Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • So my boy's started spitting :/
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

year 2 boy lost a tooth

see? Compared to that, spitting is a lesser issue

crapjumper
    Free Member

I spat at my grandad when I was about 6 or 7 . He just dragged the biggest greenie up from his boots and gobbed it right in my face . It had the desired effect and I never spat at anyone again . 😆

unovolo
    Free Member

Wee in his shoes, see what he thinks of that.

CountZero

I spat at my grandad when I was about 6 or 7 . He just dragged the biggest greenie up from his boots and gobbed it right in my face . It had the desired effect and I never spat at anyone again.

I threw a tantrum because I didn’t want to go to bed one evening and kicked my mum when half way up the stairs, so she kicked me back, hard! Never did it again.
    I was around five or so, I guess.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

What is “time out”? Do you have kids? Time out, naughty step, stand in the corner. Still there?

Calm down, no need to be rude about it 😉

I probably could have worded it better but I know what time out is and was only asking what it was in this situation, ie what method you used as it came across like he’d been locked up or something 😆 And I do have children.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I spat at my grandad when I was about 6 or 7 . He just dragged the biggest greenie up from his boots and gobbed it right in my face . It had the desired effect and I never spat at anyone again.

I had the same experience, when I was about 8. I never spat at anyone again, not for 15 years, by then my grandad was old and frail and I hawked the biggest flemball straight into his eye, then I knocked him down, sat on his head and farted. It really worked though, he never spat at me again

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

When Mrs M first started teaching, the old head found a boy spitting in the corridor so she frog marched him to a bin and informed him that as he liked spitting so much he could do it 100 times into the bin. He never did it again.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Was that really you Ming?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So I’m taking him to footy today and we’re going to have a chat with the boy who punched him (and his Dad who was apparently angry his boy was spat at). Let’s hope he’s a reasonable chap who’s open to discussion. If not guess I’ll just punch him in the belly, or spit in his face (obvs while little aphex isn’t watching…. hehe)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

I threw a tantrum because I didn’t want to go to bed one evening and kicked my mum when half way up the stairs, so she kicked me back, hard! Never did it again.
    I was around five or so, I guess.

I punched my mom in the face when I was five as she read “feeee fiiiii fooo fum” as a bed time story. Scared the crap outta me so I punched her. She didn’t do it again.

crankboy
    Free Member

How did the show down go OP? Rereading this I still don’t get why the puncher appears blame free in this ? Surely the spitting equates to all the parental respinces that everyone claims work so well in deteriorating abhorrent behaviour.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Well it didn’t. He apologized to the guy who runs it. There were about 6 kids there. I did t get chance to find out who hit him but I heard the lads mom was on the phone flapping g her gums.

Unfortunately some lad tackled him so he picked up the ball and sat in goal and refused to play. Needless to say he was removed and returned to the car.

I think he’s just got a bit much on. He’s been at school 5 days a week for three weeks now and adding in extra activities just bad timing right now. I think im expecting too much from a five year old.

crankboy
    Free Member

My kid is 5 1/2 and would struggle with football , too much losing and not being in control for him to take on board. Notwithstanding my pacifism and concerns re behaviour we are sending him to kick boxing his class focusses very much on fitness and self control , he really enjoys it . my impression is that football focuses on goal scoring which results in sulking and disinterest if you can’t do it whereas the kick boxing is about learning the techniques as an individual and fitness games so achievement is less competitive.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I have thought about a martial art. He already has swimming class on a Thursday, just started 5 days a week at school. I think perhaps we’re pushing him into too many things so we’re gonna hold back on the football. Plus, it’s not football here it’s soccer and I wince every time I hear that word (and I’m not even a huge football fan!).

I think he’d do well at judo or BJJ but maybe 6 months or so’s time. I think the whole 3/2 days to 5/5 days at school is a lot to deal with.

funkmasterp

What does he show an interest in?

km79
    Free Member

From Wiki,

‘There are some places where spitting is a competitive sport, with or without a projectile in the mouth. For example, there is a Guinness World Record for cherry pit spitting and cricket spitting, and there are world championships in Kudu dung spitting.’

Maybe the boy has talent.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member
    What does he show an interest in?

At the moment… Transformers. He’s sussed the PS3, and how to get into YouTube. One morning he got up and was watching unboxing vids of Transformer toys. How did he do this? Copied the word TRANSFORMER off one of his boxes into the YouTube search.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

km79 – Member

Maybe the boy has talent.

2 foot away, gobbed in a kid’s eye. There’s prizes for this? 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘So my boy's started spitting :/’ is closed to new replies.