Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So I witnessed a hit and run last night, what would you do?
  • bradley
    Free Member

Car A drives out on to a T junction and hits an oncoming vehicle on the opposite side of the road then proceeds to drive off.

Would you attempt to follow the offending vehicle or stop and attend the incident?

I decided to follow and phone the police whilst attaining the number plate and a location of the where the vehicle actually stopped.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If the driver of the car that was hit was OK I would probably get the number and give it to them/call the police. So long as it gets reported really.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Get the batman costume out of your boot for a spot of vigilantism!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    globalti
    Free Member

I decided to follow and phone the police whilst attaining the number plate and a location of the where the vehicle actually stopped.

What on Earth does tht sentence mean?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Globalti, there is still time for an edit 😛

Not sure what I would do, either follow the car or help at the accident. Depends if anyone else can help with the incident I guess?

bradley
    Free Member

I’m not really sure what that sentence means. It’s early and my back hurts leave me alone…:(

There were plenty of people around to assist at the scene of the crash. I feel more like superman than batman infact.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Well done for doing something. Did you successfully get the details to the police?

eskay

What on Earth does tht sentence mean?

No capital ‘e’ in earth and a missing ‘a’ in ‘that’.

bradley
    Free Member

I did yeah but questioning wether or not chasing off after him was the right thing.

crankboy
    Free Member

From the few people I know who have been in that situation , the standard response has been to ensure someone attends to the injured and some one follows the making off miscreant. I would say you did the right thing. So long as you then gave all the details to the police rather than gust lynching the offender from a lamppost.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Would you attempt to follow

And do what? Citizens arrest?

Get details and be a witness so the injured party can take it to plod. When I got hit and run that is the one thing I could have really done with. Instead I got disinterest from plod and because there were no witnesses there was ‘nothing they could do’.

Despite the fact I had a picture, the car was SORN and not insured. Idle swine.

wwaswas

We saw someone literally sideswipe another car off the road where a dual carriageway narrowed to one lane once. Other car was mainly ok so followed and got the number plate of the offender.

Wouldn’t have followed the driver to an address or anything, though, only far enough to confirm make model and registration number.

He was clearly one angry dude.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So I witnessed a hit and run last night, what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.