• This topic has 112 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by U31.
Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • So, I now own a pair of cowboy boots. Anyone else? Is this the start of the end?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

slimtubing – how very dare you, blundies are NOT cowboy boots.

I think you mean Blunnies

I have an old pr of Blunnies, def def NOT cowgay boots

zaskar
    Free Member

Sometimes cow boots are ace:

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

For sure
    removed - mod

khani
    Free Member

I've allways regarded cowboy boots as the same as exotic animals, great in their natural enviroment but a crime out of it
    Desert boots are cool though

CountZero

If it's desert boots you're after:

I have a pair of cowboy boots from about thirty years ago, Acme Boots, the square toed sort with the harness straps on as
    someone was talking about. Started a pale creamy colour leather but I dyed them dark brown. Wore the damn things until they literally started to fall apart; the insole wore through and the leather started to crack and split where they flexed. Great boots with jeans, I'd love another pair, been looking at the black engineer/biker type ones, although that matt black pair hora posted are pretty sharp looking. Still prefer the square/chisel toe style, as I'm not so keen on Cuban heels.

khani
    Free Member

Zascar and BA-nana they could wear zip up the front furry on the inside granny boots and look good

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I used to wear cowboy boots a lot with bootcut levis etc during the garage rock revival of the early 00s (see bands like Jet and the Datsuns for further evidence).

I used to wear Beatle boots a lot during the garage punk and acid rock revival of the 80s (see bands like Chesterfield Kings, Plasticland for further evidence). Anyone wearing cowboys boots would have been pointed in the direction of, I dunno, INXS or something. You gotta ask yourself, would Billy Childish wear cowboy boots? Would The Mummies? No. I still can't get over garage rock.

I've always liked cowboy boots- worn discreetly under good jeans and worn in they can look good.

No they can't. To paraphrase what has been pointed out elsewhere, take them out of their natural environment and a crime against nature is committed. It's like ponchos, Nepalese knitwear or dolphin steaklets.

hora
    Free Member

Wear whatever footwear&clothing you want. The worse thing in the world is dressing like all the identikit blokes you see out at the weekend- shirts that look like they are from Burtons untucked (or tshirt), jeans, indistinct black shoes etc and a liberal drenching of Lynx.

Stand out and you'll illicit an extreme reaction from the girls- either they'll point or they'll be intrigued IMO.

Always worked for me 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think you can easily differentiate yourself from the winebar disco pub crowd without resorting to cowboy boots.

hora
    Free Member

I think you can easily differentiate yourself from the winebar disco pub crowd without resorting to cowboy boots.

Do what cyclists do when they arrange a group meet in a pub? Wear a cycling jacket? Turn up on a bike? 😆 8)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Stand out and you'll illicit an extreme reaction from the girls- either they'll point or they'll be intrigued IMO.

I think, "take the p1ss" is the phrase you're looking for. 😉

beamers

We'll I love my cowboy boots. They are dead comfy.

I do however draw the line at wearing my cowboy belt buckle – unless of course I'm going to a fancy dress party.

bobbyspangles

ah yes, the girls always go for the odd one out! which school did you go to?

marsdenman
    Free Member

It's Friday, and Hora is off 'Down the Pub with the Boys…….'

hora
    Free Member

That looks like fun actually…

When I was really young we used to go to Barn dances- whoopin' amazing fun 😀

bobbyspangles

each to their own.

CountZero

Oddly enough, the square-toed style that I prefer tends to be referred to as a 'biker boot', rather than a 'cowboy boot', as it's similar in style to the round toed engineer boot that American bikers tend to wear. You'd probably find them worn with a scruffy pair of jeans and a scuffed black leather jacket than a check shirt with a bootlace bolo tie and a huge silver beltbuckle with a steer skull on it. That's what I used to wear to Mötörhead, Clash, Girlschool, Jam, and Stranglers gigs, anyway. My biker jacket was particularly disreputable, usually soaked through with sweat after being in the pit. The boots were great for stopping your toes from getting stomped on.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Brokeback Mountain anyone ?

john_drummer
    Free Member

The boots were great for stopping your toes from getting stomped on.

these do a pretty good job of that too:

cinnamon_girl

So … Hora … tell me … has anyone taken the pi** when you've been strutting around in these?

Any compliments received?

Anyone crossed the road?

We need to know. 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

Holy Thread Resurrection!

cinnamon_girl

It was a brilliant thread! A real STW Classic. 😀

But we do need to know how Manchester reacted – could Hora be 'on-trend' for the Season?

CountZero

Ha, looking at the clogs above I was actually looking at some of those at our local folk festival earlier this year and thinking how good they'd be at some gigs I've been to, for stomping on the toes of people trying to shove past to the front.

Coyote
    Free Member

True it was a good. As for the reaction he got, it would very much depend on which part of Manchester he was strutting his stuff through.

Canal Street could have been "interesting".

hora
    Free Member

So … Hora … tell me … has anyone taken the pi** when you've been strutting around in these?

Any compliments received?

Anyone crossed the road?

Broken in (with All Saint jeans over)- they actually look great. They do however make me circa 6ft5 tall 😯

hels
    Free Member

I have a pair of Goth Cowboy Boots. Black leather high heels black snakeskin lots of studs and fleur de lis pattern. Look better than they sound. Honest. Time to start wearing them again methinks, the gauntlet has been thrown down…

(p.s are you having a mid life crisis btw ?)

nickc

Went to a motorcycle 'festival' in town yesterday, there were tattoos, leather chaps, and cowboy boots everywhere, Hora would've fit right in…

hora
    Free Member

I don't have tattoo's though 😥 😆

boxelder

What are All Saints jeans???

Edit: Found it:

All Saints have a huge collection of mens jeans that are the cutting edge of fashion. With attention to detail, and unusual fits, an All Saints man is a man who knows his fashion, and wants to stand out from a crowd.

Him proper buff?

hora
    Free Member

All Saints have a huge collection of mens jeans that are the cutting edge of fashion. With attention to detail, and unusual fits, an All Saints man is a man who knows his fashion, and wants to stand out from a crowd

Thats not me but 50% off sale means it IS me 😆

U31
    Free Member

I've entered an alternate reality forum by mistake…..

hora
    Free Member

U31 are you a Cowboyist?

U31
    Free Member

I'm not a brokebackist, if thats what your angling at!

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘So, I now own a pair of cowboy boots. Anyone else? Is this the start of the end?’ is closed to new replies.