Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • So my dad passed away in hospital last night
  • Northwind

He’d been going through chemo for lung and lymph cancer and it was all going ridiculously well, but of course chemo knackers your immune system and he was almost 80… So he contracted a chest infection which proved resistant to the antibiotics. Went into hospital about 2 weeks ago, 3 days ago we were told to start thinking about the possibility he wasn’t coming home, then he rallied a bit and we all calmed down… Took my mum in to visit him yesterday afternoon, he passed away peacefully in his sleep at 2am- heart just quietly stopped.

Anyway, I am not fishing for sympathy or anything, I just wanted to explain why I’m probably going to be a total **** to everyone on here. Especially YOU.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGP6bHpWcAAIh1J.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGP6bHpWcAAIh1J.jpg

dirkpitt74

Please accept my condolences.

kelvin

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts with you and yours.

drewd

Sorry for your loss Northwind

gordimhor

Really sorry to hear that Northwind.

redthunder
    Free Member

🙁 My thoughts are there for you.

breadcrumb

That’s shit, sorry for your loss.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this, Northwind. Will raise a glass later.

bigblackshed

Sorry to hear, Northwind.

SaxonRider

My sincere sympathies, @Northwind.

It’s always hard, but he wasn’t even very old.

I am deeply sorry to read this.

qtip

Sorry for your loss fella.

Alphabet

Sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Shackleton

Sorry to hear this, I hope you mum is OK too.

doomanic

Sorry to hear this. Remember him for the good times.

infidel
    Free Member

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and melt into the sun,
    And what is it to cease breathing but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand to seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
    And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
    And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

– my condolences Northwind.

scaredypants

It’s never going to be nice, and I’ve got a pair of frail parents in the frame

Right now I’d settle for “peacefully in his/her sleep after a nice visit with me and mum/dad”

Condolences to you, your mum and all those who loved your dad

chewkw
    Free Member

Sorry to hear your loss.

kayla1
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss x

slackboy

My thoughts are with you, just over a year since I lost my mum to cancer.

salad_dodger

So sorry to hear your news Northwind.

aide

My condolences Northwind, lost my dad last year. Liking the mint sauce strip

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sad news indeed…

AD

Sorry to hear that Northwind – great cartoon choice.

reluctantjumper

Really sorry to read that Northwind, I can’t imagine what it feels like as I still have both parents.

Currently watching my dad like a hawk as he’s going through chemo at 80, horrible to see them get weak. I think almost all sons see their dads as invincible as they grow up so to see that image tarnished is tough. That’s my absolute favourite Mint Sauce cartoon as it perfectly sums up the best gift my dad ever gave to me: the freedom of riding a bike. So many details that sum up the father/son bond perfectly for me.

Condolences to you and your family.

Klunk
    Free Member

condolences Northwind.

Futureboy77

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for posting that Mint Sauce cartoon. My dad was the reason for my love of bikes and I let that slide after his passing. The cartoon and a conversation at a family funeral last week are the inspiration I need to get my finger out again.

Houns

Bah, all the best Northwind

muggomagic

Hi Northwind, you have my deepest sympathies. My dad died on 21st Dec 2017 and it feels like it happened yesterday as I have still not gotten over losing him. Take care and look after yourself and those close to you.

bearnecessities

Sincere condolences to you and your Mum / family.

Happy to be the first person you decide to be a *** to; think of it as public service for others 🙂

gnusmas

Really sorry to hear that, sincerest condolences to you and the family.
    If you need or want a chat or anything please send me a message.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Sorry to hear your loss.

nickc

Ah that sucks. Sorry to hear that Northind, you have my sympathies

midlifecrashes

So sorry, Northwind.

Sometimes an illness gets you, sometimes it’s the long winding down. A peaceful slipping away is a great thing too, we’d all hope for that. My dad slipped away early Saturday morning, and after a long struggle we feel both sadness and a weight lifted, for him too, at he end. Still, more time for dusting, seems to be loads around in here typing that. Hugs to all.

pondo

So sorry, thinking of you and yours. 🙁

epicyclo

Sorry to hear that.
    My condolences.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well from how you put yourself across on here I’d say you were a great credit to him. Condolences.

ton

life is shit sometimes northwind.
    but remember the good times with your dad.

senorj

Sorry about your loss.
    It is shit.

ian-r

NW and MLC
    My Dad died 20 odd years ago. Still think about him daily. Mostly brings a smile to my face thinking about his life and what he meant to me. First time I saw that mint cartoon after he died I fell apart but now it’s a thing I remember him by.
    Best wishes to both of you. Talk to your families about your dad and the good times. Laugh about the good times and cry about your loss but remember his life not his passing.

DavidB
    Free Member

Northwind, my Dad went in February this year. I was with him when he went, it was tough. My condolences. Strangely I feel closer to him now he has gone. It’s like the ill Dad has gone for good leaving the great memories of Dad in his place.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘So my dad passed away in hospital last night’ is closed to new replies.