Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • So is evri any better
  • jkomo

…but you can’t make it sing.
    (The finale to the turd rolling in glitter)

bruneep

No..

Dropped off parcel at inpost locker 16 days ago. I have tried and tried to contact them about it but nothing.

DickBarton

Seems to be just as good, but it is all down to the local driver and the one I get does seem to be very good.

I’d ordered a next day delivery from Wiggle at 5pm on Friday – didn’t appear on Saturday or Sunday so I raised a moan with Wiggle – they refunded me the overnight delivery cost and then told me they couldn’t find the order so they’d send another one out. Evri’s tracking number had been issued but it stated it was awaiting the item. So the issue seemed to be at Wiggle’s end.

northersouth
    Free Member

Waited in for a parcel earlier to be told Evri couldn’t deliver as no one was in.

That’s 3x separate ‘Next day’ CRC deliveries failed. Now a pointless service for me.

zerocool

They’re good by us, but then we have got to know the local delivery guy over the past few years and he always sorts us out.

steamtb

Hermes / Evri have always been superb here, always the same, excellent, courier!

Yodel however?!? WTAF, I’m convinced they drop kick the parcels over our wall. Found a fragile order, with clear this way up writing, the wrong way up, randomly dumped in the front drive, not even vaguely near the house. Usually seriously smashed up too.

lovewookie

bit mixed for me. no different to hermes, but not surprised.

dropped off two parcels at a drop shop. one was delivered, other is still showing as dropped at shop, but nothing more.

most of the time though, they’ve been good.

we’ll see how this goes, it’s always a little more complicated if it’s bought through ebay

smiffy

I had a DPD driver at my doorstep today with a parcel that he wouldn’t hand over for 42 seconds, because his PDA said he was delivering it too early! I had to stand there watching him watch the countdown on the little screen and after 42 seconds it was mine.

bruneep

No

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your parcel and for advising us that your parcel has not been received.

I have conducted an extensive search and unfortunately, our tracking system is currently unable to locate your parcel. Due to the amount of time that has elapsed since we last received a tracking update, I must unfortunately deem this parcel unaccounted for.

I apologise for this disappointing outcome, I can appreciate how frustrating this news may be to receive. The quickest way to resolve this quickly is to contact the retailer/sender of the parcel who will explain their options to you, which may include a refund or replacement.

If you need anything in the future, please contact your Hermes Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They lost something I sent via ebay.

Website refers you to a phone number, which is automated, and refused to understand the tracking number, then just starts again.

Seems impossible to talk to someone.

I gave up, refunded buyer. I lost parcel and postage money!

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Sending parcels…

Instead of printing an address label at home, Evri/ Hermes email you a six digit code and a graphic to scan into the machine at one of their parcel shops.

Has anyone managed to key in only the six digit code to get the machine to print an address label?

I’ve never seen them offer this option on their label machines.

You’ve got to dangle your mobile phone under the scanner, with varying levels of success…

Sandwich

Found a fragile order, with clear this way up writing

That’s universal, this way up, don’t lay on side on all our bike boxes. Deliveries from TNT and others usually arrive with them on their side or stood on end. Watch one collection go into an empty vehicle and it was about to be laid down when I pointed out the warnings and a huffy individual tied it in the correct orientation.

theboatman
    Free Member

Hermes/ Evri is the best of them all for me, but we tend to get 1 delivery guy for our village, and they tend to stay in that job for some time. Our current Evri Steve has been faultless in his deliveries for the last 3 plus years. He is so good he gets a bottle in thanks at Xmas, as we do keep him busy. We had a small break in service pre-steve when one Hermes chap went on a week of nicking parcels from everyone in ours and the surrounding village’s, but that lasted about a week.

mjsmke

We had a lot of excellent service from Hermes, but then it was down to the local driver. Had one delivery from Evri which was on time. Didnt see the driver but hope its the same guy.

lovewookie

most of the time though, they’ve been good.

we’ll see how this goes, it’s always a little more complicated if it’s bought through ebay

Update!
    after a week of looking, they found the parcel and delivered it yesterday.

TBH I was expecting a more half arsed approach, but it worked out in the end.

FOG

Hermes was always pretty rubbish for us and evri is keeping up the reputation. I get the usual storm of emails telling me my parcel is about to arrive …. and then nothing.

joebristol

Generally Hermes have been ok for me. Everything I’ve ever sent us got there fairly promptly.

They did lose something CRC sent to me and I think they might be about to lose another item I ordered from crc- it got to the CRC local depot on Thursday but no updates since. Raised it with CRC yesterday and will see what occurs.

That said I ordered a new bike tyre from eBay last week – it was posted Tuesday 2nd class recorded and there’s still no sign of that yet.

So maybe both of these will turn up and are just delayed due to staff shortages from Covid / other excuses people are using to avoid going into work these days / lack of people to employ to work in a parcel hub type place etc / brexit etc

johndoh
    Free Member

I used Evri recently – they tried to deliver on Saturday to my office address (and Monday was a Bank Holiday too) and I was worried it would then disappear but nope, good communications and follow-up emails and it was redelivered on Tuesday.

FOG

After failing to deliver when they said they would, and I was waiting in, I got a message the day after saying they would deliver after 13.30. Unfortunately the message wasn’t sent until 13.53 so I wasn’t able to get back in time. Perhaps I might get it tomorrow, maybe.

akira

I’ve had 3 deliveries from them, one I asked it to be dropped at a neighbour’s house and they promptly delivers three large boxes to my doorstep, handily I was away for a week. Next two deliveries have gone to my neighbour…….without us asking!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Why will CRC do free delivery to “Evri parcelshop” less than 0.5 miles away in less than 3 days, but 5 days to deliver to house?

Better half should be in when they deliver, but I’m guessing the driver will dump package on doorstep and run, just like Amazon (they don’t even wait ~20secs for us to get to door and they cannot see if we are in or not).

masterdabber
    Free Member

In farrness to them (maybe just lucky)…

Ordered from CRC on 02/05 and it was delivered to home this morning (04/05).

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

UPS seem to be vying for the title of newherpes.

Their website is huge and unnecessarily complicated for a regular (occasional) customer, expecting a parcel.

Email AND ‘user id’ ?

No real time tracking of your parcel, just ‘stay in your house between 8am and 8pm in complete silence incase our driver presses your doorbell for 0.2 milliseconds’ !

I’ve got to take a shower and vote today.

I can’t lay too much blame on their drivers. It’s their IT system that’s about 10 years overdue an overhaul.

gs_triumph

We have a great hermes guy.

He’s always been good. Nice chap. Likes a chat. Likes to successfully deliver parcels.

Bang on.

gs_triumph

So true what Greatbesr says about UPS. They are the ones I fear!!

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

In defence of the delivery drivers they get about 250 parcels a day to deliver. Therefore they have to deliver a parcel every 2 minutes. Protocol is wait 10 seconds for someone to come to the door. They have no time to faff about.

burko73

We had an amazing local Hermes lady. Never any issues and always prompt and took extra initiative if we were out. She got posted to a bigger round 30 miles away in the Evri restructure and so has given up. Since then I’ve had both evri deliveries delayed or “we called and you didn’t answer so will reschedule” with no slip posted and no chance of them coming anywhere near the house as I was working on my truck on the front drive when they say they called. Time will tell I guess but I’ll avoid evri if possible.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I’ve had updates from UPS, stating that they made an attempt to deliver, when they patently did nothing of the kind.

If they’ve got 250 parcels to deliver, why not use an IT system that keeps their customers apprised with their position in the queue?

Even a 2-bit operation like yodel can say ‘you are number 49 in our drivers schedule’…’you are position 16 in our drivers schedule’, ‘your driver is now one stop away’, etc.

Something like that can save a lot of time on behalf of the drivers and their customers.

UPS must have money to burn if they can afford to keep sending their drivers out to the same address, over and over again.

And then there’s the environmental impact of sending the same trucks out, over and over again.

dirkpitt74

Had my first Wiggle delivery from Evri today.
    This is how it arrived:

Luckily nothing missing.
    The delivery guy was most apologetic as “that’s how it arrived at his car”.
    He also asked me to check everything was there before signing for it.

ta11pau1

I’ve had 5 parcels delivered over the last 2 weeks, all fine with zero issues.

onehundredthidiot

UPS wanted extra £2 to deliver to my house. Or pick up from shop in town.

lovewookie

got a parcelforce delivery today.

was booked in to be delivered friday, but tracking said it never left the depot.
    then Sunday tracking was updated to ‘tried to deliver, insufficient address’ which is odd, as I was in all day, and they’d sent me a letter, which arrived on Saturday, telling me of the fees I’d already paid.

but the parcel got here, albeit a little squished. No damage to what was inside though.

so far, Evri are better than parcelforce. at least evri were quick to respond.

DickBarton

Proper weird one for me – ordered a thru-axle from Wiggle and it got picked up on bank holiday Friday…Saturday afternoon an update saying there was a problem and it would be delivered soon…no updates at all.
    I email wiggle on Thursday to ask about it- they refund postage and send another one out – picked up by a evri on Friday.
    Both delivered on Saturday but at 2 different times – 25 minutes apart!

Kryton57

Not sure if it’s wiggle or evri that deserve the credit, but I order a pair of MTB shoes from will at 17:30 on Saturday, selecting the “free delivery by Friday 17th June” option. They arrived in Sunday 12:40, wow.

flannol
    Free Member

Had a few Evri parcels delivered recently

Really nice chap, always the same guy. Presume he gets all the runs locally

Not had an issue. Appreciate that you get a time slot (albeit ?4hour) now which is handy

I seem to recall you can do a ‘leave in porch at my own risk’ tickbox too

DickBarton

Agreed, I’ve no real complaints about them…seems to be 2 delivery drivers that cover my area and deliveries are normally top notch.
    I posted my latest adventure as it is completely opposite to how they normally are. Second delivery was brilliant, first one appears to have got lost in their system somehow, but no-one was able to explain what the cause or when it would be delivered.

Saccades
    Free Member

It’s so good, that when they send me the tracking number they give me a link to the Hermes website to use the tracking functionality.

Just a shame the international site doesn’t have the tracking ability, you need to go to the English Hermes site.

Sums them up really.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.