Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • so, ive never been on a plane before . . . . .
  • rootes1

Yes, and the wings do flap around a lot. It’s by design. if it makes you feel any better if they were completely rigid they’d be ripped off.

take a ride in a glider then you will see wing flex!

TiRed

to be honest, upgrading isn’t normally an issue for me. but last time i flew economy, i was upgraded to world traveler plus. perhaps the silver card helped.

put a label INSIDE your luggage and don’t lock it unless you have a TSA specific lock. otherwise the TSA will cut off the lock and zipper to gain access.

Flaperon

one of the biggest disappoints is the lack of access to go and see the pilots on plane these days..

Went on a flight to malta just before 911 and my friend had never been on a plane and was freaking, but after a trip to the cockpit to see the pilots and look out of the front he was fine…

Should be no problems visiting with the plane on the ground – just remember to ask nicely!

globalti
    Free Member

A colleague of mine has just flown to New York and got upgraded to business both ways through this website: https://www.optiontown.com/

It worked well, they only paid an extra $100 or so each and the business class cabin was almost empty so plenty of other people could have upgraded. Unfortunately it only works for some less-known airlines.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Went on a flight to malta just before 911 and my friend had never been on a plane and was freaking, but after a trip to the cockpit to see the pilots and look out of the front he was fine…

Been lucky to fly in the jump seat many a time on flights due to work. It is a fantastic experience I wish I could recommend to anyone, either afraid of flying or not. Sadly never gonna happen these days after 9/11 etc.

Rio

otherwise the TSA will cut off the lock and zipper to gain access.

Shouldn’t be a problem if the OP’s going to Canada. Not necessarily a problem to the US either – I once got home, removed the non-TSA-approved padlock from my case, unzipped it and found the little note from the TSA inside saying they’d had a look at my stuff.

brakes
    Free Member

buy a big bottle of water in the airport and drink it whilst in flight.
    air conditioning on planes is harsh so it makes you feel better during and after the flight.

jools182
    Free Member

This might help

globalti
    Free Member

It’s not air conditioning; it’s the fact that the air is so cold at 32,000 feet that all the water has been frozen out of it and that dry air gets sucked into the cabin. The cabin air is compressed to a relative altitude of 10,000 feet, so it is still not capable of holding very much moisture.

spooky_b329

Is that why you still get ear popping…because from 10,000 feet to landing the cabin is unpressurised?

martymac

thanks for all the positive comments guys, does anyone have any experience of wearing contacts on a plane?
    i usually wear mine everywhere, even in the sauna with no problems and would prefer to keep them in as i cant see so well with the gregorys on.

TiRed

Never wear mine on the plane. The air is very dry.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘so, ive never been on a plane before . . . . .’ is closed to new replies.