Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • So nobody watched the Breaking Bad finale then . ? (MAY CONTAINSPOILERS)
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Fantastic finale with some top drawer acting from Walt and Skylar and all the loose ends tye’d up. I’m gonna miss this show and may even have ousted the Sopranos and The Wire from my favourite programs.

What’s your views ‘Bitches’.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Just finished it. Satisfying finale to a brilliant show.

As far as I’m concerned, that’s the end of television.

Dark-Side

Was a good final episode I thought. I was worried it would be too sensational, but the end befitted the best TV program I’ve watched in many a year. Got quite emotional in parts.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C53QAuOoSgc[/video]

petefromearth

Amazing finale, didn’t disappoint

I’m actually wondering what to do with the rest of my life

Best I’ve come up with so far is to start again from season 1!

Dark-Side

I’m thinking the same. I’m currently trying to convince my wife to watch it, just so I can start over.

DavidB
    Free Member

Let’s just salute the car boot 😉

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Exactly the ending I wanted, Jesse survives, Walt gets his money to the family, I shed a little tear.

stanfree
    Free Member

Anybody get the significance of the watch left at the garage , I thought he was paying for the gas as the garage was closed . Seems it was a gift from Jessie earlier in the seasons when they made it big and this was Walt getting ready to deal with Jessie.
    Really hope there is a ‘Saul Goodwin’ spin off in the making.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Anybody get the significance of the watch left at the garage

End of time maybe?

By sheer fluke I started watching this series about a month ago and worked my way through to the penultimate episode on Saturday without realising that the show was about to conclude!

Have thoroughly enjoyed it following what was a shaky start. It seemed a bit cheaply made to begin with, but the writers really got into their stride after the first season. Excellent show.

Dark-Side

Wasn’t it a birthday present from Jesse? I think it was to pay for gas, with the subtext being he would rather pay with the watch than with the cash for his kids, as the watch was now worthless to him in a sentimental context. I think it was to keep you guessing whether he planned to kill Jesse or save his life. I’m not sure even Walt knew until he got his car keys back…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A great finale to a great series and I was so glad to see Pinkman ‘win’. I saw the significance of him carving the box was that he was a nice guy deep down but easily led, and he’d been lead in all the wrong directions.

stanfree
    Free Member

Im obsessed with BB and have read every link on Twitter today I think , seemingly the camera man filming the Walt and Skylar scene had to stop as he couldn’t focus for tears whilst filming. There is also an additional scene to go on the Dvd where Walt is recognised by an old school student who he buys off but cant resist asking “Was I a good teacher”.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

And I think it was Walt’s plan to bust in and save Jesse as it was the only thing left he could make amends for, everything else was too far gone, I think he decided he had to do that when he was watching the TV in the bar.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

OK – fact fans…

BB ran to 62 episodes.

Element no. 62, Samarium, has a radio-isotope (Samarium-153) which is the beta-emitter in the drug Samarium (153Sm) lexidronam. Used to treat lung cancer when administered intraveneously.

prawny

I’m thinking the same. I’m currently trying to convince my wife to watch it, just so I can start over.

This is my plan too, the wife has expressed interest, not that I really care, I’ll watch it without her if she changes her mind.

My favourite tv show ever, and a perfect finale.

Dark-Side

schrickvr6 – Member
    And I think it was Walt’s plan to bust in and save Jesse as it was the only thing left he could make amends for, everything else was too far gone, I think he decided he had to do that when he was watching the TV in the bar.

That isn’t feasible unfortunately, he only realised Jesse was still alive when he found out the meth was still being cooked to Heisenberg standards.

stanfree
    Free Member

Yup I think the hardest decision for me would be placing The Wire , The Sopranos and Breaking Bad in an order of Awesomness.
    The final Sopranos scene was IMO brilliant and seems the ending is now even better after the sad demise of James Gandolfini.
    The finale Wire episode has the best final 5 minutes of any show despite season 5 being a bit shite , the scene with Bubbles coming upstairs to eat with his sister and Micheal becoming Marlon was brilliant.
    The finale BB as you have seen was sublime.

If I was pushed I’d rate .
    The Wire
    Breaking Bad
    The Sopranos.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Ah poop you’re right, then I guess he was just going to make them all pay, and end the Heisenberg legacy right there.

argee

I think he was taking responsibility in the end, not keeping up the line about it all being for his family, instead owning up to it being because he liked it, and when he saw Jessie in the end he knew it was his fault for a lot of things, and dived on him to save him and make amends with the bit about him wanting it.

It’s sad that it’s over though, hopefully something else comes along soon.

wrecker
    Free Member

Brian Cranston is simply fantastic. Who’d have thought Malcolm’s dad was such a talent?
    You just knew Walt was going to kill jack and co. he’s seen off the lunatic, the brothers, gus, hank. He was always going to see that lot off.
    Sad to see it end. Truly a masterpiece.

petefromearth
    IanW
    Free Member

Brilliant TV…as above

The Wire
    Breaking Bad
    …All the rest

Fwiw I thought the best scene was him explaining himself to Skyler..and how soon before we hear that name shouted across the supermarket isles?

stewartc
    Free Member

Am I the only one who got a little bit of glee from Lydia’s demise?
    Sad to see this series go, but also glad that there are still some high quality TV out there to watch, here to the Saul spin-off.

yorlin
    Free Member

The bit with the dinosaur was a bit much I thought.

_tom_
    Free Member

Absolutely brilliant series, definitely my favourite thing on tv. I’ve never been able to get into The Wire despite watching the first season god knows how many times.

peterfile
    Free Member

Genuinely sad that i’ll never get to watch that for the first time again.

Dark-Side

Fwiw I thought the best scene was him explaining himself to Skyler..and how soon before we hear that name shouted across the supermarket isles?

Already happened, a US based colleague has just given birth and has named her daughter Skylar. Breaking Bad was the inspiration too, I bet the kid will be thrilled when she is older and finds that out.

dazh

I may be grasping at straws, but I can’t help think that they’ve left it open to being resurrected at some point in the future, seeing as it never showed WW actually being dead. In a lot of respects I hope not. I think it’s finished just at the right time, at the peak of its popularity. I’m still amazed/disgusted that it’s never been shown on any mainstream channel in its entirety here in the UK.

I’m tempted to watch it again but I’ve already watched every season about 3 times apart from this one. Season 4 was the best. Season 5 wasn’t long enough I thought and had too much going on too quickly.

WackoAK
    Free Member

The only thread that was left hanging…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Sons of Anarchy
    Vikings

These shall soften the lack of BB agony.

Personally, I think BB went on 8 episodes too far. The mid season break where Hank found the book whilst dropping the kids off was a perfect ending to the story.

I also had a hunch that Jr (or at least Skylar) was going to take up the mantle of Heisenberg – a bit gutted that didnt develop

STL

According to the Q&A show after the finale BB aired this was a continuity requirement. They filmed the first episode in the diner with Walt and his 52nd birthday bacon much earlier than the finale and he wasn’t wearing the watch. With eagle eyed viewers they felt they needed to acknowledge this in the final episode with the watch-leaving scene. Kinda boring reason really!

BoardinBob

The watch thing is a continuity error. Apparently he didn’t have it on in the flashforward scenes at the start of season 5 so they had to build in a plot mechanism to remove it so the pedants wouldn’t point it out.

An awesome finale. I watched it twice yesterday. The first time I picked up on a few subtle points but the second time revealed so much more. It couldn’t have ended any better. Despite hating Walt after he killed Mike, he redeemed himself fully at the end. Even the lyrics of Baby Blue were absolutely perfect…

Guess I got what I deserve
    Kept you waiting there, too long my love
    All that time, without a word
    Didn’t know you’d think, that I’d forget, or I’d regret

The special love I have for you
    My baby blue

That’ll surpass Don’t Stop Believin’ as the best final song ever.

BoardinBob

The watch thing is a continuity error. Apparently he didn’t have it on in the flashforward scenes at the start of season 5 so they had to build in a plot mechanism to remove it so the pedants wouldn’t point it out.

An awesome finale. I watched it twice yesterday. The first time I picked up on a few subtle points but the second time revealed so much more. It couldn’t have ended any better. Despite hating Walt after he killed Mike, he redeemed himself fully at the end. Even the lyrics of Baby Blue were absolutely perfect…

Guess I got what I deserve
    Kept you waiting there, too long my love
    All that time, without a word
    Didn’t know you’d think, that I’d forget, or I’d regret

The special love I have for you
    My baby blue

That’ll surpass Don’t Stop Believin’ as the best final song ever.

dazh

The mid season break where Hank found the book whilst dropping the kids off was a perfect ending to the story.

You mean a perfect way to p*ss off all the fans and viewers! I couldn’t imagine anything worse.

peterfile
    Free Member

You mean a perfect way to p*ss off all the fans and viewers! I couldn’t imagine anything worse.

+1

When I saw that episode, I thought “holy shit, here we go!”. Really put the hairs up on my neck and made me excited about the carnage that was undoubtedly about to follow 🙂

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Dammit, I wish this hadn’t finished!

I wouldn’t want it to drag on though and the storeys to suffer so I guess it was the right time. I don’t know if my wife could have taken much more anyway, she gets way too invested in the characters so it was getting to her a bit! Doesn’t help that Sons of Anarchy are having a pretty trying time too.

slimjim78
    Free Member

You serious?

Walt reconciling with his family to some degree, recovering (supposedly) and getting out of the business, Hank recovering – but left in a new turmoil over what to do with his discovery..

Leaving some to the imagination works wonders for me, different strokes I guess.

wrecker
    Free Member

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BETTER CALL SAUL!!!!

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BETTER CALL SAUL!!!!

Yeah perhaps. It could be good, the writers know their stuff it seems. It will be shame not have Jesse in it though. Hopefully they create some other awesome characters.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘So nobody watched the Breaking Bad finale then . ? (MAY CONTAINSPOILERS)’ is closed to new replies.