Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • So round comes Valentines day….
  • trusty

I’m single, so it’ll be a couple of beers and watching “battlefield LA” once I’ve put the bike back together. All very romantic

binners

First class flight to New York leaving in two hours from Manchester. Just about to tell her to pack a weekend bag and grab her passport, for a weekend of top restaurants, culture and shopping.

Well I was going to. But then she said she’d booked us in to the pub down the road for a meal tonight, so I cancelled it all so as not to make her feel bad. I even got her a card, and everyfink 😀

stumpy01

Cougar – Moderator
    I appear to be engaged.

Do I win?

Congrats! I think. 😉

Got her a card and some flowers and we’ve booked into the pub restaurant down the road. Food is really good and we’e been saying we should go, as we haven’t been for ages. So, a good excuse for a nice meal and some beers, really!!
    Only thing is, my Wife has got a stinking cold which isn’t great.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sandwicheater

Balls, had forgotten.

Quick call to the Mrs;

Me: A hoy hoy, fancy being my Valentines?
    Mrs: Yeah, OK.
    Me: Cool. Fancy a snog later?
    Mrs: Yeah, OK. Don’t forget we’ve friends over this weekend. We’ve a fun night of cleaning tonight. Then you can have a snog.
    Me: Hmmm, I’ll pass, thanks.

DezB
    Free Member

I now know what Jehovah feels like at Christmas

emsz
    Free Member

This time last year me an her were trying too hard to rescue something that we both knew was pretty much past dead.

It still hurts a bit TBH

dashed
    Free Member

Cougar – congratulations!!

She’s not a fan – dangerous ground to fall into the trap of not getting her anything though I fear!! She got me a new harness (climbing not bondage). I sent her some flowers.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, I think Cougar wins (congrats by the way), but then a again it means he’s spending a bloody fortune!

theteaboy
    Free Member

I have a pass out for a run as long as I get the paella started first.

Then wine and Goodfellas.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well as predicted, the on call phone has gone off. Fobbed off the dog ate some grapes but now off for this one, 3rd call of the evening so far – coincidentally I’m on my 3rd beer…

emsz
    Free Member

Congratulations Cougar!!

*hugs and big sloppy kisses* sooooo romantic, sigh 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

Secretly booked the day off work, then left as normal to return with flowers 5 mins later.

That’s quality, must remember to do that one year 🙂

emsz – comiserations

Yak

I’m married so disqualified from valentines stuff.
    But I have entered both of us into Charlie’s Gravel Dash. We never get ride together so getting that booked and babysitting arranged is romantic isn’t it?

DrJ

Secretly booked the day off work, then left as normal to return with flowers 5 mins later.

to find her in bed with the plumber …

mogrim

Well, I think Cougar wins (congrats by the way), but then a again it means he’s spending a bloody fortune!

Thought that it being Valentine’s Day it means she does the proposing?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We never get ride together so getting that booked and babysitting arranged is romantic isn’t it?

Never race with the missus – just saying

Yak

Thought that it being Valentine’s Day it means she does the proposing

that’s leap year protocol

bikebouy
    Free Member

My congrat’s to Coug’s, epic win! 8)

Emsz needs one of the biggest HUGs out there so lets all link arms and group around her and slobber over her, she’ll love that 😆

Moi, well same as normal really here in the Bouy houshold, lots of Hugs and Kisses followed by a communal shower, breakfast in bed and snogs and a smack on the arse as I left for work… I also provided a mahooosive bunch of red roses and treated her to a long weekend away (last weekend) I am now a few quid down but she’s a cheaky champ that MrsBouy 😉

Yak

Never race with the missus – just saying

Its a long race – she’ll be waiting for me 😕

binners

Good work Cougar! 😀

Yak

Congrats to Cougar too! 🙂

mogrim

that’s leap year protocol

Ah, gotcha. So it’s all Cougar’s fault, and he’s just set himself up for a lifetime’s having to think of romantic stuff to do on Valentine’s Day?

The fool. 😆

Moses

I’ve just taken Mrs M to the station, so she can spend the weekend away.
    She did kiss me goodbye. Does that count?

hooli

I gave my wife a card, got a card and some chocolates from her.

My son gave me a card he made at pre-school, think I have some explaining to do when he gets a bit older 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

DrJ – Member

to find her in bed with the plumber …

No plumber in the history of the profession has been on the job within 5 mins…..

It was the postman 🙁

grievoustim
    Free Member

Waiting nervously by the front door for the postman today

…. As I have a new frame due for delivery

This evening the GF and I shall be consuming the last bottle of Prosecco left over from Christmas and going to see the Parquet Courts (booked ages ago with no realisation it was on valentines day)

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘So round comes Valentines day….’ is closed to new replies.