Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • so i think i might get a camelbak hawg, but…
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

hello everybody, i'm after a new hydration pack as the zips are going on mine plus i need a new bladder, tube and valve. so i'm using a ventoux which i bought about 5 years cos is roomy. i don't need loads of space for every ride, but for the longer and/or multi-day trips i like to have the space, if needed. the ventoux has a moulded plastic back which greatly limits usable space, so a bigger one would be good.

so – is the hawg a good choice?
    can i sinch it tight for shorter rides when i have less gear?
    any issues with this pack?
    other options?

thanks in anticipation

yetiguy
    Free Member

was in the same boat and worried about exactly what you are worried about.

but

got one and love it, the only downside is that because its so big, you tend to pack more than you need which does make it heavy

get it you wont regret it, get a mule and you will always wish for the extra space

Del

the hawg is a good pack, and will take a greater load than the mule and feel more stable, however santa got me a wingnut hyper 3.0, and although expensive by comparision ( no bladder provided either ), it is head and shoulders above what camelbak are doing in many, many ways.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flippinheckler
    Free Member

I have an older Hawg and although loads of space I find I can't fasten it tight enough especially around the chest so it moves around a bit and gives me lower back pain, the design may be better on the new version.

handyman
    Free Member

get the new North face one its about the same size but has a suspened mesh back much cooler in summer its the hammehead i believe, but i use a camel back bladder in it

charliedontsurf

Got a haag and its just great. It's pretty old and one compression straps is held on by a zip tie but it still works well. Like it a lot. Only downside is that it's not waterproof. But I keep my valueables in a polybag.

robhughes
    Free Member

sorry to hijack but does anyone know if the 2010 mule is waterproof.
    if not are any of the camelbaks.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i would imagine not, but would wager that the camelbak site might tell you. camelbaks normally come with a splash cover though.

and thanks to everyone's advice. think i might go for the hawg. cheers!

Simon

I've just got a Mule NV to replace a 5 year old Mule.
    New one has a rain cover. It's also got more storage than my old one and it doesn't go a funny sausage shape when it's full. Still packs down fairly small when empty.
    Only downside is it weighs around 400g more.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘so i think i might get a camelbak hawg, but…’ is closed to new replies.