• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by joat.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So, I’ve never fitted a plaster ceiling rose. Any tips?
  • ac505
    Free Member

Apart from videoing for posterity and the inevitable crash to the floor, any tips on fitting a large (900mm) ceiling rose to a newly plastered ceiling? I’ve located a joist so can put a few screws in, and guessing coving adhesive will do the trick, however I am sure there are tricks of the trade that would be useful to know before I start… thnx!

bruneep

perchypanther
    Free Member

Apply coving adhesive, carefully press rose to ceiling, get someone to hold it whilst you screw a couple of timber straps to the two other timber straps that you’ve already screwed to the ceiling joists either side  of where the rose is to go.

The first set of straps should be  slightly thicker than the rose , these are to support the second set. The second set, which supports the rose should be protected by something soft, like a towel or suchlike,  to stop them marking the rose.

Once it’s on , leave it for a couple of days for the adhesive to cure properly, remove the straps and fill the screw holes.

Job jobbed.

ac505
    Free Member

Cheers. Once again. STW to the rescue

BigJohn

Some hot melt glue will help keep it in place until the adhesive sets.

kayak23

900mm ceiling rose? 😮

#humblebrag

timbog160

You are Carson from Downton Abbey and I claim my £5

joat

Move… To the 21st Century.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So, I’ve never fitted a plaster ceiling rose. Any tips?’ is closed to new replies.