Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • so is this girl interested in me or not?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

yet another question on my complicated personal life!
    So, i met a girl speed dating.talked to her for ages after the event and got on well.got her number and met her 5 days later for a few drinks when i was out with a mate.we all had a good laugh but i was really tired and not my chirpy self and at the end of the night she went home giving me a peck on the cheek, nothing more.i asked if she wanted to meet up again (cos i was so tired)and that it was fine if she didnt, but she said we should
    i really like her, shes such a good laugh, interesting, sexy etc.
    shes a bit older than me and single, im single and have two little kids which she doesnt seem bothered by(has dated someone with kids before).
    anyhow my dilemma is this, is she interested in me or does she just like me as a friend? my own simplistic outlook on relationships is, if im interested i show it, if im not i dont.simple as that.my mate recons she could well be interested but is just playing it cool and might want to see me doing all the chasing etc.he recons some women are like that.
    so have you ever had to do all the chasing with someone who seemed totally uninterested, only for them to then tell you they were actually well keen since you met perhaps?or if somethings gonna happen would you say there would have been a “spark” from the moment we met/got chatting etc and it would have all kicked off instantly??

MrSparkle

Difficult to say. HBAHT?

joolsburger
    Free Member

She said she wants to meet up again so meet up again.

Seems straightforward.

Hohum
    Free Member

Stop complicating things and just go with the flow!

iDave
    Free Member

EDIT – CBA, dumb post

odannyboy
    Free Member

oh and for what its worth, because she seemed to be playing it cool, i kind of did the same, and just tried to be a gentleman etc, havent come on to her etc,but i suppose she could be just as confused about me and the signals im giving off?

iDave
    Free Member

FFS phone her up and meet her and stop brow beating – we’re busy here on other things

Torminalis
    Free Member

Jesus f*cking christ man pull yourself together.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’d say that you should leave it a bit before jumping back into the frying pan, play with fire by all means but it does burn! (although I understand that ointment is readily available)

ski
    Free Member

so have you ever had to do all the chasing with someone who seemed totally uninterested

Yes & getting married to her did not help either! She still seems totally uninterested 😉

odannyboy
    Free Member

ok, well just tell me your experiences pls…
    and i havent got a clue what those abriviations mean…!

farmer-giles
    Free Member

why worry if she does or doesn’t fancy you?
    go for a meal together and be yourself; (by the time the rohipnal has taken effect then it won’t matter, unless she has got large hands and an adams apple).

be yourself. when it is right then its right

iDave
    Free Member

FFS = for **** sake

are you this indecisive and weak in her company?

odannyboy
    Free Member

ok, ok, blimey.i only wanted some advice.
    i dont want to hassle her loads, and her think “hes a real hassle, i cant be doing with this!” i actually have a busy life myself and need my own time anyway.just dont want to give the wrong impresion.plus i only met her the other day….

joolsburger
    Free Member

Just take her out for dinner or something and then ask her back for coffee if she’s into you she’ll come if not she wont.

Faint heart and all that..

odannyboy
    Free Member

idave. ill be honest, not this bad but probably a bit.i just really like her, thats all.im not obsessing about her, but shes a good one!

Junkyard
    Free Member

FFS ask her, go for the meal then back doors or wee in her shoes depending on outcome HTH
    If it is both she is proper dirty

I dont know what Mr sparkles [HBAHT] means weird Darwen webbed finger typo is my guess.

dooosuk
    Free Member

at the end of the night she went home giving me a peck on the cheek

1) How old are both of you?

2) Did you try and kiss her at all?

3) Just forget about it all… go out, have fun and relax and at the end of the night try and kiss her.

Divagirl
    Free Member

Why did you take your mate along with you! That would have put me right off.

Torminalis
    Free Member

HBAHT = How ‘Bout A Hand Tug.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

Heavily
    Banged
    Ars3
    Hair
    Together
    ?

nickc

is she interested in me or does she just like me as a friend?

why don’t you ask her? perhaps over lunch?

they’re people, women. Y’know, they’re not some weird separate species, they’re just people…

MrNutt
    Free Member

take her on a picnic but pack nothing but raw meat and gin.

dux
    Free Member

Defo, gaggin’ for it

Junkyard
    Free Member

Y’know, they’re not some weird separate species, they’re just people

easy now there easy seen some crazy stuff on here , bikes with no gears , people saying dont wear helmets , sfb naked but that 😯

wwaswas

I’m with junkyard – I’d like to see the evidence for this assertion…

odannyboy
    Free Member

im 34, she’s 40.
    i went to kiss her but got an obvious “cheek offered in my direction”
    maybee its the kid thing.the guy she was seeing with kids, had his ex go a bit nuts and create when she found out he was seeing her.
    youre right, ill try and meet her again and see what she says.just seems a bit like being 15 again, going ” i really like you, do you like me?” not really hollywood romance is it?
    my mate was there but there was meant to be a big crowd also who then didnt turn up, so it became an uncomfortable three.

nickc

LOL at Junkyard

i went to kiss her but got an obvious “cheek offered in my direction”

On a first date, that’s what you get. It don’t mean nuffin’, what what you expecting? fireworks?

Chill.

grievoustim
    Free Member

What did you expect her to do at the end of the night (with your mate there) , give you tongues?

She said she wants to see you again, that’s all you need to know at this stage.

Don’t rush into assuming she’s perfect – you have only just met her. There is a very good chance she is not. Slow down.

Is this the same woman you wanted to buy a present for the other day?

mrsgrips
    Free Member

To be honest I think if you were ‘playing it cool/tired’ and she still said yeah lets go out for another date that’s not really showing disinterest…

What do you guys think girls will just jump on you if they’re interested?OyVay. You guys spend too much time egging each other on and living in fantasy worlds. I do hope she’s not on her knitting forum talking about how terrible it is you didn’t pick her up in a carriage with white horses and your armor gleaming smartly…(get my drift?)

Right… continue going out/making dates. See how goes. See if she continues to show ‘quiet’ interest in you. One date is hardly enough time to really start thinking about does she really want me…she’s probably not her mind up yet.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Is this the same relationship that needed advice over present buying last week, or am I getting confused by all the posts on Relationshipdating track world?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Is this what it would have been like if the fella started talking to the audience in that film “The Truman Show”?

hels
    Free Member

In all honesty you sound a bit neurotic – and in a rush ? It’s not that black and white, or not IME (in my experience). Whats the hurry ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

she’s 40 and offered you a cheek? forget it she’s not interested, women of “a certain age” are ether going or gone, this is why I insist upon having a stocked basement of continually renewed asian/eastern european 18yr olds. Coincidentally the “older” ones tend to make quite good soup.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do hope she’s not on her knitting forum talking about how terrible it is you didn’t pick her up in a carriage with white horses and your armor gleaming smartly.

😆
    Worse, much worse, just mailed her and she has picked the dress and is planning the menu as we type.

Torminalis
    Free Member

the “older” ones tend to make quite good soup.

As chef or ingredient?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Stop complicating things and just go with the flow!

Haven’t read the whole thread. All I want to say is I lost my last woamn through over analysing and overthinking the early stages because it was really important that it worked out. It didn’t, and it was me. So like the quote says, just go with the flow. Worry too much and the things you’re worrying about will happenn.

KT1973
    Free Member

HBAHT
    How Big Are Her Toes I think

KT1973
    Free Member

Torminalis – Member

the “older” ones tend to make quite good soup.

As chef or ingredient?

Fantastic

Cougar

Shows how my minds works, I didn’t even consider “chef” as an option.

just dont want to give the wrong impresion

What wrong impression is that exactly? If she works out that you want to knock the back out of her, surely that’s the correct impression?

In all seriousness, don’t worry. She’s obviously interested enough to accept a second date, see how it goes from there.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘so is this girl interested in me or not?’ is closed to new replies.