Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • So, if you accept that 26 Is Dead… Who won at 26 inch wheels?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Here’s one no one but me will understand,but for me the best would be the only one I actually wore out rather retired, the Azonic Propulsion with a whole 80mm of rear travel.

(Not my image)

I still have it in the loft along with a MK1 Stiffee, a Pipe dream Ti HT that had the same geo as the MK1 Stiffee & an original Turner Burner that I bought to replace the Azonic but never gelled with so only ever had a few outings, I’m hoping that the Turner will become a classic & return me some of the money I paid for it one day, dream on…

frood
    Free Member

Being SS it won’t tick many peoples’ boxes, but my 2008 Avanti KISS 26 has got to be my favourite bike. It’s pretty, it handles well, it fits me absolutely perfectly and it just puts the biggest smile on my face every time I ride it. It always makes me want to play. Climbs far better than its weight suggests and descends like an absolute demon

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Dunno about 26″ being dead but I’ve been getting some bargins on 26″ Maxxis Advantage tyres, thank you everyone who’s converted, I’m stocked up for life!

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

So, if you accept that 26 Is Dead…

Can’t answer that question as I don’t. No plans to ever change wheel size on my MTBs

ChrisL

Can’t answer that question as I don’t. No plans to ever change wheel size on my MTBs

All the OP’s MTBs have 26″ wheels. 🙂 However it does seem like development of 26″ wheeled MTBs has slowed down a lot in the last year or two, so we the pinnacle of the type may well already be out there…

zippykona

Round tube Mount Vision. Mine is 14 years old,still going strong and doesn’t look old.

tpbiker
    Free Member

2011 Giant Anthem….

Phenomenal bike….

Northwind

ChrisL – Member

All the OP’s MTBs have 26″ wheels.

Nuh uh, one of them has a 20 inch and a 19 inch.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘So, if you accept that 26 Is Dead… Who won at 26 inch wheels?’ is closed to new replies.