I very gingerly moved away from the area as I couldnt tell one conker from another if you get my drift.

My arse is now beyond sore. I took a selfie earlier to look at the area and it’s not a pretty sight. Somewhere between a pizza and a donner kebab. Tomorrow’s going to be painful. And constipated.
    Early in the day I had a real throaty cough, coughed up some red….c was convinced it was blood for a few minute then remembered the energy feel is had a few minutes earlier.

Met a group doing the 100 today whilst stopping for water at the Truleigh YHA. Nice bunch of guys and had a bit of a laugh before I headed off. They were having chips and a burger so I tried to stay ahead of them for as long as possible to speed me up a bit. They caught me up a few miles later but I was happy to have used them for a bit of motivation!

Staying at a campsite tonight again, lucked out as where I was going to camp was a bit noisy….being Right next to the A27.

So at a farm with a nice camp site. Had a short but no clean clothes… Still gave me a chance to wash the old under carriage. Very carefully. I’m pretty sure there are boys hanging down that weren’t there 2 days back.

A rider by the car park with the ice cream van (that only took cash so couldn’t but water ir a snack unfortunately. Yeah, not asking for much am I.lol) Recognised me from this post. He’s a lurked and I can’t remember his name! Hi anyway bud!

Did my food feed for the day helping out a guy that is running inner tubes. He put a new one in after a puncture but his pump keep pulling the valve core out every time he unscrew ed it. Just happened that after some messing around my pump didn’t do that.

Pictures…

Simply stunning. It’s why I love riding. Keeps me sane.

Never realised how deep this really is till I saw purple at the bottom today!

No idea why I’m a little….bunged up.

Spelt consisted jumping in this, felt like I was melting but it was only about 21 degrees.ffs!

No cash for water or a softy. Damn him to hell!

Prerry sue I crashed where this new fence is to the left on lay treats attempt. No idea how I managed it still.

Home for tonight.

And it’s pretty stunning… Night night guys…

Poopscoop

Sorry about the predictives guys, in turning in, too tired to error correct.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Make sure you keep the fluids intake up.

matt_outandabout

👌

zissou
    Free Member

I was the ice cream van car park random fan 😅 I was 80 miles in to a 105 mile sdw/gravel epic and wasn’t thinking too much after doing Streat Bostal and across to ditchling at full whack, but saw your bike as you held the gate for me (what a gent) and it all clicked suddenly. Great to chat to you and I, as many are, feel part of this entire journey and am rooting for you! Hopefully the trail down towards Falmer was a nice rest as it’s not too savage. Go well!
    Sam
    I even got a selfie 😅 #teampoopscoop

easily
    Free Member

Keep it up, good luck. I’m loving this whole thread

… and thanks for not posting that selfie

Poopscoop

Can’t find bum cream anywhere!

Had it in a little tub to keep size/weight down. Gone.

So…just bought some germalene (spd?) And baseless and will try mixing something up from the 2! I KNOW the proper stuff is on the ruucksack somewhere but no joy!

Going to be a bum day.

damascus
    Free Member

I always take 2 pairs of cycling shorts. One is usually tied to the bike drying aftrer I’ve washed it. If you put them in a towel and stand on them it takes most of the water out. You really need to look after your bum.

I’ve also found the right saddle makes all the difference. Most saddles feel OK for a few hours. Only after you ride day in, day out, do you kkow if you’ve bought the right one.

I currently have about 10 saddles I’ve bought and tried that didn’t work for me that I need to sell on!

Good luck riding through the pain!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 293 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.