Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • so I've just emptied my wallet…
  • alpin
    Free Member

Don’t know why but for whatever reason I felt like shit.

Today started well I quit a job u didn’t want to do. I fixed a friends bike.I went in to town to buy a hat, but had for beers instead. And whilst sitting there I watched the dredges of society/world walk by and felt this feeling of hatred rise up in me.
    Met the GF for a meal which I didn’t enjoy. It starts to train, like really piss it down.

On the ride home I see a guy with his sleeping bag in an underpass. I stopped, the GF continued. I emptied my wallet into the guy’s hands….. About. 36€,I think.

Don’t know why. Don’t feel any better for it.

Don’t even know why I’m bothering to tell you.

tinybits
    Free Member

It’s ok to shoot yourself.

northernmatt

I wonder how much special brew he’ll get with that €36

crikey
    Free Member

Count your blessings.
    You have a GF.
    You had 36 euros.
    You’ve eaten.
    You’ve had beer.
    You’ve got a computer.
    You are in good health.
    You are a relatively lucky person in the grand scheme of things, and you’ve had a relatively bad day.

bearnecessities

Some quality typo’s there.

Do you have your health? If so, then the world is your oyster fella.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Could be worse…you could be Crikey 😉

unovolo
    Free Member

Lots of spelling mistakes in there(beer induced maybe) hopefully the world will look better to you in the morning, I have days when I just think what the **** am I doing in my life,job I hate,area I live in going to the dogs and although the above is true and it gets to me,the rest of the time I just let it pass over me.

crikey
    Free Member

Could be worse…you could be Crikey

Nah, he’s not cool enough.

alpin
    Free Member

Agreed…. In fact that is what I told the guy… “sometimes I think that I’ve got problems, but I’m actually ok.”

He then asked what job I do and was surprised to hear that I’m a chippy /joiner. “ah,a normal job”, he said.

Don’t know what my problem is. Some “Hassphase” as you might say in German. Looking at all the **** in town. The rich Arabs, the **** snobs…. With their Gucci glasses, LV handbags…

Sometimes I want out of this system.

alpin
    Free Member

typos are phone induced. I’m lucid.

crikey
    Free Member

Don’t know what my problem is. Some “Hassphase” as you might say in German. Looking at all the **** in town. The rich Arabs, the **** snobs…. With their Gucci glasses, LV handbags…

A lot better than looking at tracky bottoms tucked in socks, fella…

piemonster

typos are phone induced. I’m lucid.

Lucidity might be the problem

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need to revel in that angsty sorrow fella.

You will feel a hell of a lot better if you let it out.

You did a good deed, it won’t make you feel much better, you’ll need to do a few more yet.

Hug your GF.

bearnecessities

Ooof, getting deep and I’m getting out now, but before I run off:

Be happy with yourself; strive, but be happy with what you have, not what you don’t have.

Accept. Some people are arses, some are not; try not to get upset with the inequalities that exist (I struggle with that).

Don’t empty your wallet into beggars hands. Do charity work for homeless, try to do something physical to make a difference if it bothers you that much (not being disrespectful of what you did, kind intentions)

Personally, I try to be grateful for every day I wake up and I can see. Not always easy, but works for me.

alpin
    Free Member

thanks bikebouy…

i will.

ton

alpin…..chin up mate, you could be old and fat too…. 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

€36 is about 2 crates of Edelstoff…even a tramp will need help knocking that lot back. What underpass was it again? 😉

seavers
    Free Member

Sometimes I want out of this system.

Just chill, have a good sleep tonight and all will feel better tomorrow. Sounds like you an ‘off’ day.

You have described how I feel sometimes. I put it down to that some days life or the system as you say just gets to you. There is a lot of sh*t in the world but it is also amazing. Maybe do something that reminds you of that. Middle of nowhere on a bike sorts me out.

Either way you helped someone. Probably to get drunk or high but it will give them a few hours when they don’t have to think about how awful things are.

It’s all good 🙂

alwillis

Much better than my efforts Alpin. I usually buy homeless people a mars bar (I know it doesn’t help, but they are always grateful which makes me think it will do some good).

Sadly I now live in London so would never make it to work if I did this all the time 🙁

alpin
    Free Member

🙂

spoke to him for a bit… he is 63 years old. was a chemist. lost his job and couldn’t get himself back on track. doesn’t drink. tried living in a shelter, didn’t like all the alcoholics and druggies.

fixies broliies and collects bottles (8c per bottle) for a bit of extra cash.

just thought “what a shit sytem”… don’t know what he’ll do with the cash. don’t care, tbh.

he wasn’t a begger.. don’t give money to beggers, just burgers.

it’s pissing it down now.. proper thunder, lightening and cats and dogs… the lot.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Carpenters have something of a reputation for wanting to change the world!
    Start tomorrow 🙂

jekkyl

The question Raymond K Hassell is what did you want to be?

cheez0
    Free Member

Have I just read a jesus thread?

lucien

Personally I’d have gone for the sympathy BJ from the GF, and kept the money in my wallet.

slackalice
    Free Member

That you emptied your wallet and took the time to talk and listen with the recipient shows that today, you made a difference. Despite your feelings of the futility of the system we experience for ourselves.

A real difference.

More real than probably any of us here on STW have done today.

Thank you for reminding me.

Go well.

luffy105
    Free Member

Taking time out to stop and talk and listen probably meant far more than the money to the gent.

seavers
    Free Member

More real than probably any of us here on STW have done today.

Speak for yourself. I gave 12p to some random wildlife charity guy on my way out of the Co-op this morning. Felt pretty awesome until he insisted on sticking a sticker on me. Total Hassle.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘so I've just emptied my wallet…’ is closed to new replies.