So romantic until…..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • So romantic until…..
  • Bunnyhop

We came along!

This afternoon hubby and I spent a couple of hours tucked away in a bird hide.
    As we approached we realised someone had put out some fairy lights on an ajoining Christmas tree and some really big festive outdoor candles. Then as we opened the door there were tea lights and pretty hearts, mmm must be a party later tonight. Very unusual place to hold one we thought.
    As the afternoon went on hubby has a bit of wind (well A lot actually) from too much beer and rich food from the night before. This horrible smell had overpowered the delicate perfume of the tea lights.
    As we are about to leave at dusk, a lovely young chap arrives with a bottle of champagne and goblets. He tells us that he’s the local farmer and is about to propose to his girlfriend, in the next half an hour.
    We wished him well and ran away giggling because the smell was awful, even with the hide shutter up it had lingered.

mcmoonter

Farting next to a naked flame in an enclosed space….whats the worst that could happen?

aka_Gilo

Lmao! πŸ˜€

Jamie

You should really have gone back with some Febreeze.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Funny but I thought you were going to catch them in the act.

Bunnyhop

Guessing that the smell of bird droppings, mr bunnyhop’s own special manly musk, febreeze and the perfumed tea candles really would have her running for the hills πŸ™‚

Bunnyhop

Drac – do you really think we would stoop so low (don’t answer that)?

Alex

drac would πŸ™‚

Nbt notoriously bad typer trumper

Junkyard

Notoriously
    Bad
    Trumps

Premier Icon leffeboy
    Subscriber

Christmas No 1 thread here πŸ™‚

Bunnyhop

No
    Bride
    To be πŸ™

Premier Icon sparkyrhino
    Subscriber

thats it blame your husband.shame on you

psling

See it as doing her a favour. I mean, if she says yes she’s going to have to get used to it anyway…

Stoner

Sounds fowl. Fingers crossed the young amore got a chance to see a Great Tit later on or even a Booby. All rather depends on whether she’s a gamebird or not. But the less said about Swallows the better.

rondo101

mcmoonter wrote:

Farting next to a naked flame in an enclosed space….whats the worst that could happen?

Diane

Oh that’s horrible – poor bloke! Last 2 posts did make me larf though πŸ˜€

sharki

If she runs fit the hills then they’re not a perfect match.
    Unlike you two.
    I’m not suggesting you fart like your hubby, but if you tolerate it. Well that’s true love, that is…
    Bless!

BTW. What wildlife did you spot?

sharkbait

Bunnyhop decided that birdwatching wasn’t for them after all…

nbt

sharki wrote:

BTW. What wildlife did you spot?

very quiet day at the hide in truth, although if he’d spent all day ferrying the various candles and things (he’d used a wheel barrow to bring a three foot high cheminea buerner down the path!) it’s not surprising that the wildlife would have been wary.

In terms of what we did see – blue tits, great tits, coal tits, robins, long tailed tits, mallards, mandarins, heron, cormorant – all frequent visitors. Sadly no woodpeckers, treecreepers or nuthatches which we usually see, nor kingfishers which I’ve never seen there, though Bunnyhop has. the raret thing we normally see is an egyptian goose that lives in the area. No mammals spotted either yesterday πŸ™

Stoner

See! a tit, a pecker and even a nut(hatch).

Boy done good.

No mammals spotted either yesterday

No beaver? πŸ™

Bunnyhop

Lol.

We took some fat balls and nuts to attract the tits,which seemed to work.

sharki

Shame that, but still a very sweet. And I’m sure you both got something out of it too.
    Not in the voyeuristic way, more of a awwww!

I hope no bugger ruins my peaceful day down at the hides to tomorrow.
    Luckily they are at the arse end of nowhere.
    I’ll be on the look out for raptors and waders.
    And with any luck, a few short eared owls will come out to say hello.

BillMC

I’ll be on the lookout for secretarybirds and shags.

Bunnyhop

I so need to know what the outcome was.

Premier Icon xherbivorex
    Subscriber

i laughed.
    and got asked what i was laughing at, since i’m at work (and laughing is prohibited)…

allthegear

Do we know the outcome – did she say yes????

Rachel

Bunnyhop

Rachel – I really have to know, however am too embarrassed to find him and ask because of the nasty niff Mr BH left, so will go back when we have a disguise.

will it take long to grow a beard?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘So romantic until…..’ is closed to new replies.