Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • So, my girlfriend left me
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

😆

pinches
    Free Member

Ha! TLR – Helius AC indeed (or, carbon crisis bike)

I’m 25. Can relate to what you’re saying mind.

potentially been offered a very good internship for the summer, so hopefully that will pan out nicely (and i’ll get a load of riding done, and sort my rally car out!)

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

As people have said keep yourself busy busy busy. We’ve all been there and it’s the grieving cycle. Wrap your arms around a bike and take it for many a spin, there’s a lot of counselling within riding a bike and clearing your mind of the nitty gritty detail will make it easier to face the decisions you are facing.

Basics first, accommodation for you and your stuff, then move in, living on your own is very empowering, being self sufficient and knowing you can be when sh1t hits the fan makes you more confident you can survive.

Then get that MA finished in peace and get a good job… And just ride ride oh and ride! It’s good to clear your head.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pinches, a let me give you critique of the situation (See what I did there? Critique, geddit? Oh go on, it’s been an age since we had a good critique……)

OK, so it’s over, but at the least it’s over before you have too many commitments (Children/house/pets etc).

Best of luck old chap, and chin up, eh?

trailertrash

@OP – from what you say it sounds like she was having doubts for some time but was too weak/kind/cared for you too much to actually do the deed. She has now done you a favour by ending it and won’t be wasting any more of your time.

brooess
    Free Member

Happened to me many years ago. Started to do all the things I’d always wanted to do with my life and never looked back. Had a blast.
    Throw yourself at all the things that make you happy, and as has been said, time will sort it all out and at least you now know the truth…

Oh, and you’ll get dead good at riding if you ride all the time 🙂

edhornby

so now single again and in university halls…. 😀

Trampus
    Free Member

Don’t give them names! 🙄

Hope things work out for you mate. Many people will be able to give you stories of overcoming heartbreak, my break-up prompted some world travel and meeting my now wife. Much happier now then I ever was back then.

alfagtv1969
    Free Member

One tiny bit of advice….Don’t get hammered and then call said departee late at night, in tears, begging her to come back. Losing your dignity this way only make it worse. Trust me…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

I broke up over Xmas. Currently happier, having spent £1-2K on 3 new bikes and a heap of running and camping kit.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I broke up over Xmas

TJ will be back, don’t fret. 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

so now single again and in university halls….

😀 +1 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

😀

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that man. I hope you can find some comfort somewhere and move on to a better life.

My ex left me then came back, then left me then came back then left me again, this went on and on and I thought I would never be free from the shackles of this “bad romance” till I found out he was seeing many different women up and down the UK….I realise now I should never have given it a second chance, never mind a third, fourth, fifth, etc.

I know it hurts, but I learned what is for you won’t go by you, and I am sure one day you will be able to look back and see the pain in a different light. Be safe.

HUG

xiphon
    Free Member

plenty more fish in the sea.

hora
    Free Member

25 is good. If you can say good.

If you said ’40’s’ it’d be a different spin on things.

Go out, rediscover friends (we always push them aside don’t we?).

McHamish
    Free Member

so now single again and in university halls….

You, student halls…what were they thinking?

pinches
    Free Member

i think a crisis bike purchase is probably on the cards. Having said that i’ve buried my head in my rally car i started building 7yrs ago and stopped when we met pretty much – suddenly it looks like the car should be finished by the end of the year and i’ll be able to use it over the summer.

I really appreciate some of the comments, and other peoples experiences are helping loads, Thanks STW

derp
    Free Member

TJ will be back, don’t fret.

Genuine lol.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

McHamish, he’s not that much of a looker, sadly! 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘So, my girlfriend left me’ is closed to new replies.