So now we know exactly who the good immigrants are…

• This topic has 49 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by  edlong.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • So now we know exactly who the good immigrants are…
  • Murray

My mum’s a bad immigrant. Born and grew up in India, came to the UK in 1947.

Premier Icon oldnpastit
    Subscriber

How bad does a non-immigrant have to be before the accident of their birth is overcome and they are sent away from the country, e.g. to Rockall?

Does messing up the country with a pointless and destructive referendum get you into that category?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Are the Indian doctors NHS trusts were recruiting, but who have been denied visas, an example of people who might be “good immigrants’?

Wrong colour, I’m afraid

So the UKBA is being used as a tool to meet net migration targets, though they are far away from meeting the target. They couldn’t pick on European citizens so they went for the soft targets. “Go back home and apply for a visa from there” The folk with money employ a lawyer those without go or are stuck in a detention centre.

So is this how we want society to be? The policy is obviously lacking morals and is not well though out economically. If you apply for a work visa now you need to earn something like £70k to get in. How do we get a curry chef over from India?

We need to keep the spotlight on this to force change.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Where does Schrodinger’s Immigrant paradox fall into all of this, and could it help find the true “bad immigrant”?

The concept that immigrants exist in a state of both lazing around on benefits whilst simultaneously being out there stealing British jobs.

Edit, too slow, just seen Pyro mentioned this earlier in the thread.

Premier Icon aracer

edlong wrote:

IIRC no post war government has been elected with a majority of votes cast. I’ve a niggling doubt on that, perhaps, there was one (1945 Labour victory?) but I can’t be bothered to check right now and my point still stands – certainly no recent Conservative government has been elected with a majority of votes cast. (Nor Labour, but your point was that the majority of people voted Conservative, which is simply not the case).

I enjoy election pedantry, but you’re right, the closest to a majority of votes post war was in 1955 when the Tories got 49.7% (Labour in 1945 only managed 47.7%) – though that includes National Liberals and UUP who took the Tory whip.

stevextc

Where does Schrodinger’s Immigrant paradox fall into all of this, and could it help find the true “bad immigrant”?

The concept that immigrants exist in a state of both lazing around on benefits whilst simultaneously being out there stealing British jobs.

and every time you observe on it changes state …

Edit, too slow, just seen Pyro mentioned this earlier in the thread.

It’s worth raising this multiple times!

This is the paradox that wasn’t to the Brexit campaign.

There are places with many unemployed immigrants .. and there are places where most immigrants are employed.

The former is largely a failing of how the UK has handled immigration and if not enforced certainly aided the creation of ghetto’s.

Meanwhile .. I was born in the UK but I spent half my working life outside the UK… I know lots of immigrants who are more British than I am in all practical terms.

Looking from the outside the UK has a ridiculously non-sustainble system.

We take for granted that we can turn on a light or tap… but we don’t think what that costs.  Of course I think that this is wonderful.. but we need to understand this doesn’t just happen.  As a nation we have to PAY.

In the larger context there seem to be plenty of people on NMW who take for granted satellite TV, smartphones and buying a £3 coffee.  Take the last one… how much can the person making the coffee be paid if we expect someone on NMW can afford one in a fancy coffee place?  Somehow the underclass seems to want a under-underclass to serve their coffee and make their sandwiches etc. then they turn around and say they can’t find a job because the (immigrants) serving their coffee took THEIR job.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Another thing this typically contemptuous Tory nastiness has highlighted (as if we didn’t know it full-well already) is that when they said there were ‘no targets’, they didn’t actually mean were were no targets, as such. We shouldn’t take that literally, obviously. There are targets, but its just that they referred to them as ‘internal performance management’ instead, so technically they weren’t actual targets.

So I think is fair to assume than when they also say there are ‘no targets’ for sanctioning benefit claimants, or removing peoples disability classification, its equally as believable

They really are a shower of utter ****s!!!

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

kelvin wrote,

Are the Indian doctors NHS trusts were recruiting, but who have been denied visas, an example of people who might be “good immigrants’?

</div>
    self-evidently not. Neither are the funny-coloured students that we recruit, who then get turned away by the ATAS scheme, not because they’ve failed their application for clearance but because they just never got a decision in the timescales promised, and so couldn’t get a visa in place in time to travel.

edlong

The “no targets” thing, it now turns out, goes in the same basket as “no needles” and “I did not have sexual relations with that woman”

By which I mean, a lie. Not a mistake, not a statement made in ignorance of the facts, but a lie, told by someone who knew it was a lie when they said it. AKA “a liar”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/27/amber-rudd-was-told-about-migrant-removal-targets-leak-reveals?CMP=share_btn_tw

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘So now we know exactly who the good immigrants are…’ is closed to new replies.