Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • So, John Terry – lifetime ban?
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

White naghty word or black naughty word I was under the impressio both were racist, only in this country more people are going to be sensitive about the latter, in other countries it may be the other way round. Both are perjoratives that imply your colour has some bearing on why you are being abused.

+1.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Prob been done in this thread but what I can’t understand is…

has Anton Ferdinand said JT called me a ‘Black C-unit’? It’s not mentioned in the media.

It looked like JT said ‘Black C-unit’ and ‘bellend’ or ‘nob’ead’ I think but during that outburst Ashley Cole walks past so…

has Ashley Cole said JT shouted ‘Black C-unit’ at Anton Ferdinand? Surely Ashley, who was a target for racial abuse during the Spain v England match would have turned round and said something???

MSP

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Ashley Cole is washing his hands of the affair, unable to support JT’s side of events but not willing to stir up matters within Chelsea he’s doing a Wenger and said he didn’t hear or see anything.

curlie467
    Free Member

I dont think he says black, it looks like he says blind, watch it over a couple of times, his mouth is wrong at the end of the word and it looks like his tongue moves to form the d at the end of the word.

Not that i wouldnt want the twot banned though, cant friggin stand him!

roper
    Free Member

It looked like JT said ‘Black C-unit’

Black cancer unit?
    so he’s in favour of Apartheid too? jeeebus, what a swine.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Terry himself has said he used the word ‘black’ rather than blind in that footage, although in a denial context. His version of events seems a bit dubious.

yossarian
    Free Member

Anyway, whatever the truth it’s nice to see John Terry squirm isn’t it.

England Captain? Bobby Moore would be turning in his grave.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Indeed.

spacemonkey

Let’s all laugh at the big man.

velocipede
    Free Member

I know what will happen….

PFA investigate all the evidence, PFA will support Terry in his defence and, hey presto, the very same PFA will recommend that he get’s let off…

…sound familiar?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Overpaid footballers buys his way out of trouble shocker

cheburashka
    Free Member

Good to see raw karma in action yesterday.

grum
    Free Member

England’s Brave John Terry – what a shame to see him make such a spectacular cock-up. What a guy.

binners

Well it seems like John Terry IS a role model after all. At least to the legions of meat-headed Chelski fans who seem to think that racist chanting is now the done thing.

Well done!!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Assuming he is subject to a fair hearing, in a proper career what he is alleged to have done would be gross misconduct. If I’d called a colleague the term JT is alleged to have used I’d be suspend first, investigated, and if guilty hauled in front of an NMC fitness to practice panel. I’d probably loose my nursing registration & therefore my job.

neil853
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered to read all the posts so here’s my two penneth worth.

The whole thing stinks. If he said what he said, why haven’t the players around them said anything? Becasause they’ve been told to keep quiet, if it came out that he’s actually said this (and I think he did) then this creates a huge problem, how do the FA deal with the England captain? A role model to millions of future footballers. I know there’s a split in opinion over how footballers should behave but it’s one thing enjoying a drink and cheating on your wife it’s another being a blatent racist in public on the football field. Now maybe my views are a little biased, i’m really not the biggest JT fan 🙄

spacemonkey

A role model to millions of future footballers.

IMO footballers (pro, semi-pro and amateur) don’t look up to the pros in the same way they did years ago. That is especially true of most England players, even more so someone like Terry, England captain or not.

People are fed up with the bling sub-realities that these people live in.

All the FA have to do is figure out if these allegations are true. If it’s proven that they are then they have to take the armband away and discipline him accordingly. Captain or not, he ain’t no role model.

neil853
    Free Member

Captain or not, he ain’t no role model

While I agree maybe for older people you can’t tell me there aren’t young lads running around wanting to be JT?

spacemonkey

While I agree maybe for older people you can’t tell me there aren’t young lads running around wanting to be JT?

Unfortunately most kids I know (friends’ sons etc) that play football are only interested in the lifestyle that being a footballer brings. And that includes even the really talented kids who’s parents think they might have a chance at trials etc. Sure, they might want to play for ‘their’ team, but ultimately they want to be rich and flash. Pretty sad really. None of them are put off by the wrong/seedy stuff exhibited by the likes of Terry/Cole/Giggs/Gerrard etc. In fact it often has the reverse effect and makes kids think they’re even more cool.

singletracksurfer

I (have to) take my boys to football training every weekend and they all copy the ‘pro’s’ in everything they do.

like you say sm, they & the parents are most interested in the money & lifestyle.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘So, John Terry – lifetime ban?’ is closed to new replies.