Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 348 total)
  • So here's the deal
  • jimjam
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member

people have moderator, still not a customer, Lazarus and reformed troll next to their name. Could we not just have Cockwomble or lacking social skills for the repeat offenders and whistle blower or telltale next to those who are over eager with the report button?

Oh you mean like how on other forums people can give you plus or minus points for good posts or bad posts ? Don’t be silly.

funkmasterp

It would be more fun to just out the worst offenders 🙂

Cougar

people have moderator, still not a customer, Lazarus and reformed troll next to their name. Could we not just have Cockwomble or lacking social skills for the repeat offenders and whistle blower or telltale next to those who are over eager with the report button?

Point of order, we (moderators) have no control over that, it’s done by the site owners.

funkmasterp

Just send them a request list Cougar. Go on, you know you want to 😉

tjagain

I quite like that idea from funkmaster

Can I have ” angry arguolympian” please

angeldust
    Free Member

enfht – Member

Lefties have an undeniable tendancy to live in echo chambers and it’s highly amusing seeing them trigger on STW whenever they’re challenged with facts over feelings, and long may this continue.

However, labelling people as ‘racist’ should be policed more thoroughly by STW as the accusations are baseless and without substance, something that’s proved time and time again by STW not simply banning the very same posters… that is unless of course these same deluded lefties actually believe that STW tolerate racists?!? Makes you think eh.

Yeah, ‘Makes me think’ I’ll never bother reading anything you ever post again (never noticed you before btw).

Cougar

unless of course these same deluded lefties actually believe that STW tolerate racists?!?

Be careful what you wish for.

giantalkali
    Free Member

never noticed you before btw).

Typical Passive aggressive lefty

angeldust
    Free Member

😆

aracer
    Free Member

Can I request “big hitter” (not for me obviously, but I have a list 😉 )

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I got bored reading after the first few pages, but it did inspire me to look back at the amount of warnings & bans I have received since the GoFar days. Most of those threads still exist in the archives & there were some proper tools posting back then as there is now (probably me included), nothing really changes except old members stop posting & newer members take up the mantel.

It’s the circle of life (for forums), but apart from the founder members (inc the one who can’t be named) it was Drac that gave me my first warning as a non paid mod, god only know why he still does it, but chapeau to all those who give their time to keep this forum going, its still a great resource.

Some of us appreciate what the mods do & I would like to say thanks for doing it, this place wouldn’t exist without you all 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

I got a kicking on the last driving thread, but I’m not that bothered enough to report posters who dived in.. simply because they weren’t that offensive to me and they were wrong, obvz.

Cougar

I would like to say thanks for doing it

Well, thank you.

If you could forward over your list, we lost a few records along the way. Thanks. (-:

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

If you could forward over your list, we lost a few records along the way. Thanks. (-:

Well I only searched the list for this user name, I obviously have had more than one (not concurrent obvs), shall I dig out the troll ones as well? 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Who’s writing 2unfit2rides eulogy then?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

LOL.

mintimperial

Some of us appreciate what the mods do I would like to say thanks for doing it, this place wouldn’t exist without you all

Hear hear.

I’ve moderated a couple of fairly high-traffic boards in my time, it’s not fun for long. I don’t necessarily agree with every single thing some of the mods on here do and say, but I dread to think what this place would be like if they weren’t doing their thing. Sincerely: thank you!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Haven’t felt the need to report anything to date. Been banned once for avoiding the swear filter, was no biggie. Whether I agree with the house rules or not it’s tough tits!

I know some of the threads get pretty intense for those involved. I don’t know what it is, but I don’t take anything on here too seriously and judging by some of the replies I get, no one takes me seriously either 😀

Jezuz if any of the hyper sensitive on here frequented DOA for example, they would be bear baited, tar and feathered within minutes. Maybe a resetting of expectations is in order 😆 It’s not fair and from time to time some of you will get banned if deemed to have been a dick.

Drac

Some of us appreciate what the mods do & I would like to say thanks for doing it, this place wouldn’t exist without you all

Cheers very much.

it was Drac that gave me my first warning as a non paid mod,

Was it?

aracer
    Free Member

I’d just like to agree with what’s being said about the mods – it’s a tough job which they tend just to be criticised for, and whilst I don’t agree with all the modding decisions (does anybody, even the mods?) on the whole they get the balance about right.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Would you like the transcript Drac? 😉

Saying that I guess you can see what warnings/bans I have had & you know I am wrong?

tjagain

Yup – I’ll echo the thanks to the mods. You know what – if I had been them I would probably have banned me as well. But not now of course says he hurriedly 😉

Cougar

Been banned once for avoiding the swear filter

That must’ve been a very long time ago or a cumulative effect. No-one gets a ban for swear filter avoidance in isolation. (Eight times out of ten I’d just edit the post unless it was blatant.)

Drac

Would you like the transcript Drac?

I’d be interested yeah.

Saying that I guess you can see what warnings/bans I have had & you know I am wrong?

I can see who issued them, users can’t.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I just had a look again, 12/2011, email was @lost****, shall I forward to that email? Just how long have you been a Mod?

mattyfez

Personally I think the moderation here is pretty good. It’s nice to let rip sometimes and hear others let rip, it makes for a more lively forum.

But I appreciate it’s a fine balance between having a boring clinical forum, and one where things can get out of hand.

I’m sure I’ve said a few questionable things here and there, but conversely there are those who bait, so from a mod view, it’s a lot of effort to seperate the general chat from things that are genuinely inappropriate.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

That must’ve been a very long time ago or a cumulative effect.

Yah both.

Drac

I just had a look again, 12/2011, email was @lost****, shall I forward to that email? Just how long have you been a Mod?

That’s my email?

Send it to the same email.

Hmmm! Good question About 8 years I think.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I replied, you should see the transcript,.

Drac

Ah right.

That’s not a warning really though is it, now I see it I recall it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My bike has a Lefty. Should it be banned?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

If you can see the whole convo then it includes a ban or two, but anyway, time for bed.
    Thanks for what you do (and the other mods) this place only exists because of the effort of those that care & put in the effort that most wouldn’t consider doing, let alone for free.
    Cheers.

Poopscoop

Don’t we have unofficial mods on here or something too?

Or is that one of these in jokes I am never privy to? 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

We never sleep.

Poopscoop

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    We never sleep.

Are you told of your new role via a cloaked messenger in the middle of the night?

Handed a sealed letter from an ashen hand.

scotroutes

Nope. Nothing like that.

Poopscoop

scotroutes – Member
    Nope. Nothing like that.

Ah, i was going for more drama.

Ok, an email perhaps?

tjagain

Poopscoop – Member

real answer there are hidden mods as well as drac and cougar who are openly mods. The hidden mods didn’t want the flak and I cannot blame them for it. to be a poster and an open mod is difficult and I have seen both Drac and Cougar accused of using their mod status unfairly which IMO is wrong and out of order

zokes
    Free Member

I think it’s like child behaviour: respond positively to and encourage good behaviour, and ignore/don’t react to a lot of the rest

The difference being that when it’s your child you actually care about the outcome. If Jamby wants to effectively put his case across then frankly the only one who loses out when he doesn’t is himself. Apart from that most of what he posts there is easily refutable and often downright lies. It’s not constructive use of the forum.

Lefties have an undeniable tendancy to live in echo chambers and it’s highly amusing seeing them trigger on STW whenever they’re challenged with facts over feelings, and long may this continue.

However, labelling people as ‘racist’ should be policed more thoroughly by STW as the accusations are baseless and without substance, something that’s proved time and time again by STW not simply banning the very same posters… that is unless of course these same deluded lefties actually believe that STW tolerate racists?!? Makes you think eh.

If ever there was a textbook case of triggering it would be the hissy fit a racist pulls when they’re called out for being racist, often coupled with the trope of “Islam is not a race”

funkmasterp

Just want to chime in to say I also appreciate the work that the mods do on here. I love the fact that there are hidden mods too. Drac and Cougar both do a great job in my opinion. Hats off to you fellas

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 348 total)

The topic ‘So here's the deal’ is closed to new replies.