Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • So, John Terry – lifetime ban?
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

Assuming he’s found guilty.

warton
    Free Member

we can only hope. I would love to see that arrogant **** bought down a peg or two

KonaTC

Who is he and what has he supposed to have done?

carbon337
    Free Member

The video looked quite incriminating to me. I bet he gets off though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For a racist comment? Nope. Fine / suspension/ something like

highclimber
    Free Member

apparently his defence is that he can’t be a racist as he’s slept with Drogba’s wife!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s a wideo of this? Linky anyone?

wrecker
    Free Member

Crikey! Never expected to see language like that on the guardian website! 😯

steve_b77
    Free Member

Apparently he is proclaiming how Anton Ferdinand is not a Blind so & so

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No wideo on that link. 😕

EDIT: Sorry, there was no video on the mobile site. Talking out my arse again.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Fans can get banned from a club for the same thing, why shouldn’t the same standards be applied to Terry?

carbon337
    Free Member

The key part of the footage, where the England captain said he shouted “Oi, Anton, I never said …”, is obscured by Ashley Cole walking across the camera shot.

Aye aye whatever…

There is a video on there DD

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    mushrooms
    Free Member

I just watched it, maybe it’s ad blocked or not loading?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😳

See my I’m-an-idiot edit above.

grantway
    Free Member

warton – Member
    we can only hope. I would love to see that arrogant **** bought down a peg or two

Agree doubt you be seeing him trying that off the pitch.

Pieface

Whatever, he’s got a real stonker of a nose

bigsi
    Free Member

This is how its gonna play out –

Anton speaks to Warnock who in turn speaks to Chelsea.

Anton agrees not to press charges against Terry.

Anton moves to Chelsea at the end of the season for an massively over inflated transfer fee to boost the QPR coffers with a large increase in salary over what QPR pay him.

It’s a win win for all parties as Chelsea get to sweep it under the carpet by throwing money at it. QPR get a transfer price for Anton above his true value. Anton gets an increase in his earnings over the next 2,3 or 4 years.

Sadly money talks 🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Where are the folks to claim it’s not racist?

dokta
    Free Member

White c***t = OK
    Black c***t = Racist.

Explain?

Bois had a little slagging off match, get over it. I mean, I’m yellow should I run to mommy every time someone calls me f-g P***y or call police?

Honestly, I’m lost for words.

seven
    Free Member

any use of race in/as an insult is racist.

but for me the key point here is what CaptJon said

CaptJon – Member

Fans can get banned from a club for the same thing, why shouldn’t the same standards be applied to Terry?

Clubs/FA can’t have it both ways and not ban players no matter how well paid or good

Lifer
    Free Member

But it’s EBJT!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hmm, the video might look bad, but maybe that’s cos we’re imagining him saying what he’s reported as saying. What if we watched it without knowing the context? Would we be thinking the same thing?

I’d never defend a racist, and if he’s guilty then he should be sacked and banned (as should Luis Suarez who is facing a similar charge, and I’m a Liverpool fayn…).

Thing is though, no complaint has bin made by Anton Nerdifand as far as I know, just by ‘a member of the public via email’.

Unless other players (of both sides) come forward and say that they heard Terry say owt, which I can’t see happening, then this will undoubtedly blow over, regardless of what the police might have to say. Without audio you simply cannot prove anything at all.

Regarding the Suarez ‘incident’; again, I’d never defend a racist, but this situation is muddied somewhat by the fact that Evra has made allegations in the past, none of which have ever amounted to any action being taken. There’s no video evidence in this case, no ‘member of the public making an allegation’, no other players backing him up, just Evra’s word. Again, I’d be very surprised if that came to owt.

Nasty business though all of it. If the allegations are true, proven or otherwise, then that’s just wrong. If the allegations by Evra particularly are untrue, then that’s just as bad in my book.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Life time ban for performance enhancing drugs, not for calling somebody a black barstuward.

neilnevill
    Free Member

with Terry’s past behaviour exhibiting a resounding lack of respect, politeness or manners for others it is easy to assume he is guilty. I watch that video and feel sure he was being pretty badly behaved…probably far worse. I suspect it won’t be ‘proven’ though and he will get off. That is a shame. I’m sure I’m not the only one who likes football less and less these days aas so many top players display such awful behaviour.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Damn elf I might have to agree with you (both JT & Suarez)..but hey dont get carried away now ok..it may be a while before it happens again..

As for a lifetime ban? Spot the haterz..as the kids would say..

White c***t = OK
    Black c***t = Racist.

This is so true. Double standards abound in society today.

BenjiM

I watched that without knowing what he was “alleged to have said” and, frankly what I came up with matched what the Guardian came up with. I agree with CaptJohn and Wrecker.
    I’m not really into football. But I do see the news ocasionally and understand the whole “Kick racism out of football” thing. So, why should it be any different on the pitch than it is off it?

brakes
    Free Member

I think he says “you f****n bike c**t, f****n joplin”

spacemonkey

Saw this on Sunday. As much as I loathe “Big Man” Terry, I really don’t find anything conclusive in the evidence collated thus far. Would love to see the book thrown at him though. But the FA will likely bottle it, just like they did when Shearer had a touchline scrap (mid 90’s?) when England captain and got away with it. That really pissed me off.

I think this was it:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ[/video]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

White c***t = OK
    Black c***t = Racist.

Eh? What on Earth are you on about? 😕

5lab

i don’t see how ‘black c**t’ (if that’s what he said, not ‘blind c**t’) is in itself racist. If I said ‘northern c**t’ I wouldn’t consider that racist either. its just descriptive. Racism applies to discrimination. Whilst the language isn’t overly clever, it does not infer that someone believes someone else is ‘less able’ than someone else due to their race.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

i don’t see how ‘black c**t’ (if that’s what he said, not ‘blind c**t’) is in itself racist.

Well, there you go, eh?

Isn’t life strange…

Lifer
    Free Member

Stranger by the day.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its using “black” as an insult hence its racist

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Could he not just be banned for being crap? Watch the World Cup ‘highlights’ for all the evidence you’ll ever need.

theotherjonv

Black as a descriptive term in itself is not racist. My brother in law is from Antigua, and describes himself as black, so i do the same. Likewise the Music of Black origin (MOBO) is a self given term. Saying my BiL is black is no more racist than saying my ex Boss is welsh.

But, in the context of the clip (and let’s for now assume it is what was said) – yes that is racist even though it’s not discriminatory per se.

However, the fact is also true that to call someone a welsh C or a ginger C, while equally descriptive is not seen as being as offensive and that’s because of scores of years of oversensitivity to this issue.

also +1 for banning him for being a horrible man and an overated footballer.

theotherjonv

sorry – an edit based on re-reading

oversensitivity does not come across well. i don’t mean that the black white antagonism that exists still today in some sections of society have been overstated. I mean that there are still issues with using black as a descriptive term because some people are worried how it would come across. Little Britain had a character based on it, my mum’s the same. If she was in a crowded room of entirely white faces and my BiL and someone asked her which one was Tony she’d almost certainly try to pick him out without reference to the most distinguishing feature that would make it obvious, because to her using his skin colour to differentiate him in that scenario might be seen as racist.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

White c***t = OK
    Black c***t = Racist.

No it isn’t. It’s a power thing, relating to the subordinate relationship that black people have had with white people over hundreds of years. ‘Black’ resonates, it works as an insult because of the historical power balance in the relationship ‘white’ doesn’t mean dick as an insult, really.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

After all the threads on STW over the years are we now back at the point where we’re explaining to the unenlightened that there’s a difference between “White ***” and “Black ****”? Really?

*facepalms*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘So, John Terry – lifetime ban?’ is closed to new replies.