Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • So, I was just riding along when this pigeon fell out of the sky…
  • amedias
    Free Member

No joke, this morning I was cycling to work as normal, when a pigeon literally fell out of the sky and landed about a foot in front of me, I had to do a proper double take, I thought the lorry coming the other way had thrown something at me but no it was a full size, plump, feathery and totally dead pigeon :-S

When I was a kid I always wondered why you don’t see more dead birds dropping out of the sky or trees and I distinctly remember somebody (probably my teacher) explaining that they mostly go ‘somewhere’ to die, hedges, trees, etc. and I would never see a bird simply drop out of the sky.

Well it’s been about 25 years but I can finally say I proved him wrong. hah!

Harry_the_Spider

I had one hit my car a couple of years back. It fell out of the sky and clipped my driver’s side wing. Then, as a result of me doing 70mph at the time, it burst.

Messy.

tomkerton
    Free Member

I was hauling myself up a track where I ride and a starling did just this, straight down in front of my front wheel., dead. Didn’t see a bird of prey or any other reason. Odd.

sandwicheater

Collect pigeon, hunt teacher down and show them. Tis the only way they will learn to stop spreading there lies!

MoreCashThanDash

Teacher: I’ll concede the pigeon issue but it is “their” not “there”!

breadcrumb

I was hauling myself up a track where I ride and a starling did just this, straight down in front of my front wheel., dead. Didn’t see a bird of prey or any other reason. Odd.

650b would of brought the bird back to life.

steezysix
    Free Member

Well, at least he died doing what he loved. Flying along, crapping on stuff.

Ben_H

I once rode over a dead bird on a nice piece of singletrack – it made a kind of whistle as I guess the air in its lungs exited under the pressure of me!

rene59
    Free Member

A decapitated wood pigeon dropped from the sky once when I was fly fishing for trout and landed behind me on the shore of the loch. No noise from an attack in the sky or signs of anything else about. Was strange indeed.

I skinned it and cooked the breast over a fire to go along with a couple of little trout for my supper, so guess I was luckier than the pigeon.

devash
    Free Member

650b would of brought the bird back to life.

I spat my tea out laughing reading that. 😆

Could it be that the poor thing simply had a heart attack mid-air?

I saw a wildlife video of a bear running then dropping dead from a heart attack mid-run, so I guess it can happen to a lot of animals?

jam-bo

I was driving home recently and a squirrel fell onto the roof of the car in front still clutching the branch that had clearly just given way. I’m not sure who was more suprised…

cogglepin

I was driving along a country road a few years ago at a fair speed when half a pork pie hit the windscreen and smashed my washer jet, no kidding! Must have been a fair sized bird to get off the ground with it.

brooess
    Free Member

Was it Speckled Jim?

honourablegeorge

Could the truck have hit it and stunned/killed it?

clubber
    Free Member

What George said. On the way back from ssmm one year, I saw a bird hit a car going the other way’s wind screen and it went one hell of a height up in the air before presumably “dropping out of the sky”

oldnick

Back in the old days when I could run I used to see at least 3 dead animals each morning on the bridleway I used, no obvious injuries or blood, just dead.

If I’d picked them all up I would have the makings of a fur hat by now, what a waste.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘So, I was just riding along when this pigeon fell out of the sky…’ is closed to new replies.