Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • So, Loki then…
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. Think I’ll stick with it for a few to see where it’s going.
    Anyone else in?

chomp
    Free Member

Thought it explained the TVA and set up the rest of the series quite well

Paul-B

I liked it, look forward to seeing where it goes

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    akira

First episode so bit setting up heavy but definitely got potential. Presumably there will be some cameos in it.

mogrim

Planning on watching the first episode tonight, trailers looked entertaining enough and I’m not particularly demanding when it comes to superhero stuff 🙂

Kryton57

Wait, what’s this? Is this the Norse god Loki?

ayjaydoubleyou

Is this the Norse god Loki?

God of mischief, son of Odin and all that, yes.

Owen Wilson has aged somewhat hasn’t he. Wow.

Kryton57

Ah cool, Disney+ or?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Disney+

martinhutch

Although unless you’ve watched most of the Marvel movies, there may be some slightly confusing plot elements 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s doing all those hard-hitting Sofology adverts that has aged him.

thols2

I’ll be watching it tonight, daughter has been waiting for it. WandaVision was mostly pretty good, let down by a predictable finale. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was tolerable, pretty average Marvel action driven plot, the racial justice stuff was too clunky to work. I’m hoping Loki will stick with the fun side of things.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Yup, I’m in. Enjoyed the first one last night. Looking forward to where it takes us.

jimdubleyou

It’s doing all those hard-hitting Sofology adverts that has aged him.

I was going to say, he’s obviously been spending all his sofa money on C&H 🤣🤣🤣

johndoh
    Free Member

HAH! That too 🙂

northernmatt

Scrolling past all the comments so far in case of spoilers.

Question: can I watch Loki without being fully up to speed on everything else in the MCU? Last film I watched was Avengers and I haven’t seen any of the series.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Question: can I watch Loki without being fully up to speed on everything else in the MCU? Last film I watched was Avengers and I haven’t seen any of the series.

Probably, the first episode does a fair job of setting the scene. If it was me though I’d be tempted to watch the movies whilst waiting for the series to be all available. Though I have been enjoying weekly releases these days rather than the binge. Do both? If you have Disney+ I think you can watch the movies with Loki in them as an option at the moment.

identitizombie

I’m not sure if this is in part just because of his character. He mentions time works differently in the TVA and they were essentially created by the Time Keepers to do the job. Could be reading too much into it, or he could just be getting older. But hey, aren’t we all.. ha.

I enjoyed the first one. Don’t want to say too much obviously as spoilers and whatnot. Have really been enjoying the series’ so far. WandaVision was great.

Also giggled at the Wow in above.. I said it in Owen’s voice.

BillOddie

I enjoyed it, it did as others said set the scene quite nicely.

I suspect Phase 4 of the MCU is going lean into the Multiverse bits of Marvel lore pretty heavily!

rossburton
    Free Member

Phase 4 definitely is leaning into multiverse considering the subtitle of Dr Strange 2 is “multiverse of madness”. That suggests to me that the attempts to unify the multiple timelines in Loki doesn’t quite go to plan…

zilog6128

Wait, what’s this? Is this the Norse god Loki?

sadly not, that would be quite interesting – it’s the Marvel character based on the Norse god Loki, so just more silly nonsense 😉 Potentially entertaining though.

Drac

Well that was interesting. It’s as I thought from the trailer Quantum Loki.

sadly not, that would be quite interesting – it’s the Marvel character <em class=”bbcode-em”>based on the Norse god Loki, so just more silly nonsense

Yeah. He’s unlikely to be turn into a mare and get **** by another horse, should still be entertaining.

citizenlee
    Free Member

Heroin from what I’ve read, and it was Steve Coogan that got him hooked apparently!

ayjaydoubleyou

Also giggled at the Wow in above.. I said it in Owen’s voice.

glad someone got it

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Heroin from what I’ve read, and it was Steve Coogan that got him hooked apparently!

A Partridge Amongst The Pharmaceuticals.

It’s just a title.

mogrim

I enjoyed it: it was much as I expected, light entertainment. A big-budget Doctor Who sort of thing. Nothing too intellectually demanding, nice bit of humour, hope the next 5 episodes keep it up.

oikeith

Enjoyed the first two episodes, but this weeks not so much, was surprised in finished where it did, but still gonna keep going with it

monkeyboyjc

So much better than the winter soldier – this week’s episode was great.

rone

Given it 2 EPs. Another dull Disney spin-off loaded with hype.

Clunky and over written, and shades of Dr Who in a bad way.

Drac

Enjoying so far especially the music. Seems to be the TVA may not be what they think they are.

Thankfully better than Dr Who.

yetidave
    Free Member

drunk god sings in a bar. lol

julians
    Free Member

Clunky and over written, and shades of Dr Who in a bad way.

yep this weeks episode was very doctor who – in a bad way.

joefm

Enjoying this.

I thought Loki was his name. Or is he a Loki? So there can be other Loki’s?

Klunk
    Free Member

show ’bout time travel filmed in a disused open cast mine….

thols2

It’s entertaining. Pretty silly, but fun.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’m enjoying this.

stumpyjon

Yeah good tonight.

tomparkin

I reckon so. I’ve watched all the MCU stuff because of 2020 and I still couldn’t remember what the hell was supposed going on at the start of Loki!
    Best bet is to take the scene-setting with a pinch of salt and settle down for the ride 🙂

I’ve enjoyed the first three episodes. Better than WandaVision for me so far, and I gave up on Winter Soldier because it was just a bit dull.

BenjiM

I’ve enjoyed the first three episodes but I can’t help thinking that the set design of the TVA is very, very Fallout, right down to the display on the VDU’s.

BillOddie

Lady Siff… :hearts for eyes:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘So, Loki then…’ is closed to new replies.