• This topic has 112 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by U31.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • So, I now own a pair of cowboy boots. Anyone else? Is this the start of the end?
  • PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I used to wear cowboy boots a lot with bootcut levis etc during the garage rock revival of the early 00s (see bands like Jet and the Datsuns for further evidence).

At the time I was working in the music biz and touring as a support DJ for lots of big bands. I actually spent £280 on a pair with a wooden heel I don't wear them today as they are a bit midlife crisis though.

I do still wear a pair of big square toed black engineer boots, but they look a lot less camp and make me an inch taller.

earl_brutus

mega, had mine 10 years! Sadly London Boots aint there no more.

maxray
    Free Member

Are they for the cuban heel effect Hora?

ken_shields
    Free Member

size 11 maybe 12 and sorry no pics as I'm at work

beamers

I got mine from The Alberta Boot Company.

I love them and wear them quite often. Proper bootcut (i.e. very long) jeans required.

Non-cuban heel so they are slightly more discrete.

hora
    Free Member

Ken, if you fancy selling them and they are 11 give us a shout.

Yes- Cuban heeled. So I'm going to be soddin tottering around.

Also going to keep alookout for pale/tan plain ones 😀

AdamW
    Free Member

London Boots moved to Castle Boulevard (opposite the newspaper building). They're still going (website here.)

Unit 3 (groundfloor)
    4, Castle Boulevard
    Nottingham
    NG7 1FB

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Can't go wrong with cowboy boots…the problem is they disappear, I do not understand why but they just vanish.

Whenever I am single I get a pair, whenever I get married they vanish.

I suspect there is a kind of superhero thing going on the cowboy boots think their work is done & they go to help some other poor lonely soul (sole?)

DrJ

guess you have to be really comfortable with yourself and what you like to wear something that isn't really fashionable for males to wear.

That. Or a raving homosexualist …

TheSponsor
    Free Member

What's not to like about those boots..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are you fukin serious…they actually look like that last picture you posted hora? 😯

hora
    Free Member

Tips Stetson towards deadlydarcy then *chink chink chink*…walks out of the room.

marsdenman
    Free Member

ARGHHH. So this to you is like those Ugg's are to me?

Actually, no just pulling your leg – though I don't get Uggs on blokes, at all
    Dare I say I agree with your earlier comment – the right boots (well worn in etc, under jeans can look pretty good…
    I'd be a touch concerned though if you bought a stetson and took to line dancing…. 😉

ken_shields
    Free Member

Hora

Boots are square toed, size 12 US (I think 11.5 in UK sizes) in black with spur straps

I can sort out pics if you're interested

BTW the correct term for boots is sh!tkickers

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus Christ 😯

hora
    Free Member

marsdenman, agree. Off-bike I am quite a well dressed lad. In bike kit I have been followed carefully by staff around bikeshops.. 8)

ken I think they'll be too big. SPUR-STRAPS?! Kinky! 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Had a period of wearing cowboy boots during the glam rock period of the mid-80's. Even had proper spiky spurs on 'em as well – got banned from the pub after getting into a ruck & burying them in some feckers head! 😆

tazzymtb

just don't get covered in flour or you'll look like a fields of the nephilim fan 😀

Leku
    Free Member

says it all really…

mrchrispy

you're a lost cause sunshine…a lost cause I tells ya

hora
    Free Member

Hang on….someone in the Black Crowes WEARS 'em. Schweet

nicko74

So I'm not the only one who secretly has a hankering for a pair of cowboy boots, eh? Good to know, but I'm not sure I have the balls to actually wear them…

hora
    Free Member

nicko I'll report back. As marsdenman also noted- it can be a very discreet but powerful look if worn right.

I wonder what the girls say if they are worn in and one colour/plain?

i_am_JC
    Free Member

My bro's going to America next week and is under instructions to bring me some cowboy boots back. I'm only 21. It can't all be over already can it?

cinnamon_girl

Actually I would be seriously impressed by a bloke wearing a pair of fairly plain ones with well-cut jeans and a nice ar$e. But they would have to wear a Clint hat carried off with his inimitable attitude. Designer stubble naturally.

It takes a certain type of man to feel confident with this look coupled with being able to cope with the inevitable female attention.

Actually I need a cold shower. 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

But they would have to wear a Clint hat carried off with his inimitable attitude. Designer stubble naturally.

What about the poncho?

cinnamon_girl

Well, I am rather warming to the idea of a leather coat. Just adds that little bit of sleaziness. 8)

hora
    Free Member

i_am_JC – get them high quality, one-tone/plain (as above) and a dark brown or black leather with leather sole and you are laughing for the future. Even if you get bored of them now….5yrs time you could still wear them.

I've always been into odd shoes- Simple, Campers etc etc.

hora
    Free Member

Well, I am rather warming to the idea of a leather coat. Just adds that little bit of sleaziness

Whooooaaa with the Madmax look there!

i_am_JC
    Free Member

hora, I've given him some pictures and a list of instructions, as well as a fair wedge of dollars. Been looking on the internet and I trust his judgement. No way he'd want me looking a fool?

nbt

1) I have a pair of boots. I've had them since sixth form college, which means they're about 21 years old. I will never get rid ofthem but I rarely wear them

2) I recognised the Fields Of The Nephilim while quickly scrolling up the page to find the last post I'd read

those two facts are not related

Woody
    Free Member

I have an unhealthy dislike of them since working for several pig ignorant white trash JR Ewing wannabees, who wore them with everything from suits to jeans. They were de riguer if you were a rufty tufty offshore oil worker in the 70/80's in Aberdeen 🙄

On the plus side, I do believe I have an original pair of desert boots tucked away in the loft from the same era 😆

slimtubing
    Free Member

I still ponce about in a pair of 15 year old Blundstones and boot cut Levis, the secret is to never ever polish them and let a lovely mild scuffed patina develop.

hora
    Free Member

hora, I've given him some pictures and a list of instructions, as well as a fair wedge of dollars. Been looking on the internet and I trust his judgement. No way he'd want me looking a fool?

Be careful. He may see something HE likes, give them to you and wait a year for them to be given back to him. Get him to send you a picture message first.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

slimtubing – how very dare you, blundies are NOT cowboy boots.

vinnyeh

R Soles, finest boots purveyor in this country. 😆

MrNutt
    Free Member

its only a matter of time!

hora
    Free Member

R Soles

I just swallowed Muesli the wrong way

i_am_JC
    Free Member

Hora, My bro is 3 sizes bigger than me! It'll be fairly obvious if he's buying for himself! Rightly or wrongly I trust him.

myheadsashed

I'll wager cinnamon_girl will be watching High Plains Drifter tonight 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘So, I now own a pair of cowboy boots. Anyone else? Is this the start of the end?’ is closed to new replies.