Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So, I've found this strange lump on my arm…
  • FoxyChick
    Free Member

…and I'm in a bit of a quandary.
    It's about 7mm by 7mm and kind of heart shaped.
    I visited my GP on Friday, who took a cursory glance at it and said it looked like nothing to worry about. She asked if it was itchy to which I replied "no", because at that time it wasn't. She told me to go back in a fortnight if it hasn't disappeared.

Then on Friday night it was itchy as hell and I scratched it in my sleep, causing a bit of a blood blister.
    The whole lump is now quite pink.
    SO, do I just wait 2 weeks and see what happens or go back to my GP?
    I've obviously done a bit of googling, not sure if this has helped!!

(oh, and I'm fair skinned and freckly, and abused sun-beds for 5 yrs in my 20s!)

FCx

naedeyw
    Free Member

Leave it a couple of weeks and when all the baby spiders wriggle out collect them up in a dish and put them outside…

8)

Coyote
    Free Member

Go back to the GPs, if only to put your mind at rest. Tomorrow.

tails
    Free Member

well go back to your doc as your clearly very worried about it.

geoffj

The symptoms have changed get back to your GP.
    Plenty of melanoma resources on the interweb if you want to scare yourself silly do a bit of self diagnosis.

rOcKeTdOg

is it darkly pigmented?is it crusty (before you scratched it) if so does it have irregular borders? if it's neither of these i wouldn't fret, it'll be a cyst or ganglion and not a problem

5thElefant
    Free Member

I'd dig it out. But… as I've said before. I'm an idiot.

TheSanityAssassin

FoxyChick – Member

So, I've found this strange lump on my arm…

Have you been holding hands with Onion again…. 😉

SaxonRider

Still, I would march right bak to the GP, and get him/her to explain what it is. Googling is helpful, but a real live doctor should consider it his/her responsibility to put your mind at rest if it really is nothing to worry about.

In the meantime, congratulations on at least being aware of this thing's behaviour and how long you have had it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nukme it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

[serious mode]
    Fingers crossed that it's nothing to worry about, FC!
    [/serious mode]

ton

doctor's 1st think in the morning for you young lady…
    just in case, and get to see another doc if the one you saw before tries to fob you off.
    chin up love too…….. 😀

project
    Free Member

Got a lump type thing on my nose a few years ago,so off i poped to the Drs,who diagnosed it as a basal cell carcinoma,got an apointment to see the consultant at the hospital,by the time i had got to the hospital a few months the lump had gone,never to reappear,now ones appeared on the top of my head.

singlecrack
    Free Member
    FoxyChick
    Free Member

RD…difinitely not a ganglion…have had one of those years ago.
    It is a lump within the skin itself. It is darker than the surrounding skin due to tiny visible blood vessels, it has an irregular heart shape, and has dry skin on the surface.

jojoA1
    Free Member

docs again, toute suite! If only to reassure. YOur final description is what prompted me to post. THe combined symptoms sound like they need to be investigated. HOpe all's well tho.

rOcKeTdOg

yea, docs again, but if the symptoms have come on quickly i'd not worry, if it's been there 5 years and you've not done owt before it's a different story

rOcKeTdOg

what was the verdict?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

DON'T GOOGLE IT!

I have nerve damage problems. I didn't know what it was at the beggining so I googled the symptoms.

Then I thought I was going to die….. silly silly boy.

wwaswas

blimey the new search is resurrecting some aged threads

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So, I've found this strange lump on my arm…’ is closed to new replies.