Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • So is this racist?
  • teasel
    Free Member

all this that you have done

Nothing like a nice bit of hyperbole, eh.

In my mind it was an unnecessary addition, Junkyard. Also followed by the other stuff I quoted but you brush that aside in your bid to appear righteous. For the record, I don’t have any issues with you – it’s purely local to this discussion. If it appears across the forum, again; it’s the topic being discussed.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I have lost the plot with this!

I thought it was a discussion about some artwork in a school that was considered by some to be racist?

In response to the OP, no I do not think it is racist. It is a series of images that feature a mixture of fictional, fantasy characters.

IMO it is a complete waste of police time, detracts from the real problems in our society, feeds the Daily Wail “PC gone mad” Brigade when people highlight things like this.

Why anyone would go to the police rather than discuss with the Head or the Governors is beyond me!

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

So we can condemn all of punk because of Skrewdriver then?

Of course not. 😉

There are countless things in everyday life that might offend someone and it would be impossible to remove every single one of them. Hence my initial post saying that, if rap is offensive to some people, should it be banned as well?

Was the person who complained personally offended or were they doing it on behalf of others as is sometimes the way with these PC cases?

Lifer
    Free Member

Trail-Blazer – Member

Hence my initial post saying that, if rap is offensive to some people, should it be banned as well?

Oh, okay, that’s what you were saying…

hels
    Free Member

Interesting – will be curious to see where this story goes.

If you edited out the aspects of the past that don’t sit well with modern sensibilities then you will be burning down whole museums and libraries.

There is an ongoing debate in the Museum world about what to do with such offensive artefacts e.g. the whole warehouse of human hair from the nazi concentration camps. And the related argument about restoring these kind of sites.

Do you return the tattoed preserved Maori heads taken as souvenirs by Victorian travellers to the tribes ?

My solution would be to place a notice, explaining what the figure is and the background, and asking the kids to conclude for themselves why it wouldn’t go in a school mural any more.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member
    Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Maybe i’m a bit thick, i just dont understand how and why a black doll is perceived as racist where as a white doll is acceptable?

I just don’t understand all this PC nonsense….maybe i need to start being ‘offended’ a bit more??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Maybe i’m a bit thick, i just dont understand how and why a black doll is perceived as racist where as a white doll is acceptable?
    I just don’t understand all this PC nonsense….maybe i need to start being ‘offended’ a bit more??

It’s 2013.

*sheds a tear*

Woody
    Free Member

To put a bit of perspective on this………

There are many more things going on which are far more offensive!

Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘So is this racist?’ is closed to new replies.