• This topic has 45 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cjr61.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • So I have no bike……
  • mrkstvnz
    Free Member

🙁 had to sell it over Christmas to fix my stupid car. I’m now on the look out for something cheap. It still needs saving for and it will be a while. Anyone been without a bike? Hopefully by summer I shall have something. Looking at a trail bike something like the On-One parkwood or even maybe a Cx bike along the lines of a Mango point AR. Anyways I’ve always had only one bike at a time, and I’m at the point I regret my decision so much I think I’m gonna cry 😥 . Well maybe not but it sucks. As things are a bit shitty for me at the moment. Anyways not a rant, just pissed off.

bigad40
    Free Member

I got a longboard skateboard your welcome to borrow.
    Chin up, you’ll get there.

steveoath
    Free Member

Do you want a frame? I have an old orange ms isle, plenty of scuffs and dings but solid. Can have it for postage if you wannit?

mattyfez

If you want to ride.. Buy something second hand for about £200 to put you on for a few months until you decide what you want get?

Then you’ll have a spare commuter hack.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Was actually looking in the classifieds for a single speeed fully rigid at under £300. Maybe I could go for something like that to get me going for now. Still will need to save though, but not as much. I think I will keep an eye out for secondhand here. Cheers mattyfez . Cheers Steveoath but I think I need a 27.5/29er frame. Forgot to add that. Could I build a cheap 29er/27.5 SS for around £300 if I bought a frame??? I wouldn’t necessarily buy a new frame but the On-One inbred 29er SS is pretty cheap. Also I’m a little scared going down that route because I’m not mechanically adept. But surely I can whip an SS together, or maybe get bits together and pop down my lbs?

anagallis_arvensis

Where abouts are you?

northernmatt

I’m sure if things got really bad you could put a begging thread on here. I’ve got a load of 9spd stuff, a fatbar lite and maybe some other stuff you can have for nowt. Hardest bits would be frame, forks, wheels.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Bristol….

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

northernmatt . I wouldn’t want anything for free. I would always pay my way. I would always offer beer tokens. Also i would pay for the parts down the line if people are willing to wait?? Maybe that would be to far of an idea. But I would always be upfront and honest, I can probably get a frame in the next few weeks. Something like an 29er inbred. And parts from people would be amazing. I don’t like asking though? I’m not working at the moment due to one thing and another, so getting back riding will take a while…. But if people can help me out that would be cool.

bearnecessities

I can supply some 10sp shifters f&r.

(EDIT: and a Raceface Deus stem – bit retro in length though 🙂 )

Bregante

Off the top of my head…

711 mm bars (Easton haven)
    Possibly a stem or two (would have to check lengths)
    Various good 26er and 29er tyres (spesh purgatory and butcher I think)

All lying about in my garage, clogging up the place and available for postage costs only o.p

I may even have some decent Deore cranks…

And you’d be doing me a favour.

murf
    Free Member

I’ve got some 100mm travel 26″ wheel Rockshox Judy Hydracoil you can have for postage.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

bearnecessities . I would gladly take them off of you, but it might take a while to pay you for them though?? If anyone else wants to offer anything for my build I will always pay no matter what but might take a while. Beer tokens or asking price. I would also like to point out that if any parts are left over I will also pass them on for free. I’m not a great bike mechanic so parts probably will be fitted at my lbs. just need the right parts together, ish. Thanks Mark

egb81
    Free Member

Bristol bike jumble (1st Saturday of the month, 12pm, outside Mud Dock) is a good place to pick up cheap kit.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve got a 2011 Cotic Soul frame, some Fox 32s and a few other bits to sell for cheap!

jamj1974

Got a stem, haven bars (a heavy) 30.9 seatpost, pair of used but lots of wear left Purgatory tyres. Can probably sort some grips and collars too.

You are welcome to them OP. No money required at all.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Wow… I didn’t think people would be so great. Email in profile for my contact details… Address and phone number etc. Also your details for payments and postage. I don’t really know which parts can match up with each other, so please just let me mull over things. I’m probably looking at a On-One inbred 29er geared frame. Which I can buy in the next few weeks or something similar ! All parts would be greatly received , and any left over would be passed on for free also. Thank you so much

km79
    Free Member

What size frame you looking for?

Bregante

O.P it may be easier if you have a browse through what’s on offer and email the posters with what you need otherwise you’re going to end up with half a dozen bars etc.

bearnecessities

Agreed, some organising needs to be done here.

God help us.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Bregante ….. Yes. Anyone who wants to offer parts, I will email you with regards to what I need. Rather than having loads of the same things I don’t . Thanks Bregante… I was sort of trying to say that. Thanks all…… 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got a shedful of crap spares have dug through the above and the postvup anything else you need.

Mackem

If you can post what you’ve decided to take then it’ll be..

1. easier to match sizes/parts.
    2. nice to see how the bike comes together.

The only thing I can offer is 3 unused 9 speed SLX chain rings.

No, wait, I’ve got some old but working Shimano clip in pedals.

cookeaa

I also have a garage full of old bicycle bits…

Have you considered looking at (Gulp) 26″ you are more likely to find some excellent bargains in the “dead” wheel size…

rascal
    Free Member

Gotta love this place 🙂

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Sorry for the unorganised post. Please message my email in profile. I’m thinking I can save and get a 29er Inbred, geared, medium frame . All other parts needed. Please let me know what you got and I will email appropriately. Soz

bearnecessities

That’s a good idea Mackem. Might be easier once people have posted up what’s available, to then decide what the most complete bike can be made from.

Bregante

How tall are you mrkstvnz?

Rorschach
    Free Member

19.5 On One Scandal 29.Horizontal dropouts and no hanger so very SS specific.Horrible black powdercoated.
    Yours for the postage or it goes to the tip.
    Loads of other stuff as I’m ‘rationalizing’ 8 bikes to 3 (maybe 4 tops).

Bregante

There you go.

Brilliant

mrhoppy

I’ve got a medium canyon 29er hardtail frame, rebas, crossroc front wheel, avid elixir brakes, shimano mix drive train and a variety of finishing kit. I think it’s just missing a rear wheel, tyres, cassette, chain, bars and saddle. Needs some new headset bearings too.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

6ft…. bregante
    sorry everyone. I didn’t really think it through. I thought I might have one or two replys. Sorry for any confusion. I can only reply to things once people have posted or emailed and then I will get back to everyone accordingly and let you know what I’ve got or need etc. Thanks everyone for your kindness. I will be in touch regardless to let everyone know how things are going and parts I’ve got etc .

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Rorschach…… Yes please. Email in profile. I can get postage to you this Friday if that’s ok??

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What is this place like?

(I don’t have a bike either, I had to sell all mine to pay the vets bills after my puppy was mauled by an angry magpie while we were walking to the chemists to pick up my medication for chronic dandruff (been off work for weeks with it)
    Then the cat got caught in a rabbit snare & needed stitches, another fortune! So I had to sell my Orange 5, my old HT & cheap road bike!) Email in profile. 😉

Seriously though, this site can be awesome, I asked about a cheap micrometer once & someone just sent me one! (a nice one at that)

@ the OP, I’ve not got much apart from a brand new Spesh saddle but if we were closer I’d build a bike up with/for you!

roblane65
    Free Member

got a set of adapters and a cog to convert shimano freehub to SS will check on teeth you can have for postage. 😀 seems like a good cause.
    mails in profile. MaybeI’ll go to heaven now !

Rorschach
    Free Member

No rush.I’ll have to scrounge a box from the lbs first!

PaulMcG

I’ve got an almost complete (just missing front brake + disc) 26″ Hardtail – Kinesis XCPro2, got some reasonably stuff on it. I’m unlikely to ride it again, so if it gets you up and running again that’s a bonus.

northernmatt

What Mackem said but I reckon if you just let everyone tell you what they can send you then put a post up with a big list and then the hive mind can let you know which bits will work together.

bearnecessities

Bloody hell, I’d be taking Paul McG’s generous offer up if I were you!

northernmatt

^or do that

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘So I have no bike……’ is closed to new replies.