Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 296 total)
  • So, I've just found out I too have cancer.
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

Great news, I’m sure it’s still going to be tough but sounds a hundred times better than your opening post.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Great news!
    I’m sat in a public place bawling my eyes out after reading this. I’ve been wanting to post since the OP but after losing Rachel a year ago I really don’t know how to handle stuff like this. Thanks for letting us know.
    All the best for the future.

roper
    Free Member

My thoughts are with all cancer victims. Stay strong and patient and keep going.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustyMac

**** brilliant news, just about to head to ARI myself but for happier reason, scan 2 for baby number 2.

Offer of any assistance we can give still stands from page 2.

Now away and kick it’s arse.

gozarch
    Free Member

Top news OP 😀
    Best of luck with the treatment.

leffeboy

Me too x1000. The most awesome of news. Stay strong

martinhutch

Yes! That’s fabulous news – now get stuck in and kick its arse.

tenfoot

All the best to you OP. Nice to hear positive news.

andykirk
    Free Member

That is such good news, it has even cheered me up as well!

My mum had stage IV cancer, and her count was off the scale, a late diagnosis. That was 10 years ago.

She still makes the best bacon rolls I have ever tasted.

tonyg2003

Great news – pretty rare Burkitt’s if you aren’t immuno-suppressed. Fingers crossed for your chemo!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Good news in the grand scheme… Just the small matter of getting through a bit of intensive chemo. Good luck

moreupsthandownz
    Free Member

Come late to this thread, Juan positive thoughts and as has been said by others above, sending you a man hug! 😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Excellent 🙂

ianpv
    Free Member

Great news, and good luck for the months ahead!

fatmax

Great stuff fella, and good luck with the treatment.

nickc

Good luck, I hope the treatment goes well.

annebr
    Free Member

Great News. Stay strong and fight it!

Sandwich

Good luck with the chemo. This too shall pass.

mudmuncher

That is absolutely great news!

Been thinking about your situation a fair amount since you first posted. It has certainly put my minor woes into perspective.

I can’t imagine how dreadful it must be to think your time is up, but it looks like there is now real hope and a good chance you can pull through this and live to see your daughter grow up.

Best wishes and good luck!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good news and best of luck with the treatment

muppet4
    Free Member

Juan
    You can beat this, it ain’t easy or pretty.
    My boy is coming up 5 in June, he has just passed 3 years with it with no sign of it disappearing soon, I find inspiration in him when I see every traumatic experience he goes through BUT he still gets up smiling on his little bike. Waffle I know, but you can beat this horrible thing.

**** CANCER

scaredypants

Great to hear there’s a plan for you now, OP – a massive upturn from the start of all this

interesting disease, too (viruses, malaria ‘n’shit)

I think you may have won today’s internet

craig24
    Free Member

Great news, something to focus on. Fight it and remember this is all temporary, you’ll get through this and life will be what it once was again 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

Nail it to the floor.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Good Luck Juan. Big love to you and your nearest (and to the other STWers facing challenging times)

teasel
    Free Member

Good news that it’s treatable, man. Reading that yesterday made my evening.

senorj

Good news.
    Best of luck with your treatment.

jeffl

That, in relative terms, is brilliant news. So happy for you.

strawman
    Free Member

Hope you and your family are doing well, keep that positive attitude going. God bless you all.

mark d
    Free Member

My thoughts are with you buddy.

juanking

Afternoon all.

Well was formally admitted to ARI last Wednesday and the treatment began Wednesday evening so no time was lost.

Thankfully now they understand actually what’s going on they were able to drain 11.5 litres of fluid from my abdomen which you can imagine made a huge almost instant difference. The chemotherapy is already in full swing and am almost half way through my first session. Fortunately I seem to be ok with the therapy being given and have had few side effects so am going to slug this out.

The consultants are fabulous and my consultant is of a similar age and outlook on life and wants me well and discharged back to normal life as soon as possible and expects nothing less.

In myself I feel fine and no different than I did previously which is one of the strange things with berkits (for some) by all accounts. Apparently it’s one of if not the fastest growing out there but because it’s so agressive it responds equally as well to treatment once identified.

The Welsh contingency left yesterday now that all seems to have stabilised so it will be good for them to get back to some sort of normality.

Soontobe Mrs King is still epic and an unwavering rock who is doing incredibly well under the circumstances. Our daughter Cerys is as always a constant source of joy, fun and emotion and our world.

The revised prognosis really does feel like we’ve won the best lottery ever and that is the only way I can explain it. It literally feels as if I have been granted a second chance by someone so the sense of relief, hope, future and all those normal things we take for granted will happen.

Thanks for all the kind wishes and thoughts they mean a great deal and beware the Aberdonians as once I’m back I’d love to finally meet you.

Thanks all.

John

thomthumb
    Free Member

Go ‘n boy. Smash it. 😀

tish
    Free Member

Nice one!

johndoh
    Free Member

Really, really happy to hear this – although it must be an unimaginably bad thing to have to go through, I can only believe it will help you become a better partner and dad as well as give you a better outlook on life and the future.

(Not that would have any reason to think you were not already, just being a bit kack-handed in trying to say what I mean)

All the best to you and yours.

wwaswas

Glad you’re making progress in the right direction and you’re feeling so positive about the future – must be a huge relief.

metalheart
    Free Member

Thanks for the update, sounds very, very promising.

I wish you all the best and continuing improvement.

Bet losing 11.5L was a relief!

neilthewheel

11.5 litres! That will do your power to weight ratio a favour. Keep on trucking!

strawman
    Free Member

Fantastic news. Great to hear from you.

cranberry
    Free Member

11.5 litres 😯

Instant diet. Treat yourself to a nice slice of cake.

🙂

funkmasterp

So glad to hear that the prognosis is good. Keep fighting and definitely get a slice of cake 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 296 total)

The topic ‘So, I've just found out I too have cancer.’ is closed to new replies.