Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • So, Sony Experia SP. Anyone got a real world review? or other similar
  • rOcKeTdOg

Phone upgrade time, currently got a rubbish motorola Atrix (replaced 4 times because of faliures)
    So what’s good?

Bimbler
    Free Member

The SP’s 4.6-inch screen comes loaded with a 720p resolution, and underneath you’ll find a relatively snappy 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, Android 4.1, 8-megapixel version of the Exmor RS sensor, and 8GB of on-board memory.

Very good spec for the money. No real world experience but for the same price you can get the Nexus 4 (8Gb) and for £280 you can get the Nexus 4 16gb – which is what I’ve got and is a very good phone.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Not sure which one but i got an experia on a new contract. There is an issue with some of them (mine included) in that they won’t stay connected to some wifi networks. Just goes in a circle of ” searching, connecting, connected, disconnecting, disconnected, searching”.

Not all experia do this but if it does there is NO fix.

Went back to Samsung in the end, what i like best is the removable memory card. So you can get a bigger card and have a lot of space if you want to store lots of music.

stumpy01

What’s the deal on the Xperia SP?

I’ve just got an Xperia T for ‘free’ paying £18/month for 300mins/5000txts and unlimited data on Three for £18/month (buymobilephones.net).

The phone is great. There are a few small niggles, but nothing major and pretty sure that most phones will have their own quirks….

I just had a quick look at the review on GSM Arena for the Xperia SP and it has a bigger battery than the Xperia T, which is one of the things that the reviews grumble about. To be honest, I haven’t found it a problem as yet for my typical usage, but I don’t sit watching video on it for hours on end…
    One thing of note – the headphones that come with it seem really good quality; blocking out background noise, comfortable and decent sound quality.

There is quite a lot of unremovable Sony software but most, if not all of it can be ignored or disabled without too much bother….

Let me know if you want any specific info.

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve had a xperia arc s for 18 months now…although its not an SP a lot of the technology is similar
    good points are they are well made phones, superb screen quality and brilliant cameras
    the downside is that sony can be a bit rubbish on the technical support side of things, they are also the last to carry out software updates so while every other android handset can have the latest version of jelly bean you may have to wait a bit longer before sony makes it available to you

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve had a T for nearly 5 months and its great. Reliable, works well. Battery life isnt the best out there but its ok.
    Camera, GPS etc all work well with no real niggles. Mind you I dont expect the moon on a stick from my phone like some do.

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers guys

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘So, Sony Experia SP. Anyone got a real world review? or other similar’ is closed to new replies.