So, if chain-free means an easy home purchase…

Home Forum Chat Forum So, if chain-free means an easy home purchase…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • So, if chain-free means an easy home purchase…
  • soobalias

a mortgage company being involved is the worst bit, they dont communicate and when they do, they dont care.

if you havent got the cash, dont buy it

16stonepig

if you havent got the cash, dont buy it

You’re right. I’ll just save up for a bit longer.

soobalias

i hope i didnt need to put the smiley on that one.

take on a second paper round for a couple of weeks and dont spend your pocket money on fast cars and loose women.

trail_rat

i found phoning the mortgage company everyday after they made a screw up like this with me really Geed them on . was going to cost me 2grand + for their mess.

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

I’m still working on the assumption that everybody involved in the successful sale/purchase of a house is then fired. It’s the only explanation I can think of for our experiences of buying/selling.

djglover

yes, its stressful!

With HSBC, they have their own lawyers so the transaction becomes trilateral – a nightmare

When there are 2 buyers in the chain with HSBC, you cannot begin to imagine the stress!

I was top of the chain moving into a new build and the developer set a 28 day deadline to exchange.

We missed it by 5 days and I had some very angry conversations with people that week!

trail_rat

hsbc – cheap rates but i avoided them for a reason NO ONE i know has a good word to say about their lawyers …..

didnt need that stress – was hard enough using a company we do bank with.

Lazgoat

We moved house with Nationwide last year and I must be very lucky because the Branch is 5 minutes from me and the lady that arranged our mortgage had things done weeks in advance of the exchange date. It seriously could not have been easier.

16stonepig

I can’t imagine how ****ing difficult it must be when there is a chain.

I am getting chucked out of my current place in 3 weeks. Back in June, this didn’t worry me, but now that Halifax have wasted 2 months losing documents, failing to communicate, and just generally being unhelpful, I am beginning to get stressed. Well, OK, I’ve been stressed for months, but I’m starting to see bright lights and hear throbbing noises now.

16stonepig

Done! It’s done! I just need to go collect the keys, but already I am a homeowner. Well, 25% of a home, anyway…

I will be needing volunteers to come for rides, show me pubs etc. in Guildford. I’ve ridden in Surrey Hills before, but always as passenger.

I went up there at the weekend, walked 1km from the flat and gazed out at the view from Newlands Corner. It made me happy.

scuttler

Congratulations dude!

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Good stuff that Suvernerr.

I bet you could have bought 250% for the same price in this here Staffordingshire.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

Excellent news. Will you be posting here later?

I bet you could have bought 250% for the same price in this here Staffordingshire.

We’re saving a deposit, then realised our deosit would actualy buy an OK house in Teesside!

The south east is just a bit mental.

trail_rat

fine if you work in teeside ….

a house in teeside – as cheap as it is wouldnt have benifited me in anyway shape or form.

house prices up here are close to the SE

tonyd

Congrats OP, and Surrey hills on your doorstep? You just made a lot of new friends 🙂

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

I’m still working on the assumption that everybody involved in the successful sale/purchase of a house is then fired. It’s the only explanation I can think of for our experiences of buying/selling.

Sounds about right.

I ended up phoning up the seller’s solicitors and dealing with them direct as every piece of paper seemed to get lost between the solicitors. The whole process seems to attract incompetent people who just don’t care at all about it.

HSBC lawyers were an absolute nightmare.

It took nearly 4 months to complete on a chain free purchase.

I formally complained after about 3 months and threatened the ombudsman, funnily everything started moving very quickly to the point they didn’t even ask for the evidence of certain repairs had been made that were a condition of the mortgage.

Very good mortgage deal though and the initial application and approval was painless.

samuri

Our recent move was about three months. No chain. Stress city though. Little things you never think of will catch you out.

We found out the bottom half of the garden belonged to some other land agent who hasn’t asked for any ground rent for 15 years. BANG! Complete block on the move. We had to get a seperate contract written up and get the previous owners to put £54 in a trust just in case, before things could move again. Ridiculous.

One more here for the HSBC/Countrywide Lawyers fiasco.

Chain free and it took over 4 months to sort out. After we had finally completed, the lawyer who did our conveyancing decided that she would no longer take on any clients who have HSBC mortgages, because it just wasn’t worth the hassle.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Tim,
    More than happy to have a beer one evening, I’m not a Guildford socialite so cant claim i’ll get you in with the bright young things, but I do like a beer.

And rides – often pass either up your new road or past the end of it when doing a s.h loop, be more than happy to call by for you. Or, meet up by the masts on the hogs back and do some stuff puttenham way, etc.

16stonepig

Brill. Can’t wait. I just need to get a nice sturdy shed and ground anchor sorted…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘So, if chain-free means an easy home purchase…’ is closed to new replies.