Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So is Wales open yet?
  • robbo
    Free Member

A quick google and look at mbwales.com doesn’t give a definitive answer. Car parks open yet? Afan and Cwm Carn on my list.

robbo
    Free Member

Detail on each centres websites apparently… Afan http://www.afanforestpark.co.uk/?lang=en-gb

P-Jay
    Free Member

In short yes.

In more detail.

The car parks and trails are open, they’re got more info on different websites for each centre, but as some of them are commercial, some public and all under different control it needs a bit of work.

For example Cwmcarn trails are open, the uplift is not (and likely won’t be for a long time as the Sole Driver / Owner’s wife has a respiratory problem so is shielding for the foreseeable) the centre and toilets are closed until Monday.

Afan trails are open, the cafe and toilets are not, the cafe is preparing to open for take-aways, no word on the Toilets yet.

As for the trails, some are very over-grown and rough due to recent rainfall, like rough enough that you might just find a 2ft drop into a lot of loose rocks on a trail that would have been pretty smooth TC type stuff last time you were there.

Cwmcarn has had a LOT of work during lockdown so large bits of it are/were closed and diverted which isn’t reflected on their website yet. Also, and I’m not making this up, they don’t actually know if the new Blue trail is open or closed, or at least Bob the Ranger who manages their communications doesn’t.

snaps
    Free Member

Google mtb ranger South Wales & click on the Facebook link.

fadda

I rode Cwmcarn on Tuesday, and can confirm that car park and at least the Twrch trail are open. No bike shop or cafe, also no car park charges!
    The blue is also open – it’s short and will need some bedding in.

There was a tree down across the final descent on the Twrch trail (after the road crossing, which may well be cleared now or soon. Some interesting new bits, which I liked.

lister

Brechfa shut for most of the summer for harvesting. 😢

steamtb

Llandegla is open and brilliant! Shop, cafe and trails all working well with appropriate social distancing…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So is Wales open yet?’ is closed to new replies.